View Poll Results: Rate the mod giving your grade from 1 to 10.

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll

45 37.82%

43 36.13%

20 16.81%

2 1.68%

2 1.68%

4 3.36%

0 0%

1 0.84%

0 0%

2 1.68%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Empire Press + User reviews

Default DarthMod Empire Press + User reviews

DarthMod Empire Press + User reviews

You can write your personal review for DarthMod Empire v8.0 Platinum.
    If you have previously written it in the feedback thread, you can copy/paste it here as well.

In addition,
    You can rate the mod at ModDB.

Finally below are opinions and news written in 3rd party sites.

Press and Blogs

Kotaku "My Favourite Mod of All Time Just Got Even Better"
    PC Games N "Total War mod, DarthMod Empire V8.0 platinum, released; developer retires from Total War modding"
    Strategy Informer "The Best in free PC games and mods: September 2012"
    4yougamers "Empire Total War with Darthmod review"

Default Re: DarthMod Empire Press + User reviews

Hello there
    1st. This is the greatest mod i've evers seen ! Those sounds of muskets , uniforms, and all that stuffs are just great ! The AI is great and smart ! No mele bug ! These are the reall battles .!
    2st. Some minor mistake like Danish king is Carol the XII and Courland battle flag is cut in half.
    3rd. I know I know .... I said it already 1000000 times but im gonna said it again ! No polish units ! for gods sake , lots of polish plays that , and Poland-Lithuania is MAJOR faction , for example norway is 5 times more developed than us , european wars 2 give us only XVII century cavalery . So i will wait for patch or caus belli . Thats why i gave 8.
    PS. Great work Darth and all darth mod band

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

DARTHMOD 8.0 PLATINIUM 9 + HusserlTW's LAUNCHER = 10

This new version is really a "platinium", excellent effects (sound, smoke ecc..), excellent AI (coordination, tattics,...) and the new launcher (very easy but complete) and a lot of other things

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Darth, I already own Napoleon and never wanted Empire TW. When I saw you released this I decided I would buy Empire too :-D

"This country is not mine, nor is it yours; but of the descendants of our descendants" Stefan cel Mare (Stefan the Great), moldavian voivod, his last words

Old Gendarme's Avatar Foederatus

My favorite mod. I will not play Empire TW without it. Now it is even better than it was before. Thumbs up!!!!
    I rate it 10!!!

Best hands down. I sometimes feel like i'm watching a movie during the battles and forget i'm the one fighting. The best and so many hours of enjoyment to come. Thank you Darth for all your hard work and effort. And not to forget HusserlTW's work as well. Thanks again. :-)

Marines's Avatar Civis

You know where I stand Darth...

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Can't vote on ModDB.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

I had no problem rating it a 9! And the only reason not giving it a full 10 was due to the less important fact that it still has some quirks that needs fixing. Nothing terribly game-breaking though. I have not experienced (as I've seen some people reported) frequent CTD's or anything. Husser's launcher is a work of ingeniuity, and incredibly user-friendly, and I can recommend this to everyone who's a hardcore ETW-fan, but hasn't really felt the need to play it in a while due to CA's vanilla experience.

The sound's epic, the music is a masterpiece and the overall gameplay have become so incredibly fine-tuned over the years this mod has been in development. I couldn't even begin to imagine to start ETW ever again without this mod.

CA! Start taking notes, I say! Although, without CA's great game-series this mod never would've seen the light of day, so a bit of kudos to them as well ^^
    Last edited by BrodY; October 02, 2012 at 06:54 AM.

Voodo chile's Avatar Campidoctor

9/10
    "How Empire should have been on release"

Sound,graphics,gameplay - All overhauled. Very little remains unimproved.
    Anyone who says they hate Empire total war needs to give this a try. Honestly, i cant go back to vanilla empire.

Unlike BrodY, i happen to be one who has experienced frequent CTD's for no obvious reason. But at least custom battles work fine!

One of the best Total War mods i've played, right up there with RS for Rome and Third Age for MTW2

when buying empire was very upset, was rubbish, I played a little and leave, now I'm back to play thanks to darthmod garbage makes this something worth playing

I wrote a review of Empire Total War together with DarthMod on the 4yougamers website. You can read it here:
    http://4yougamers.com/empire-total-w...rthmod-review/

UltimateTobi's Avatar Libertus

Player ETW for a while and it was OK, though it got boring quickly.

Note: I am anything but a friend of mods. So I gave DarthMod Empire a try yesterday and what can I say... it makes it a new game! I started a new Grand Campaign and I couldn't stop playing!
    The new sounds, the new music... (The Last of the Mohicans caught my attention instantly! ).
    And, of course the most important, all the other changes made to the game that made it better; playable; interesting.

Can't thank you enough! You made ETW enjoyable once again!

Thank you!

- Fellow DME user since yesterday

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

English and french units 250-300 men. Austria and Russia 450. Turks ...Nizam i cedit 500 men a unit ... Sikh warriors 450. Fellahin, Sekhban and a few more musqueteer units in India 450 each. And in reality they didn't have musqueteers at all, except a few single guns personall.. Zamindari pikemen 550. Musellims 600 ?! Wtf ? The phylosophy of this feature is mistaken. It moves to there that crappy units will be able to counter good units, equality achieved with increased size. For example musellims will be able to slaughter a grenadier unit. So if an idiotic faction produces only such units, lets say militia 20 units x 450 men each, it will be able to prevail. This phylosophy is completely mistaken. An elite unit has to be able to kill allthrough or rout at least 3-4 ordinary ones. If the AI has to win it can produce more units. But thus made is killing the top with the worst. Communism.

Otherwise great mod. Just this is not in order.
    Last edited by Dracula; January 26, 2015 at 10:51 PM.

Just dropped in to say how much I'm enjoying this mod. Haven't played ETW for a few years before I saw this. Has brought an old game back to life, bloody brilliant and highly recommended. Installation is a doddle too with the installer as long as you follow the start up instructions. Love playing GB now that you start with a province in India too. Outstanding job.

I'm gunna give it a 8. Certainly much better than vanilla.

I'm still playing my first game as the Dutch. Would be a 10 but the Mugals landed an army in Holland to declare war on me. Ignoring all other nations on the way there and my settlement at Ceylon, so stupidly unrealistic.

Also, the Pirate situation doesn't seem to have changed. They ignore other nation's ships and if you don't occupy their 2 ports and kill them off, no one else will.

Otherwise awesome.

Looks good so far. A word of advice, you mixed up the portraits of Eugen von Savoyen and Guido von Starhemberg. The Papal States (Italian) is a vassal (protectorate) of some strange muslim state far awey in Southern Russia, Dagestan or something, is that a bug? Why would the game start like that? Edit: It was done on the second turn, it's not started like that. Now Bavaria and another state in Western Europe simply turned protectorates of this tiny OPM in the far east.
    Last edited by Kaiser Nonsense; February 04, 2017 at 12:18 AM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

The Dagestani empire strikes again apparently.
    Sigh, it's not a rare occurrence unfortunately. And if you take Dagestan they all go under the Knights of St John.

The Confederation of protectorates under Dagestan was what prompted me to start playing as Dagestan to be sincere in Causa Belli and expand their armies.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

The spy, does not give information on military units in the enemy city. I find the ships travel too far for a turn. With 4 turns a year, there is great research value. CTD with the Warpath campaign. Sometimes strange things happen in land battles. Lots of new units.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast