Thread: In-Battle Crash

Default In-Battle Crash

Hey everyone, I'm having a pretty big gamebreaking crash. Pretty much every battle I play, I get an error:

"What a mess! Better check the log for errors. Closing shop now, better luck next time!"

I'm using steam but I'm not using the custom Kingdoms Launcher that was made specifically for steam users. I simply renamed IB2 folder "americas" and launch it from the M2TW Vanilla launcher. I have no other issues at all, it's just the in battle crash. My computer should definitely be able to handle it:

Alienware m11x R3
    Intel i7 2617M @1.5GHz (4 cores)
    8 GB Ram
    Nvidia Gt 540m 2 GB (also an Intel HD Graphics 3000, but I have it set to use my Nvidia card)

Any suggestions? I didn't find anything in the bug thread, but I didn't look extremely close.

Edit: Feeling pretty stupid, its on the last page of the bugs thread
    I'll try out the squid launcher. I'd love for any other suggestions though
    Last edited by jcain; September 22, 2012 at 05:20 PM.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: In-Battle Crash

Quote Originally Posted by jcain View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm having a pretty big gamebreaking crash. Pretty much every battle I play, I get an error:

"What a mess! Better check the log for errors. Closing shop now, better luck next time!"

I'm using steam but I'm not using the custom Kingdoms Launcher that was made specifically for steam users. I simply renamed IB2 folder "americas" and launch it from the M2TW Vanilla launcher. I have no other issues at all, it's just the in battle crash. My computer should definitely be able to handle it:

Alienware m11x R3
    Intel i7 2617M @1.5GHz (4 cores)
    8 GB Ram
    Nvidia Gt 540m 2 GB (also an Intel HD Graphics 3000, but I have it set to use my Nvidia card)

Any suggestions? I didn't find anything in the bug thread, but I didn't look extremely close.

Edit: Feeling pretty stupid, its on the last page of the bugs thread
    I'll try out the squid launcher. I'd love for any other suggestions though
    Hi jcain. Do your custom battles also crash? Does the crash happen in the middle of the loading process or right at the end as the process finishes? Does this happen only with a particular faction or all factions? Did the ctds occur after playing a campaign for a certain amount of time or immediately when you start a new campaign?
    Last edited by midnite; September 22, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

same problem here. I have always a ctd in custom battle, right after the conflict begins.

With that amount of information philosophus nobody will be able to help you.
    What system are you on, only custom battles or also campaign ones, what do you choose (factions etc.), do you have a log, is it set to trace?

i5, 3.1 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, GForce GTX550Ti 1Gb RAM (in steam). I have played only custom battles (Romans vs Ostrogoths) in canyon map. As far as I am not attacking it's all ok. But since I attack the enemy, after 4-5 seconds the game crashes and it shows me the message : "What a mess! Better check the log for errors. Closing shop now, better luck next time!"
    I don't know what is the log.

Quote Originally Posted by philosophos View Post
    i5, 3.1 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, GForce GTX550Ti 1Gb RAM (in steam). I have played only custom battles (Romans vs Ostrogoths) in canyon map. As far as I am not attacking it's all ok. But since I attack the enemy, after 4-5 seconds the game crashes and it shows me the message : "What a mess! Better check the log for errors. Closing shop now, better luck next time!"
    I don't know what is the log.
    Sorry, what I meant is operating system. Are you on windows? XP? 7? 8?
    Installation? On the unspaekable err ... steam?
    Edit: yeah, missed it its steam, making things worse
    There should be a log folder inside your main dir.
    Also a config file in mods folder, here IB2
    Make shure the config has a "hash" # before error and none before trace, should read like:

[log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    #level = * error

Produce the crash.
    Compress/zip the log, post it as attachment.

Then someone might be able to help.
    Last edited by Aethelstan; November 26, 2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Corrected 2 errors

win 7.
    the log folder is empty.
    I have added the "#" before " level = * error" but the problem remains.

if I install the mod in a non-steam version of the game, it will be playing properly?

Come on philosophos, be a little active on you own and ing READ!
    Sorry I´m in a bad mood right now

First thing you should do when experiencing probs is to verify if you are with the right files (newest version) and doing a reinstall following every instruction, for there might have something gone wrong.

In this case the main IB2 file and the Attachment.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-DOWNLOAD-HERE

If you are not aware of it yet there are special probs with win 7 and others - Virtual store and uac. signifer and Gig made some fine how to's:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397636
    The special steam probs:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410461

Yeah, you obviously hashed out the error line. READ my post 6 again. Its about trace. Did you enable, or ad the trace line?

woah, I haven't see that exists and a africa vandalorum II mod. I will install this and I will tell you if there will be any problem.
    (btw I have added the "trace" line but the problem remains)

Ah and I just forgot:

Thanks for allowing me to finally help you!

ok, with the version II, the problem seems to be fixed. thank you and +rep!!!

Good. Have fun with the mod philosophus.
    Maybe post some experiences, cause I´m pretty shure the Vandalorum campaign will see another polishment some day.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelstan View Post
    cause I´m pretty shure the Vandalorum campaign will see another polishment some day.

I would agree with this statement
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond