Thread: Sundering Feedback

Default Sundering Feedback

OK. Let me preface this by saying that i haven't had the time to play this mod in about a month, so i may be forgetting some things. I have played two campaigns--one as Caledor and the other as Saphery-- and have thoroughly enjoyed both of them. This mod absolutely incredible, and i really appreciate all of the hard work and time that everybody has put into making it what it is.

The units are great; both well skinned and well conceived while staying generally true to their Warhammer roots (I didn't play Warhammer myself, but I have recognized many of the units from this mod while browsing my friend's copy of High Elf Armies.) In particular, I think that the archmages of Saphery are exceptionally executed, as are the witch-elves. I also really like some of the unique general's bodyguard units that some characters have (Imrik and Alith Anar come to mind) and found myself wishing that there were more of them (archmage bodyguards anyone?)

Additionally, I really enjoyed the flavor text that pops up between turns and when entering a new region. Little details such as those are what makes this mod so immersive. Also the unit descriptions are incredible. I was able to get a fairly good feeling for the events of the sundering. I was impressed.

As for constructive criticism, I would say the following:

1) There are some battles where I CTD. IIRC I remember reading that Alith Anar was a frequent culprit so I am assuming that you guys are already working to resolve this. I think I can give you a save game with a battle that always crashes if it would help you to determine exactly what is going on.

2) Dragon riders of Caledor are beautifully skinned, however when using them sometimes it seems as though they kill things very slowly. Their attack seems to knock most of a unit down without killing any and then flying away, looping around, and not killing anything when it strikes again. I found myself having to go to 6x speed sometimes when using them as a result. Note that dragon riders are QUITE strong when auto-resolving a battle however. When compared to the shear man-eating killing power of the war hydra, it seems as though the dragon rider is a little lacking imo. Also, i'm not sure if this is intended or not but i had trouble getting dragon riders to join armies on boats.

3) Idk if this happens all the time, but frequently when archmages are set to flaming round, they will not fire. The firing missile icon will appear for a second and then disappear. When flaming round is disabled though, I have not seen this occur once yet.

4) I have seen this come up before and I tend to agree. The Daemons seem a little overwhelming in the early game. I understand that they are represented by the rebels and therefore controlling their spawning is difficult, but they are crazy hard. Maybe keep it the same but don't allow the daemons/rebels access to war hydras? Just a thought

5) One or two pieces of the flavor text is untranslated. Note that this is not a big deal, but I figured I would bring it to your attention.

Anyway, I think that about sums up my thoughts on this mod. This was the first M2TW mod that I have played, and I can honestly say that if I decide to try another mod, it probably will not live up to The Sundering. Good job guys, and thanks!

Default Re: Sundering Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by xhbxEboLA View Post
    Maybe keep it the same but don't allow the daemons/rebels access to war hydras? Just a thought
    In my four full campaigns I believe I have once o twice had to actually fight the hydras? It is exceptionally easy to outmaneuver them or put some long range fire at them. Other than that, yes the Demons are damn strong, but they lack in numbers and coordination, thy can be cut of and killed piecemeal.

Also, there are battles that can not be won.