Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms of the Scots - Old Developer Diary (Commenced 21/09/12)

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: The Kingdoms of the Isles - Developer Diary every Friday (Commencing 21/09/12)

Usually it's as simple as unit ownership not matching the modelsdb? The most annoying was when i did a unit that was a merc, had the modelsdb correct but never put the merc tag in the EDU so they came up as silver surfers Took ages to find the problem.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: The Kingdoms of the Isles - Developer Diary every Friday (Commencing 21/09/12)

Thanks Smoesville, that's exactly what it was REP+

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

No worries
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Patrician

Just a minor update to the 3rd dev diary, the MacRuairi should be allied to the Scottish Faction, not against.

The Faction skins will be up this week for the Dev diary on Friday. These won't show the final product, but will show works in progress. So what we'll see are 4 faction Previews for:

1. MacRuairi
    2. MacSween
    3. MacNeil
    4. Maclean
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; October 07, 2012 at 09:28 PM.

Nice progress, TBR ! It's great to see those different coloured tartans belonging to the clans.

- also, you wrote: 'Then we have the Maclean models below; heir, captain ,chieftan and general' => Can you explain the difference between them ? I can only see varying hair colours

Patrician

Hey Celtoi, that's pretty much the only changes at the moment, as these are first run textures and I experimented today with the highland skins. From now on the captains will be the first level highlander without armour, then generals will have padded armour and he heir and chieftan will have chainmail, just as the battle skins.

Patrician

I've uploaded Developer Diary 4.

WOW ! !
    This DevDiary 4 holds excellent information and a unique approach to the recruiting system..........I love it !
    Keep that up & maybe it's also a good idea to put a link at TWCenter's News mainpage ?
    Say, after each 5 DevDiaries, to inform the modfans your KOTS / KOTI is on the way up again and reaching for "new heights" !?!
    Cheers (+rep.)

What's the motto for clan MacDuff?

Patrician

Celtoi, thank you, I've started heavy coding on my mod this week implementing the recruitment, plus I'm working with dmcraanen on the High Road. And you're right, I need to get some more interest generated by the news page, but alas my photoshop/2d skills are functional and necessary, rather than being inspirational and dazzling

I have been trying to fly under the radar at present, but I do need to find others with talent to take this mod to the next level especially in 2d artwork, because as we all know making a mod by yourself is time consuming, especially when your talent pool is not as deep as others

What's the motto for clan MacDuff?
    At the moment the MacDuffs only appear as a rebel faction in Moray I think from memory.
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; October 15, 2012 at 08:33 PM.

Patrician

Apologies to everyone who pops in today expecting Developer Diary 5, but I have spent my entire (modding) week coding the recruitment discussed last week and as such there is not a great deal to see. However, on Sunday I'll update this with Dev diary 5 which will preview the clans Campbell and MacDougall.

Patrician

Hey everyone, dev diary 5 has been uploaded.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

its looking great , i can see me having long campaigns on this one.

Patrician

Thanks Granto. They'll be even longer when I replace this first map with one double the size.

BTW everyone, I've just added Dev Diary 6.

This looks awesome, very nice. I have a little question: Will you allow submods like they have in Third Age: Total War. It would have been great to have a kind of Braveheart-campaign of the The First War of Scottish Independence 1295-1305 also.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Bodvar Bjarke View Post
    This looks awesome, very nice. I have a little question: Will you allow submods like they have in Third Age: Total War. It would have been great to have a kind of Braveheart-campaign of the The First War of Scottish Independence 1295-1305 also.
    Yes, that is actually the plan, I'm very eager to have others help in a submod creation, or even on the mod itself at the moment. If others come onto the project there is a plan for either or both a larger map twice the size of the current one, and or create a map for the Braveheart campaign which would feature a map of Scotland down to York. This would be similar to the map that the High Road mod is using.
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; October 27, 2012 at 09:18 PM.

Thanks! I am looking forward to it. I will also check out The High Road mod.

Highland Kelt's Avatar Libertus

Looking good, looking gooooooood....
    Thanks for doing the diaries, so we can all see how its progressing.
    As you can tell from my name, this is the mod I have been waiting for!
    ...This is my Island...

Patrician

Thanks Bodvar and highland Kelt, I am desperately looking to share the workload, so if anyone has spare time for historical research or anything else that would be great.

I have just uploaded Dev Diary 7

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

majik dancer

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast