Thread: 40 Turns for 1 unit?

Default 40 Turns for 1 unit?

hi there, i know this mod is still in the beta stages and everything but i'm currently playing as the macedonians and the hypaspists take 40 turns to create which would mean they take longer than most buildings to create at the moment.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Default Re: 40 Turns for 1 unit?

That's a remnant from VII actually The hypaspists were set to be unrecruitable in VII, but if you could recruit them, they would take 40 turns and be hugely expensive. I haven't got around to sorting out all the prices and so on - they are only standardised for everything west of Greece plus India and a few other units so far. But point taken - I'll make sure all units have their appropriate build times, at least (you'll notice a fair few have 0-turn recruitment from RSII )
    Last edited by Caligula Caesar; September 23, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

ah coolio, just trying to help you guys out in case you don't realise stuff like this

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think large recruitment times is a good thing for elites

would anyone really want to wait 10 years game time for a single unit of hoplites? and so far they havent even been that great at holding the enemy back and they'd barely escaped the 1st battle i fought with them, but by the time i did have them which was in 0.63 they'd been put to 2 turns (half a year) which i think is fair even a years waiting time i wouldnt mind hehe