Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PROPOSAL: L5R Total War

Civis

Default Re: PROPOSAL: L5R Total War

Starting Line-up: Crane

I'm still looking for anyone who wants to help with modelling and texturing. At least anyone who can do a better job than me at making these not look so pixelated.

Daidoji Iron Cranes

Daidoji Harriers

Asahina Archers

Doji Elite Guard

Doji's Fan

Civis

Post deleted for being a duplicate.
    Last edited by Xagamon; November 12, 2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Duplicate post.

<br>I am going to miss Spider Clan =/<br><br>Just salivating thinking on seeing Mirumoto Duelists slashing Cranes away with their dual wield. *-* And Mantis kuma wielders, also.<br>The Crab aren`t a clan I am very fond of, but those units are nice, I almost want to play as one with that, almost.<br>Oh, I have been waiting so long for a L5R Mod, great initiative, keep up.<br><br>

Indefinitely Banned

This is really cool! Was it hard for you to design those units?

Civis

The Japanese looking models were imported with unanime's permission from his mod "Eras Total Conquest". All I did was change them as I saw needed. There will be a list of basic samurai units in addition to the specialized types. For the weapons I either imported, made from scratch, or used vanilla. The tetsubo I made from scratch (which is why it doesnt look so good), for example.

I would like these to be redone as I think they can all look better; with my modding skill the best I can do is make weapons and color. As a result, each unit will look in many ways similar. It would be cool if I could make the scorpion units look for scorpion like, crab look more true to crab clan, etc. Instead of just palette swapping, you know what I mean?

Civis

Starting Line-up: Dragon

Alchemist Shugenja

Dragon's Wind

Mirumoto Talons

Mirumoto Elite Guard

Civis

Starting Lineup: Lion

Anyone have an idea about good effective water based magic? Or ancestor magic?

Lion Wardens

Deathseeker Berserkers

Lion's Pride

Akodo Elite Guard

Civis

Starting Lineup: Mantis

Moshi Shugenja

Tsuruchi Archers

Mantis Marines

Sons of Kaimetsu-uo

Guardians of the Sun

Mantis Elite Guard

Civis

Starting Lineup: Phoenix

Shugenja - The Phoenix will have a wide variety of shugenja (once I figure out how to weaponize air, water, and void).

Legion of Flame

Shiba Elite Guard

Order of Chikai
    - Pretty much use the same model, but just wanted to show off the horse.

What about tweaking fire effects or something?

I forgot to mention in my previous post that you should check out Hyrule Total War, they made some pretty amazing magic effects with the M2 engine. They also have monsters and things including new animations (Think Shadowlands).

Civis

Hello Captain_Deckard. Yes I am fully aware of and admire Hyrule Total War. The Wizzrobes really have some neat magical effects. I downloaded the mod because I am a big fan of the work and to examine the magical effects. I would rather not flat out copy the magic effects from HTW; I don't think UndyingNephalim would appreciate that. Also, the challenge is L5R magic isn't always offensive. What I would like to try is a shugenja unit that can have something similar to a "Hero ability" from the Crusades campaign. Air magic is heavily about illusions, so maybe the Soshi shungenja could use the "Byzantine Politics" effect and cause the enemy army to become confused and stop moving at a sensitive moment.

Just a thought. There's always the ability to simply tweak gunpowder attacks to something that resembles magic (there won't be any gunpowder units anyway, so might as well tweak those).

Yeah I was just coming here to post about tweaking the explosions to make it look supernatural. You also need to consider that magic might need to simply be a stat modification of a regular unit. It wouldn't show up in battle visually, but role-playing wise it would. And like you said, use morale type weapons.

Civis

Starting Lineup: Scorpion

Kaisatsukan - the younger wing of the Thunder Guard

Shadow Blades

I doubt you can see it, but they are about to throw ninja stars. Afterwards, they draw their blades and go for a hack n slash.

Scorpion Claws - with poison sai instead of blades and stars.

Bayushi Elite Guard

Civis

Starting Lineup: Unicorn, likely the only faction that will have shields of any kind.

Otaku Spearmen

Battle Maidens

Moto White Guard

Iuchi Horse Lord

Shinjo Elite Guard

Civis

Well for now that is all there will be. More units will be added later, but for now I would like to get these to look better (not so pixelated). If anyone is better at skins than I am and has free time I would absolutely appreciate the help; you can be a team member! Also, right now I'm focusing on how to possibly make the battlefield settlements Asian style.

After that, most focus will go to tweaking special effects for magic units.

If anyone has ideas or better, ways to contribute, just say the word.

For Rokugan!

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Just a hi! I'm old fan of the CCG (the RPG is good too).

I was thinking that hidding would be forbidden for many units, honor wise..
    like maybe only the Daïdoji (and only their Harriers?) should be allowed to hide in the Crane clan army.

Maybe the Crane Asahina are the archers shooting the farther (helped by Wind spirits), but the Mantis should be the more precise and deadly.
    Last edited by Vifarc; June 01, 2016 at 08:59 AM.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Civis

Hello Vifarc. Yes of course, Akodo Elite Guard, Lion's Pride, Deathseekers, and Damned refuse to hide on the battlefield. The first two because it is without honor, the second two because they are trying to die. Also, in regards to the second two, they also will not withdraw from the battlefield, so no matter what happens they are dead at the end.

The Asahina archers will have the best range out of all archer units. Not my idea, it is in the canon. But the Mantis archers will have faster rate and higher damage.

Im putting the settlements on hold for now, because I may change the whole lay out later on. Right now I will experiment with mechanics to see what kind of effects I can do that would look magical.

Civis

Just giving a quick update to show Im still alive. Right now adding additional units to existing factions and doing play tests to the campaign. Even giving a few starting units an cosmetic overhaul. New images soon!

I'm even considering starting a YouTube channel to broadcast progress.

Civis

First video from my new YouTube channel. No battle action yet, but next time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast