Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [INFORMATION] GENERAL SOLUTION THREAD

Default Re: [INFORMATION] GENERAL SOLUTION THREAD

Always when i try to install the mod, one part or with two part i get this message after a few seconds i start the installation "access to C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\empire totalwar\data\dme\dme platinum.exe was denied". Can someone help me?

Default Re: [SOLUTION] Crash after/during Splash

Hello there, I need some help! I just wanted to clear something up, on the thread it says DME should be installed on the C drive directory, but my steam/steamapps/common/empiretotalwar is on the D drive do i copy it to the C drive or how do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by shotwaffel View Post
    Hello there, I need some help! I just wanted to clear something up, on the thread it says DME should be installed on the C drive directory, but my steam/steamapps/common/empiretotalwar is on the D drive do i copy it to the C drive or how do I do that?

I didn't alter the location of Steam, but found that so long as I open steam I can start the game from the darthmod menu.
    In other words. I start DM, when I get to the "start" screen on DM, I then open steam, then go back and select "start" on the DM screen.
    This has worked for me.

when i try to install the darthmod it comes up please insert disc 2. what disc

Hey everyone, i have had the following problem with Darthmod for NTW and now with ETW.

First error at startup with the launcher
    error: attempt to concatenante global 'pAppData' (a nil value)

Stack Traceback:

1: [Globals] Line: 18 in main chunk
    Second error comes right after that:1: [Project -> On Startup] Line: 3 in main chunk

Stack Traceback:

1: [Globals] Line: 3 in main chunk

3rd error

Error: attempt to call global 'ItemSetChecked' (a nil value)

stack Traceback:

1: [Page1 -> On Show] Line: 20 in main chunk

I have tried all the troubleshooting steps i have found online i.e. deleted elements inAppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts.
    I have checked the target path for the launcher. I have a clean install of ETW. I started up vanilla ETW and created a campaign save and then installed DME and launcher again, shows the same errors.

Can anyone tell me anything about these errors? Seems like many have had these strange errors but it was never resolved.

Thanks in advance!

65434I get when pressing start on the launcher: application load error 5:0000065434
    I have tried to get this mod working for a year now and none of these solutions works.
    Please reply.

Quote Originally Posted by simme7777 View Post
    65434I get when pressing start on the launcher: application load error 5:0000065434
    I have tried to get this mod working for a year now and none of these solutions works.
    Please reply.
    The application load error 5:0000065434 appears when you don't install the game in the original steam directory on drive C:\ The solution is pretty simple: you should copy the Steam.exe into the directory where you have installed ETW. For example E:\ETW\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\.

I need help with the downloading. after its done. I start it but errors pop up saying "aum_on; dtm_on; msc_on; nvy_on; snd_on; unt_on; skn_on" after that its crashes the game every time I start it. I look at the DME>Packs but nothings comes with the list is shown. help me with this problem. I look at this and nothing tells about it. I even wasted time on the two part download and comes out the same. HELP ME

I dont know if this had already been said somewhere but I could not find it when I start up the launcher it says "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\data\DME\Packs\nvy_on' make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again"

I installed ETW from a disk and copied the program files things because I could not find it (copied it off the Darthmod page)

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Xakire View Post
    I dont know if this had already been said somewhere but I could not find it when I start up the launcher it says "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\data\DME\Packs\nvy_on' make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again"

I installed ETW from a disk and copied the program files things because I could not find it (copied it off the Darthmod page)
    It would sound as if your download is not complete, I would try Strategy Informer Link is still active or try http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14572470, the latter works perfectly as it is the one I zipped and uploaded recently
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

Hmmm I get CTD everytime I start the game.My installation is ok I presume. I start launcher, set 4 turns per year and others, click on START on bottom, it says you can start the Empire manually and dont close the launcher. I do that, I start empire on Steam, but CTD everytime. But what is the weirdest part. When I close the launcher and start the empire without that, the game starts. Even I have the Darthmod intro with music in main menu. It looks like Darthmod is working. But when I start the campaign, I can see there is only 2 turns per year and that means, the Darthmod is not working
    Last edited by SirPeacemaker; July 19, 2015 at 07:33 AM.
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

Quote Originally Posted by SirPeacemaker View Post
    Hmmm I get CTD everytime I start the game.My installation is ok I presume. I start launcher, set 4 turns per year and others, click on START on bottom, it says you can start the Empire manually and dont close the launcher. I do that, I start empire on Steam, but CTD everytime. But what is the weirdest part. When I close the launcher and start the empire without that, the game starts. Even I have the Darthmod intro with music in main menu. It looks like Darthmod is working. But when I start the campaign, I can see there is only 2 turns per year and that means, the Darthmod is not working
    just check in a custom battle, pick Britain and let me know the unit size and range of the Line Infantry

continued and resolved in this thread from post 5 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14603334
    Last edited by ♔hammeredalways♔; July 27, 2015 at 12:25 PM.
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Hi, I managed to get the mod working, it would not launch through the launcher, but does through steam. my current issue is that i want to add the AUM EMP additional unit mod, but it never works. and iwhen i select the scripts on the darth mod launcher nothing opens.
    now the game does not even launch.
    i installed both into my steam - steam apps - empire total war

Have no idea what to do. any help?

I expect that if the Launcher is not working then editing via the launcher may be problematic.

I would suggest that you check the following:-

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

locate the user_script and manually add the AUM Mod, save and then re-try

my 2 download is not an exe byt a Labeled 2file can someone help

Quote Originally Posted by moodyskyrim117 View Post
    my 2 download is not an exe byt a Labeled 2file can someone help

Hi and welcome to the forums

Where you have downloaded to the two part version you generally have to unzip both parts into the same folder.

If you are having issues may I suggest the one part download - links here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12007470

hey problem im having isnt here when i download it or launch download it starts and once half way it says enter second disk to continue im lost please help i redownloaded it like 4 times and always happpens

Quote Originally Posted by anthonySosa View Post
    hey problem im having isnt here when i download it or launch download it starts and once half way it says enter second disk to continue im lost please help i redownloaded it like 4 times and always happpens
    May I suggest the one piece download, they all work fine as most are my own file uploaded

Hello hav u found a solution for five years I've tried installing dearth mod and the insert disk 2 thing happens

Quote Originally Posted by heirofsassan52 View Post
    Hello hav u found a solution for five years I've tried installing dearth mod and the insert disk 2 thing happens
    why not download the one piece version?

if not then try http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14633683

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast