Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Retrofit Pack (Updated 9/19/13)

Icon3 Napoleon Retrofit Pack (Updated 9/19/13)

Introduction

Hey guys, Happy here! I am proud to today release my 'Napoleon Retrofit' pack. This pack aims to bring some of the balance changes and combat mechanics of Napoleon into Empire. It should feel subtle, non-intrusive, and very 'vanilla'. If you love NTW's battles and love ETW's campaign, try this out! The mods are bundled separately within the zip file for those who wish to mix and match.

Features and Changes
    There are several changes that this pack brings (all are optional).

1. Happy's Muzzle Flashes: This mod improves the base muzzle flashes substantially. They are now very prominent and flashy much like Napoleon's. Some people (like me) enjoy big flashes, some don't. Use either this or the 'Lingering Smoke' version, not both.
    2. Happy's Muzzle Flashes Lingering Smoke: (requested) Contains the same flashy muzzle flashes, but with lingering smoke. A video of these effects in use can be seen here.
    3. Happy's Napoleon Artillery: This mod back-ports some of the changes made to NTW's artillery and muskets. Muskets, Cannons, Howitzers, Fixed guns, Naval guns, and Fort Batteries have all had their range and muzzle velocities increased to match their NTW counterparts. If you like the implementation of artillery in NTW, you will like this mod
    4. Happy's Napoleon Formations: This mod increases the tightness of most units' formations, their accuracy, and their reload rate to match their NTW counterparts. This change is simple, but very noticeable and makes managing large armies easier. This change by proxy also makes units respond to positioning orders more efficiently (as they do in NTW) due to their tighter formation, and also makes artillery deadlier. Note: the AUM add-on for this mod requires Swiss Halberdier's original AUM_empire mod to work.
    5. Happy's Napoleon GFX: This mod imports the filters from NTW.
    6. Happy's Napoleon Fort Costs: This mod doubles the price of forts to reflect their cost in NTW. This change is made because I personally find fort battles in ETW to be too numerous, but they feel just right in Napoleon.
    7. Happy's Napoleon AI: This mod affects the Campaign AI, and is designed to make the campaigns more fast and furious, with the goal of factions expanding at a rate similar to Shogun 2. This mod was created because I disliked how passive the AI was in vanilla. It also improves the Battle AI (heavily based on IT@N's AI).
    8. Happy's Napoleon Upkeep: This mod halves the upkeep of all Infantry and Cavalry to match their NTW counterparts. This change allows very large armies to be maintained on the campaign map, much like in NTW.
    9. Happy's All Playable Factions: This mod unlocks all factions for play, and switches the AI manager for every minor faction from 'MAINTENANCE' to 'FULL.' This causes minor factions to behave like majors, and should provide more interesting and varied campaigns.

Happy's Napoleon Formations screenie

Vanilla

Happy's Napoleon Formations

Installation

Installation

Extract the pack files to your empire total war/data directory, then activate with LtChambers' Mod Manager.
    Changelog

9/19/2013 patch notes:
    -Added 'Happy's All Playable Factions'
    -Updated CAI to be more aggressive along with other minor things
    -Updated BAI to maintain its lines more vigorously and perform more flanking maneuvers (based on It@n's excellent BAI)
    -Updated Happy's Napoleon GFX to include the blue campaign theme from NTW
    -Updated Happy's Napoleon Formations to include wider firing arcs for infantry
    9/17/2013 patch notes:
    -Further adjusted combat values, now is almost exactly in-line with NTW
    -Added Happy's Napoleon GFX

• Contains blue main menu U.I. from NTW
    • Contains several filters imported from NTW (screenshot above)

-Updated Happy's Napoleon A.I.

4/28/13 patch notes:
    ~Happy's Napoleon Artillery~
    v2 - Increased velocity of cannon shot to match NTW.
    v3 - Added increased cannon and musket ranges.
    v4 - Reverted musket ranges to vanilla values due to AI issues.
    v4.2 - Increased Cannon, Musket, and Bow ranges and velocity to their NTW counterparts.

~Happy's Napoleon Muzzle Flashes~
    v1.1 - Decreased size of flashes to closer match their NTW counterparts.
    v1.2 - Added glow to muzzle flashes and cannon fire *Credit to Lordsith for this discovery, +rep him and his awesome NTWBSM mod*
    v1.4 - Tweaked smoke emission and added a lingering smoke version.

~Happy's Napoleon Formations~
    v4 - All units have their battalion formations adjusted to their NTW counterparts
    v5.1 - Accuracy and reload rate of most units have been changed to reflect their NTW counterparts

Enjoy! And please leave questions/comments/feedback below!

Download ---> Version 2.6
    Download ---> Happy's All Playable Factions
    Last edited by HappysLegi0ns; September 19, 2013 at 08:38 PM.

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Napoleon Retrofit Pack

Can you make musket muzzle flashes like in Darthmod platinum 8.0 but without lags?

I haven't played Darthmod since 7.0, but unless its changed he uses Mech_Donalds Battlefield Smoke Mod. I used to use it too (it's awesome), but the laggy smoke made me seek my own avenue of attaining better looking flashes

Happy's Muzzle Flashes should be what you're looking for, as they contain the big flashes without the lingering smoke that causes lag for some users.
    "What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance. " - John Sedgewick, Union General, his last words before being killed by a sniper.

Bumping because of large update to Happys_Napoleon_Artillery.

The range on all muskets and artillery have been increased to match their NTW counterparts.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by HappysLegi0ns; April 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM.
    "What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance. " - John Sedgewick, Union General, his last words before being killed by a sniper.

Patrician

which scripts or lines did you edit to increase muzzle flashes?
    Last edited by Lordsith; October 19, 2012 at 12:24 AM.

Landbattle.xml

I believe it was "fireburst_small" or something along those lines. I changed to lighting to -2, and the number of particles to 10.

Patrician

I didn't find "fireburst_small" in landbattle.xml . Can you tell me more precisely ?

The exact sting is called "Flash_dir_tiny"

Play with the values a little bit until you get the effect you want.

Patrician

Nice video with my aim animations

I can't live without them

Patrician

Ye it's like drug

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

THIS IS AWESOME! i love the sounds. totally realistic!
    can i use those muzzleflases for my Russo-turkish war mod plz?

You sure can, just credit me if you will :-)

Glad you like the mod! I'll be updating the muzzle flashes tomorrow, they're a little too big in their current form.

Quote Originally Posted by HappysLegi0ns View Post

Glad you like the mod! I'll be updating the muzzle flashes tomorrow, they're a little too big in their current form.
    Please don't, they look incredible as is, and besides this is how they MF is in NTW

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

thx mate, sure i´ll credit you

Please don't, they look incredible as is, and besides this is how they MF is in NTW
    i likeém too, but if they´ll be even better i support your idea!

Updated Happy's Muzzle Flashes.

The values are now exactly aligned with NTW.

Hey,
    Well done +rep, best muzzle flash out there , could you pls do a version of muzzle flash with the bsm mod medium pack because im trying to put the muzzle flash in the "landbattle.xml" but i can't find the ligne with the "Flash_dir_tiny" I really like having much smoke coming out of my cannons with a big muzzle flash and your mod leaves the rest on vanilla I still like the smoke and the explosion effects from bsm , it would be awesome if you can do this.
    Last edited by General William Howe; March 31, 2013 at 08:05 AM.

Just so you know, I just spent the last 4 hours trying to do exactly what you requested.

I can't get the engine to render the lingering smoke. I also can't simply import mech_donald's smoke without his permission. I will continue to try and get this done for you!

4/1/13

Added: Happy's Unit Mobility, Happy's Napoleon AI.

Its allright if it takes that long and if mech donalds doesent allows to use his smoke mod ,dont bother. But what i suggested is that Using his smoke mod and only editing the Muzzle flash of the guns and cannons and give some credit to him.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast