Hey guys, Happy here! I am proud to today release my 'Napoleon Retrofit' pack. This pack aims to bring some of the balance changes and combat mechanics of Napoleon into Empire. It should feel subtle, non-intrusive, and very 'vanilla'. If you love NTW's battles and love ETW's campaign, try this out! The mods are bundled separately within the zip file for those who wish to mix and match.
Features and Changes
There are several changes that this pack brings (all are optional).
- Happy's Muzzle Flashes: This mod improves the base muzzle flashes substantially. They are now very prominent and flashy much like Napoleon's. Some people (like me) enjoy big flashes, some don't. Use either this or the 'Lingering Smoke' version, not both.
- Happy's Muzzle Flashes Lingering Smoke: (requested) Contains the same flashy muzzle flashes, but with lingering smoke. A video of these effects in use can be seen here.
- Happy's Napoleon Artillery: This mod back-ports some of the changes made to NTW's artillery and muskets. Muskets, Cannons, Howitzers, Fixed guns, Naval guns, and Fort Batteries have all had their range and muzzle velocities increased to match their NTW counterparts. If you like the implementation of artillery in NTW, you will like this mod
- Happy's Napoleon Formations: This mod increases the tightness of most units' formations, their accuracy, and their reload rate to match their NTW counterparts. This change is simple, but very noticeable and makes managing large armies easier. This change by proxy also makes units respond to positioning orders more efficiently (as they do in NTW) due to their tighter formation, and also makes artillery deadlier. Note: the AUM add-on for this mod requires Swiss Halberdier's original AUM_empire mod to work.
- Happy's Napoleon GFX: This mod imports the filters from NTW.
- Happy's Napoleon Fort Costs: This mod doubles the price of forts to reflect their cost in NTW. This change is made because I personally find fort battles in ETW to be too numerous, but they feel just right in Napoleon.
- Happy's Napoleon AI: This mod affects the Campaign AI, and is designed to make the campaigns more fast and furious, with the goal of factions expanding at a rate similar to Shogun 2. This mod was created because I disliked how passive the AI was in vanilla. It also improves the Battle AI (heavily based on [email protected]'s AI).
- Happy's Napoleon Upkeep: This mod halves the upkeep of all Infantry and Cavalry to match their NTW counterparts. This change allows very large armies to be maintained on the campaign map, much like in NTW.
- Happy's All Playable Factions: This mod unlocks all factions for play, and switches the AI manager for every minor faction from 'MAINTENANCE' to 'FULL.' This causes minor factions to behave like majors, and should provide more interesting and varied campaigns.
Happy's Napoleon Formations screenieEnjoy! And please leave questions/comments/feedback below!
Download ---> Version 2.6
Download ---> Happy's All Playable Factions