Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: LME4 Feedback and bug reporting thread

Default Re: LME4 Feedback and bug reporting thread

hey Iutland is there any chance of possibly recreating earlier campaigns like maybe 7 years war in europe for this mod? i would marry you
    Signature Removed - Read this.

-TWC moderation Staff

mennelik's Avatar Civis

in sea battles the smoke is a bit to much, also is there a way to get rid of the tracers?

Is it me, or frigates are too slow in compare to ships of the line? They can barely outrun ships of the line

Sweden 1805 Campaign

In Stockholm

I've upgraded to a drill school and the standard line infantry, jagers, and other basic units are still only recruit-able at without any chevrons instead of 2. The information displayed for the Drill school says they should recruit with 2 chevrons.

Haven't readily found an answer after a few quick searches.

odd problem

playing as Belgium

cant declare war on Holland or Westphalia?

Could anyone of experience please verify how the AOR system works. The info from the sticky just got me confused. I thought every area would have it own specific units to build when u conquered it. IT seems if you conquer an area they can only make milita?

If I'm playing as Sweden and want to conquer the whole world. THE only place i can recruit anything except militia and 7lb Howitzers would be Stockholm and Finland. Since they are my starting areas I can recruit those types of special units.

I have conquered Denmark and Norway, The only units I can recruit at their cities is Militia and Howitzers. Denmark has a drill school but since I conquered it the only option it can recruit for me again are Howitzers and Militia. So I should just change this building to a magistrate or opera house because I can recruit the same militia regardless of the drill school.

So if my next move is to conquer berlin, I can expect the only units they will be able to train for me is milita and howitzers ( NOT any special german units?)

Basically ANY unit you want in your army you must train at your CAPITAL or starting areas for the entire game.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Irfzero View Post
    Could anyone of experience please verify how the AOR system works. The info from the sticky just got me confused. I thought every area would have it own specific units to build when u conquered it. IT seems if you conquer an area they can only make milita?

If I'm playing as Sweden and want to conquer the whole world. THE only place i can recruit anything except militia and 7lb Howitzers would be Stockholm and Finland. Since they are my starting areas I can recruit those types of special units.

I have conquered Denmark and Norway, The only units I can recruit at their cities is Militia and Howitzers. Denmark has a drill school but since I conquered it the only option it can recruit for me again are Howitzers and Militia. So I should just change this building to a magistrate or opera house because I can recruit the same militia regardless of the drill school.

So if my next move is to conquer berlin, I can expect the only units they will be able to train for me is milita and howitzers ( NOT any special german units?)

Basically ANY unit you want in your army you must train at your CAPITAL or starting areas for the entire game.

Thanks!
    yup

I believe France benefits from the AoR the most though (or at all really) since they are the ones who get access to special units in just about most territories

finland no, you have to build your armies in the homeland and ship them to the front!

it seems like a pain but think of it this way, could you really call it a swedish army if the men wherent recruited in sweden

Mayor's Avatar Tiro

You are right Irfzero, you can only recruit troops from your home country, and only militia and artillery (if there is the proper the proper building) in conquered cities. If you think about it is very realistic and challenging. Regards.

THanks! I wasnt expecting that when i started but i like the pace of LME. Now I know to plan on a supply chain.

I have played LME 3 as Denmark and I think it is a great game. Now I will try LME 4. Great work with LME I love it

But what I don't understand is why is there only copenhagen in denmark, should there not be more cities and what about sweden only stockholm. I miss the danish/swedish fight about skaane and why does sweden not have a shipyard in stockholm and why does denmark not have one in copenhagen ?

Is it impossible to change that in the game ?

I still think LME is a very great game

Quote Originally Posted by lordhedgwich View Post
    hey Iutland is there any chance of possibly recreating earlier campaigns like maybe 7 years war in europe for this mod? i would marry you
    It is possible, but I will not devote my time doing it.

PS. I'm already married

Quote Originally Posted by Irfzero View Post
    Sweden 1805 Campaign

In Stockholm

I've upgraded to a drill school and the standard line infantry, jagers, and other basic units are still only recruit-able at without any chevrons instead of 2. The information displayed for the Drill school says they should recruit with 2 chevrons.

Haven't readily found an answer after a few quick searches.
    Noted. Will take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by BazzBrother View Post
    odd problem

playing as Belgium

cant declare war on Holland or Westphalia?
    Noted. Will take a look at it. Is it 1813, 1815 or both?

Quote Originally Posted by pomse View Post
    I have played LME 3 as Denmark and I think it is a great game. Now I will try LME 4. Great work with LME I love it

But what I don't understand is why is there only copenhagen in denmark, should there not be more cities and what about sweden only stockholm. I miss the danish/swedish fight about skaane and why does sweden not have a shipyard in stockholm and why does denmark not have one in copenhagen ?

Is it impossible to change that in the game ?

I still think LME is a very great game
    Thank you Other NTW Map cities could perhaps be added but I have never considered it worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by mennelik View Post
    in sea battles the smoke is a bit to much, also is there a way to get rid of the tracers?
    Use vanilla smoke effects and I know there is a "remove tracers" mod in this forum that should be placed above LME entries in the user script. I don't know if it is compatible??

Hi Iutland, great to know it can be done. Hope you will do it in the future. Sweden is a to big territory. It could be cool if we had Skaane as a territory they can fight about.
    I was wondering why is there a danish 74 gun ship that cost more than 3000 and a lot other danish 74 gun ships that look the same as that ship that only cost nearly 2000 ?

I would say the enemy is better in LME 4 and you get more resistance from the computer, some times I thought LME 3 was to easy even as denmark it was easy to capture all cities and destroy all nations.

Hi Iutland, great to know it can be done. Hope you will do it in the future. Sweden is a to big territory. It could be cool if we had Skaane as a territory they can fight about.
    I was wondering why is there a danish 74 gun ship that cost more than 3000 and a lot other danish 74 gun ships that look the same as that ship that only cost nearly 2000 ?

I would say the enemy is better in LME 4 and you get more resistance from the computer, some times I thought LME 3 was to easy even as denmark it was easy to capture all cities and destroy all nations.
    Good to hear :-)

The 74 gun ship costing 2000 is probably a unique ship marked by a Danish flag? The unique ships cost less and can be recruited quicker than ordinary ships.
    Ships with weaker armament also cost less than the ones with heavier armament ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what is the difference between the ship Odin and Norske Løve ? Everything seems to be the same also the armament, hull etc. etc.

I am playing Denmark 1792 turn 39 and the game crash all the time when the dutch have there turn ?

I have also had 2 navel battles with the swedish navy where the battle freeze, I then played both battles again and it worked the next time without freezing the game.

Speaking of the Dutch problem I STILL cannot play after turn 35 of the French Republic in the 1792 campaign as it crashes on their turn, and, if the Dutch have been defeated, on the Prussians' turn during turn 35.

I wish I knew what was causing it, LME is the ONLY mod I have installed.

So what is the difference between the ship Odin and Norske Løve ? Everything seems to be the same also the armament, hull etc. etc.

I am playing Denmark 1792 turn 39 and the game crash all the time when the dutch have there turn ?

I have also had 2 navel battles with the swedish navy where the battle freeze, I then played both battles again and it worked the next time without freezing the game.
    Both ships have identical armament etc. the cost diff. is 8, so I don't know what your point is??

Thanks for the note regarding Netherlands!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_007 View Post
    Speaking of the Dutch problem I STILL cannot play after turn 35 of the French Republic in the 1792 campaign as it crashes on their turn, and, if the Dutch have been defeated, on the Prussians' turn during turn 35.

I wish I knew what was causing it, LME is the ONLY mod I have installed.
    Thank you for the note, what faction are you playing (French Republic?)?

Hi again I have tried to take some pictures of both ships, here they are more cheaper because I have done all researches, what I do not understand only the price is the difference. It take the same time to build them and they can do the same things. So why is one ship more expensive than the other one ? is it an error or should it be like that ?

Sorry about the links I could not get the pictures to work in the post.

http://img157.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_156lo.jpg

http://img266.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_559lo.jpg

Yes, the French Republic for 4.1.

As I've not played the 1796 or any of the later campaigns, are there any CTD issues with these?

It would mean being able to play those with relative confidence...

hi there iam having a problem when restoring to vanilla game it says it has restored but when i start napoleon it crashes on the splash screen . i have edited the user script so it has no LME boot options selected but still it crashes any ideas on how to fix, that dosent invlove redownloaing the game. ( i also tryed verifying the game cache but still no luck. I would like to restore vanilla for multiplayer but i like LME campaigns.