Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [INFORMATION] GENERAL SOLUTION THREAD

Default Re: [INFORMATION] GENERAL SOLUTION THREAD

After a nasty crash caused by a virus I had to reinstall Empire and Darthmod and then simply could not get beyond the DME loading screen before it told me that Empire had stopped working. Invariably, when I checked a file failed to validate and was reacquired. Nothing seemed to work until I spotted a suggestion by a poster named didz on Steam Community that all script files should be deleted, not just preferences. It worked. DME loaded. Now I need to see if I can get Bran Mac's mod going and I'll be good as new.

Success. BMB's mod is loaded and functioning and even my save game works fine.

Thank you, didz.... whoever and wherever you are.

Aram Kurdo's Avatar Tiro

i downloaded and installed, but the MUSIC ON part was not properly installed so i had to ignore and others were ok, i lunched the luncher and when it goes to the game it crashes. what is the problem?
    Racists and Fascists Call You Terrorists, Humanity Calls You "FREEDOM FIGHTER"
    YPJ (Women protection Units) Warriors in Rojava (Kurdistan Of Syria)

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KurdishSpartakus View Post
    i downloaded and installed, but the MUSIC ON part was not properly installed so i had to ignore and others were ok, i lunched the luncher and when it goes to the game it crashes. what is the problem?
    please try the fix on page 1 of this thread, scroll down to 4th solution CTD Audio Fix by dskod1
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Laetus

Please Can u send some working download links? For both 8.0 platinum and the 8.0.1 update. There is no existing download really working.

Hello all. Returning to Darthmod after a few years and I'm having trouble launching a battle. Everything seems to have installed correctly, but I get a CTD on the loading screen for a custom battle. I haven't tried a campaign, but my Vanilla campaign still works. I've deleted the scripts. I have (I think) uninstalled and reinstalled, but to no avail. Is there anything else I can try? It seems fairly common. Everything I have seen thus far has not solved the problem yet.

EDIT: With some playing around, I figured it out. It was the loading music. Turned off and all works
    Last edited by Suthseaxe; January 07, 2017 at 02:56 PM.

Is it possible to play as Hungary? I see youve made an entire unique unit roster for them so maybe its possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Beppelascar View Post
    Is it possible to play as Hungary? I see youve made an entire unique unit roster for them so maybe its possible?
    it was originally possible using the Causa Belli sub-mod, it would need an edited startpos to do so now
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBert View Post
    Please Can u send some working download links? For both 8.0 platinum and the 8.0.1 update. There is no existing download really working.
    Download in 1 File
    Strategy Informer or Modsaholic or Torrent or Ausgamers

added 15.04.16
    https://mega.nz/#!7Y8AUABB!p-_IDr_zc...uHMNKYUelviVr4

http://www.filefactory.com/file/8pbg...80Platinuma.7z

http://www.filefactory.com/file/7g72...80Platinuma.7z

https://mega.nz/#!7Y8AUABB!p-_IDr_zc...uHMNKYUelviVr4
    you may need Firefox or other browser as IE does not always seem to work with mega.nz

should all still work, I have tested today without issue - if you still experience any problems please advise

Installed in Windows 10 Home edition. Went well for a while but had a crash in the middle of a battle.
    I have now used the Large Address Aware program (which I thought wouldn't be needed in this version of windows) and everything going well after a few battles. This mod is so GREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAT !!!!

PS: In windos 10 Home put in Windows 7 compatilibity mode ETW vanilla and DM mod too of course.

gertie's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: [SOLUTION] Crash after/during Splash

Hi,

I installed DM 8 + the latest patch, but during land battles it randomly crashes. Sometimes 5 minutes in, other times 20 minutes in. It's getting so annoying since i'm playing the same land battle over and over and it keeps crashing before I can finnish the battle. Please help.

I cant open the extracted part 2 and i tried to redownload it wont work wint 7zip or anything "cant open it in archive", neither do any of the download all in one files work.

Default Re: [SOLUTION] Crash after/during Splash

The message I get while trying to start the game

you´re ready to launch empire manualy. please do not clause the launcher!

so I press okay.

and then nothing.
    This happens after installing the patch. When I install the main file, DME seems to work, but as soon as I want to close the game. My computer gets stuck and then I mean really stuck. ( no control alt delete escape, I have to turn the whole thing of) Also when I want to ship troops over sea I get the same problem.
    So I thought I´d install the patch (used same folder as DME main file, but I f...... it up, a couple of times now.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War is where I installed both files

, but they seem to end up in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME

Is that okay?
    Last edited by skap187; August 17, 2017 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad S View Post
    I cant open the extracted part 2 and i tried to redownload it wont work wint 7zip or anything "cant open it in archive", neither do any of the download all in one files work.
    this one seems to get it started
    https://www.ausgamers.com/files/down...pire-total-war

but as you can read I m having problems myself.

windows can not find C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/DME/Packs/aum_on what have I done wrong?

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

aum_on? IIRC correctly the AUM file for Darthmod is DME_AUM.pack. Try looking at your user script and see if there is a matching .pack file in the 'Empire Total War' folder. Or is this a launcher problem? Please elaborate.

EDIT: so the aum_on file is a .bat file. This is the file that tells the launcher whether to use DME_AUM or not. This shouldn't mean you can't play the game as you can just manually include DME_AUM. Or re-install, which is your best bet if there is a missing file.
    Last edited by Aexodus; September 25, 2017 at 02:59 PM.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

would anyone want to help me download and setup darth mod for etw on mac? im a mod noob and keep screwing up.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; November 28, 2017 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Off-topic part deleted.

After downloading the first part of the mod it says I need to insert the second disk, I have tried to reinstall both pieces of the mod but it still does not work.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Put both part 1 and part 2 in the same folder. Easiest way is to move them both to desktop. That way part 1 can ‘find’ part 2 and install both together. Doesnt matter what location patch 8.01 is in.

I assume you have downloaded BOTH parts 1 and 2 from modDB?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

they are both in the same folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War
    yes they are both from modDB

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast