Thread: Alone against the world - suggestion?

Default Alone against the world - suggestion?

Hi all,

i'm playing a Shimazu campaign. I managed to conquer all of Kyushu, but unfortunetly ALL the other clan have swore aligience to the Shogun.
    I'm trying to focus on defence, not conquering anything, since if I hit real divide I'm dead (I'm planning to follow history and restor power to the emperor). I'm also spamming Hishin hishi and trying to convert the other clan, but without success so far, any idea on how to convert them effectively? The small clans are gone and there are only major clan with at least 4-5 provinces each.

Thanks for any help.
    Teutonic Hochmeister skin bug on campaign map fixed --> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127010

Default Re: Alone against the world - suggestion?

Incite revolts like crazy, use other agents to help with this by distracting garrisons and sabotaging armies. Once you've got rebels in control of a large portion of the country (this could take awhile), attack the nearest rebels and start creating vassals. Vassal will spawn supporting your faction and will be helpful in the coming fight. Try to keep a low-upkeep fleet raiding the French and British trade routes, you may get a fair bit of money.