Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help With Map Conversion

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Help With Map Conversion

I'm trying to convert MM3 map for BI but got stuck with an error that I couldn't figure out.

Here's the line 974

Code:
    	level large_town
    	region Etruria <-- 974

year_founded 0
    	population 4000
    	plan_set default_set
    	faction_creator empire_west
    And here's the corresponding entry in descr_region.txt

Code:
    Etruria				
    	legion: 
    	Arretium				
    	empire_west				
    	Etruscans				
    	157 198 13
    Anyone knows what am I been missing ??

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Default Re: Help With Map Conversion

yes, you have to have a settlement name next to the legion line I think. Im converting webbirds version of warmap to BI for a mod, and ALL of the problems I have come from the desrc_region.txt.
    Also you need to add in beliefs under each entry - just cross reference with the BI vanilla code and you should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Publius
    yes, you have to have a settlement name next to the legion line I think. Im converting webbirds version of warmap to BI for a mod, and ALL of the problems I have come from the desrc_region.txt.
    Also you need to add in beliefs under each entry - just cross reference with the BI vanilla code and you should be fine
    Okay. It's just that I have the same error once when converting MM3 to be use with RTR and that's on RTW 1.5

I'll try giving all region the same name first (have added the religion thing as place holder).

Thanks.

Can any mod help combine this thread with the one here at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56258 since I'll probably going to ask question about the same thing depending on the progress of this attempt.

You've got Etruscans as a rebel type which are from RTW but empire_west as a faction which is BI - have you modded descr_rebel_factions.txt so it includes that combination?

EDIT: I think on reflection that my question above was silly - as you would have changed faction names in mm3 files.

Just looked at mm3.zip - think relevant thing is that Etruria is first settlement in descr_strat (hadn't realised that from your post) - I think problem could be with formatting in descr_strat for conversion from 1.3 to 1.5/6 - e.g. at top of descr_strat in 1.6 it has some extra lines about brigand spawn etc. have you got all that?

also you shouldn't need to add religion if you don't want to - vanilla rtw files run fine on BI.exe under -mod without that being added in
    Last edited by makanyane; July 22, 2006 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane
    You've got Etruscans as a rebel type which are from RTW but empire_west as a faction which is BI - have you modded descr_rebel_factions.txt so it includes that combination?

EDIT: I think on reflection that my question above was silly - as you would have changed faction names in mm3 files.

Just looked at mm3.zip - think relevant thing is that Etruria is first settlement in descr_strat (hadn't realised that from your post) - I think problem could be with formatting in descr_strat for conversion from 1.3 to 1.5/6 - e.g. at top of descr_strat in 1.6 it has some extra lines about brigand spawn etc. have you got all that?

also you shouldn't need to add religion if you don't want to - vanilla rtw files run fine on BI.exe under -mod without that being added in
    Yup. In MM3 Etruria is the first line, but I made Latium the first entry as I deleted Senate. I copied all BI DS entries to be use. I know I should done the easier stuff by using RTW entries instead of BI entries using the -mod: command switch but I've been playing 1.5 base for so long and wanted to learn 1.6 aspect of modding.

Is there a limited faction according to certain culture that needs to be in BI ? Say, there's no more than 3 nomad for BI, no more than 2 romans something like that.

I haven't actually found specific modding tutorials for BI as most of present tutorials are RTW base.

http://rapidshare.de/files/26561070/...or_III.7z.html
    Here's some files I did. It's not playable yet though. I tried to use RTR's settings for BI engine. Includes also some modding notes.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

If I got this error the first thing I would do is check the colour code and the presence of a settlement on the regions map. Of course that's more likely to be the problem when creating maps rather than converting them.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Marcellus Trajanus's Avatar Civis

Hi all,

I'm doing something similiar at the moment as the standard BI map is not to my liking and I'd like to have a mods map for that. I would like to know if there's a way to automatically retrieve the coords of a regions settlement and port from the map_regions.tga and save them into a text file or something? As there are about 150 regions I don't want to look them up by hand, would be kinda time-intesive :hmmm:.

I've been trying to get that map_regions.tga opened with VBA but that doens't work out well, so certain coding-it-myself-attempts are stuck by now.

Um, you don't seem to have put map_regions.tga in your download - could you add that incase its any different to the mm version I've got or incase anyone else is trying to look at it?

cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane
    Um, you don't seem to have put map_regions.tga in your download - could you add that incase its any different to the mm version I've got or incase anyone else is trying to look at it?

cheers..
    Uppsss.. I miss that. Anyway I haven't done any maps editing. It's the original MM3. I only do the text editing stuff only.

Anyway here's the file.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; July 05, 2007 at 04:57 PM.

I have the same probem when have to add the legion : (legion name) string in the descr_regions.txt
    I receive an error message sayng that the legion : (legion name) couldn't be found in stringable!
    What does it mean??And how to solve the probem.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian
    I have the same probem when have to add the legion : (legion name) string in the descr_regions.txt
    I receive an error message sayng that the legion : (legion name) couldn't be found in stringable!
    What does it mean??And how to solve the probem.
    I think you should check the legion name is listed in

descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup.txt in the Campaign folder
    barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names.txt in the text folder
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Eureka !!!!!!!!

Sily mistakes. :tooth: The buildings assigend are still RTW faction/culture and with the conversion, some cultures are not suppose to get certain building. I just deleted all temple entries in descr_strat.txt and viola !!

Hmm.. anyone interested in heping me with my mod ?

The error refers to the fact that the string " legion : (legion name) " can't be added in that point of the descr_regions file.
    As it must not be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian
    The error refers to the fact that the string " legion : (legion name) " can't be added in that point of the descr_regions file.
    As it must not be there.
    I'm not sure what the error is about becuse I have no problem adding legion names to RTW mods by using bi option in DS.txt file.

Most probably your error are not related to the legion naming but others.

I have noticed that not all regions, to tell the thruth only a few, can have the legion : entry applied but i don't know why

Maybe it's related to entries in the edu ?

Sorry for bringing up old topic but I don't want to create new one for a basically same project.

This is a new error I encountered. Any ideas ?

PHP Code:
    spot items
    include di_spot_items.txt

include di_slot_fillers.txt

include di_wooden_walls.txt
    include di_walls_roman.txt
    include di_walls_greek.txt
    include di_walls_eastern.txt
    include di_walls_egyptian.txt
    include di_walls_barbarian.txt 
    From descr_items.txt

What I did prior to this error is only editing the DMB file, giving correct generals for factions etc.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I have done extensive work on the Mundus Magnus 3 map, cleaning it up and getting it fully playable in just RTW v1.5, and want to share with you that the original download was imcomplete and missing a number of settlements in Descr_strat.txt. (at least 7-8) This caused a lot of problems.....just an FYI.

If you want to egt a full list of regions and the coordinates for for ports and towns this might help you:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58429

JFYI, too :wink:
    Last edited by Marcellus Trajanus; August 11, 2006 at 04:23 PM.
    Have a map and want a brief overview over it's list of regions, the coordinates of ports and towns?
    Tired of working out R:TW compatible coordinates for descr_strat by hand? MapAnalysator might help.
    Curious? Then have a look @
    >> The MapAnaylsator Thread <<
    Now with SiteCrosshair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast