Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWAP game, Anyone?

NobleNick's Avatar Artifex

Default SWAP game, Anyone?

Hi all,

Many of you on this forum have been watching Severous and myself enjoying a swap game. This game style was Severous' idea; and I really didn't think much of it at first, but it is really fun!

Some have expressed an interest in a Swap game. I have all the action I can handle at the moment; but figured maybe there is enough interest out there for more games. I've been feeling a bit guilty about enjoying myself so much while the succession thread lies dormant and others just get to look on, soooo....

Here are a few options for swap games. If anyone would like to play one, just call out a slot number by posting in this thread. I will edit the top post to reflect your desires. When a game fills up, go off and play. Maybe start a thread with the game, so that the rest of us can enjoy it, too, and maybe we will learn something by watching. You don't have to be as documentary as Severous and I have been: The idea is to do what you find enjoyable.

I've set up a few guidelines, so that those signing up know what is expected. Of course, by mutual consent, you can do whatever you please:

-- Three (3) players per game.
    -- Each player gets max of 3 game turns per player turn
    -- Forward game to next player within 3 calendar days of receipt.

Suggested games:

(Again, the number of players, mods used, faction names, unit size, and difficulty settings are suggestions. They are the kinds of games I'd like to play *IF* I was playing -- which I am not-- So, if you are the first to sign for a slot in a game, and want something special, ask and I can change it for you (make it something reasonable, if you want others to join you). If you are the second or third: work it out with your fellow gamers if you want to change.)

A.) -----------------------------------------------------

Mods: RTW 1.5, NO mods (a.k.a. "Vanilla")
    Faction = Briton.
    Campaign difficulty = Very Hard
    Battle difficulty = Hard.
    Unit size = Large.

Slot 1 = (player name)
    Slot 2 = (player name)
    Slot 3 = (player name)

-----------------------------------------------------

B.) -----------------------------------------------------

Mods: Terrae Expugnandae 5.1
    Faction = Selucia.
    Campaign difficulty = Hard
    Unit size = Large.

Slot 4 = (player name)
    Slot 5 = (player name)
    Slot 6 = (player name)

C.) -----------------------------------------------------

Mods: RTW 1.5, NO mods (a.k.a. "Vanilla")
    Faction = Egypt.
    Campaign difficulty = Very Hard
    Unit size = Large.

Slot 7 = technishn08
    Slot 8 = michailangelo
    Slot 9 = 13ig_VV

Last edited by NobleNick; August 07, 2006 at 07:47 AM.

technishn08's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: SWAP game, Anyone?

I could do the egypt one on vanilla 1.5 if anyone is interested.
    Is it not worthy of tears that, when the number of worlds is infinite, we have not yet become lords of a single one?-Alexander the Great

Im interested on egypt campaign but i have add academy and the upgrades public order bonus and add the extra patch from CA,dont know if my rometw is vanilla anymore.

What is the extra patch? The one that only allows romans to build temple of Epona? The academies in my vanilla 1.5 game add public order as well, and I didnt change anyhting to get that...
    Is it not worthy of tears that, when the number of worlds is infinite, we have not yet become lords of a single one?-Alexander the Great

Quote Originally Posted by michailangelo
    Im interested on egypt campaign but i have add academy and the upgrades public order bonus and add the extra patch from CA,dont know if my rometw is vanilla anymore.
    Your RTW is not vanilla anymore; but vanilla is not a requirement; just my starting suggestion. I will add your name to the appropriate slot; and whatever you two agree on (if you do) I will change. If you can't find common ground; I can move or remove your name, as desired.

13ig_VV's Avatar Decanus

would it be possible to do a noob-level SWAP game? like n/n? I can't beat H/H or VH/VH yet and it might let other new players try a SWAP game as well

technishn:yes thats the patch i am talking about.Its a known issue that although the readme of rtw1.5 states that academies provide public order theres not actually such a thing and u you have to add it manually,check this http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotal...ID=32744.topic (question 1)

13ig_VV: Are u interested in egypt campaign?As for the settings we will arrenge them if we complete the triple slots.

Quote Originally Posted by 13ig_VV
    would it be possible to do a noob-level SWAP game? like n/n? I can't beat H/H or VH/VH yet and it might let other new players try a SWAP game as well
    Tell me which game you want, and if you are the first to sign up for the game; we can change EVERYTHING to suit just you. Or add a game. Or you can even start your own thread with your own custom settings and advetise for partners. Like I said before, though, make it reasonable if you want others to join you.

So, If you would like to advertise in this thread; just tell me what you want and I will alter the top post to get you in.

13ig_VV's Avatar Decanus

yea sure i'll play egypt. I've never played the egyptian campaign but i'd love to give it a try. would u guys be willing to to H/H? I'm fine with everything else just the difficulty might overwhelm me.

nick: would u mind putting me in the third slot for the egyptian game?

o and i've never played a SWAP game before so can I get briefed on the rules and how to give the game to other ppl and ne thing else I should know before I play in a SWAP game?
    Last edited by 13ig_VV; August 04, 2006 at 12:32 PM.

Ok, well, I guess we're equal here, because this will be my first swap game as well. BAsicall,y there are 3 players. One person starts a game, and after three days, that person emails the game to the next player in line, and so on. I hav eone question though, how do I get the minor fix for the Romans to get the Epona temples? I can't find it on the website. And 13ig_VV, you will have to edit export_descr_buildings.txt, so the academies add public order.

13ig_VV's Avatar Decanus

aight could u possibly explain to me how to do that? or should is there a post somewhere that would tell me how?

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntota...D=32744.topi c (question 1)

Go there, and it will tell you how. So you're in? I still need to know if there is a place where I can just download a minipatch allowing only the romans to get the awsome temple and pantheon of Epona!!!! Plz tell me!!!!
    Last edited by technishn08; August 05, 2006 at 02:13 PM.

Here,technishn:"ADDITIONAL ROME CAMPAIGN FIX FOR PATCHES 1.5/1.6
    Only Romans are now able to build an Awesome Temple or a Pantheon of Epona.

www.totalwar.com/asset_library/Patches/Rome/export_descr_buildings.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt - this file must be placed in the Rome data directory. Example path: c:\ Program Files\Rome - Total War\data."(actually i just copy paste this from the link i posted before but question 2 now)

As for the settings, i suggest VH/H because i believe egypt campaign is among the easiest, even for a noob.
    Last edited by michailangelo; August 05, 2006 at 05:34 PM.

13ig_VV's Avatar Decanus

i'll play w/e difficulty, im jus makin sure u guys know i've never played egypt befor and im a bit of a noob. o and tech ur link doesnt work. so i just place that link in the right file and it should work or do i copy and paste export_descr_buildings.txt into data?
    Last edited by 13ig_VV; August 05, 2006 at 06:42 PM.

so just go to the link in post number 7. Can I start the game?

Its fine with me but what kind of settings will u apply?

Egypt, VH/H. ROmans can build temple to Epona only, and Academie adds public order. Ill PM you my email adress.

13ig_VV's Avatar Decanus

aight im in and i think im ready. i followed instructions for the academy fix. is there ne thing else i need to get? like u've been talking about the epona fix do i need that?

ya thats important i think. I'm just finished doing it.

Last edited by michailangelo; August 05, 2006 at 07:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast