Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Default Re: DA3 Announced

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyD View Post
    I didn't bother playing DA2 but I'm hopeful they learned some lessons from it and strive to do better than DA:Origins. Does anyone know if Bioware is just doing sequels or have they announced something new?
    Right now i would be happy if they present us with a better game then da2. Asking for better then origins, its probably too much to ask. Not that i wouldnt want it, but i dont have my expectations that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Right now i would be happy if they present us with a better game then da2. Asking for better then origins, its probably too much to ask. Not that i wouldnt want it, but i dont have my expectations that high.
    Haha, glad to see Origins gets plenty of love. Bioware totally has the ability to do better than Origins if given enough time and money. Though it may be wiser as you say to not get my expectations too high.

Comes Domesticorum

Looks like there might be a DA3 announcement coming tomorrow at EA's E3 event.

Should be interesting, since I've randomly decided to start playing DAO the past few days.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It's a few hours from now.
    I'm skeptical but I'm still gonna check out what they got.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Comes Domesticorum

Trailer was just shown at E3, can't find it on YouTube yet, but it looks like some sort of Darkspawn from the sky invasion...or maybe the Burning Legion. Morrigan narrated the trailer.

hurr u go

Last edited by Stavroforos; June 10, 2013 at 03:37 PM.

Some sort of world catastrophe.

Edit: Here be trailer

Last edited by Cyrus the Virus; June 10, 2013 at 03:45 PM.

Resistance is futile™

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    or maybe the Burning Legion.
    Definitely got that Warcraft III Intro vibe as well.

Comes Domesticorum

Kind-of disappointing to be honest, I almost wanted it to be some sort of heaven vs. hell fight, assaulting the Black City or something

I think a Templars vs Mages world war would've been enough to completely wreck everything, but apparently, EA/Bioware have to crank it up to over 9000!!! with a full-on breach of dimensions or something just to get some attention. On that scale, we'll probably end up with the usual "Spread love and cookies so everyone helps you fight the big bad invasion" plot again.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

The monsters look cool, though. AND LOOK AT DOSE QUNARI.

...QUNARI.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    I think a Templars vs Mages world war would've been enough to completely wreck everything, but apparently, EA/Bioware have to crank it up to over 9000!!! with a full-on breach of dimensions or something just to get some attention. On that scale, we'll probably end up with the usual "Spread love and cookies so everyone helps you fight the big bad invasion" plot again.
    "It has been centuries since the last Blight, and the Empire of Orlais stands at a crossroads, with factions vying for power. The Grey Wardens, once an immensely respected order, is on the brink of extinction, and the Orlesian lords increasingly look to finally stamp out the order. However, the ancient enemy has arisen again, and you must travel to Val Royeux to find ancient treaties binding the powers of Orlais to aid the Wardens. As you struggle to gain support, you will make new friends, powerful enemies, and create relationships that will change the future of all life."

Never heard of such a story! That's a completely new, masterfully-done piece of innovation!

I just wish we had gotten more info about it. They went on and on about the ball physics for the stupid NBA game, but nothing on the gameplay mechanics of DA3.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I'm sure we'll see new boob physics for Morrigan/Flemeth/Isabella.

:'(

Comes Domesticorum

I don't mind new boob animations, so long as the boobs are of varying and realistic sizes.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

Never heard of such a story! That's a completely new, masterfully-done piece of innovation!
    If it's DA:O in Frostbite 3 I don't care. Anything is better than DA:2.

Definitely got that Warcraft III Intro vibe as well.
    The intro is basically the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneckie View Post
    If it's DA:O in Frostbite 3 I don't care. Anything is better than DA:2.
    Hopefully a lot better. Meh, I can't affect it anyway.

Resistance is futile™

Oh my god why do they insist on changing the racial designs again? Seriously. It's getting absurd at this point.

Also yeah, so basically nothing you did in either of the previous two games means jack crap and the only purpose of porting a save (if you even can) would be to marginally change the dialogue and maybe add a side-quest or two.

Yep. Nothing different. Fully expect it to be crap on a bun.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

Quote Originally Posted by frozenprince View Post
    Oh my god why do they insist on changing the racial designs again? Seriously. It's getting absurd at this point.

Also yeah, so basically nothing you did in either of the previous two games means jack crap and the only purpose of porting a save (if you even can) would be to marginally change the dialogue and maybe add a side-quest or two.

Yep. Nothing different. Fully expect it to be crap on a bun.
    What do they change? the qunari seems the same to me to da2 that is. It would be odd for them to revert back to origins designs as much i want it to.
    I wouldnt mind the more raw dark enviroment of origins though.

Well, my theory is that what happens in that cutscene is that The Veil is (partially?) torn apart, which means there's now a direct connection between the physical world and the Fade. The monsters dropping from the sky would then be Demons, instead of Darkspawn, or a combination of Demons and Darkspawn together. Might also be that some stuff from the Black City itself is spilling through. In any case, I didn't see any real style changes, either, if this theory of mine is true.

If those monsters really are new Darkspawn in the end, they're at least looking way better than those weird BDSM fetishist albinos from DA2.