Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Default Re: DA3 Announced

so intelligent games are bad?

Good thing that something like that is nowhere near necessary even for more complex RPGs.

I wonder if we'll be able to customize our weapons with red dot sights, and flash lights and stuff.. Though considering the target audience, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by vinh834 View Post
    THe engine is moddable it just "hurts" sales to give mod support.
    Ah interesting point.
    Dragon Age 1 benefited greatly from the mods, don't know about Dragon Age 2 since no mod can't fix that godawful game.
    But it's pretty safe to say that modding in DA3 will be very difficult and probably non-existant.

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

A shame really, if you look on Bioware Social and the DA Nexus there's mods that add entirely brand new modules to Origins with VA, new maps and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by TB666 View Post
    Ah interesting point.
    Dragon Age 1 benefited greatly from the mods, don't know about Dragon Age 2 since no mod can't fix that godawful game.
    But it's pretty safe to say that modding in DA3 will be very difficult and probably non-existant.

There's a lot less modding out there for DA2. I don't think Bioware ever released tools like they did with Origins. The mods that are out there do help with some of the flaws of DA2, but I haven't found one that fixes the glaring issue that is the combat.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    I want to play a game, not create mathematical formulas and spreadsheets.
    You don't have to do that. Hell I've never done that.

Comes Domesticorum

I was exaggerating for the sake of argument. I just dislike numbered stats. Would be easier to simply have them in a graphical representation, like in ME3 gear selection.

Haven't played ME3 so I wouldn't know what you mean there.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That's what was referred to. Every character in ME3 has a set of skills depending on the character class. Every skill has six levels you can upgrade to with skill points, and every level past 3 has two variants per level you have to choose from. The last two skills in that list ("Combat Mastery" and "Fitness") are the closest you get to the conventional stats system, because these skills are generally improving the basics like health, shields, carrying capacity etc. That's all there is - what characters are or aren't capable of and how powerful they are in ME3 is exclusively handled through this system.
    Last edited by Tankfriend; September 20, 2012 at 05:27 PM.

Multiplayer confirmed, why, I have no idea. It can see how it works, and indeed, it did work relativly well with ME:3, but with Dragon Age? What the hell are they going to do with it that isn't just conventional deathmatch? What's the point of having multiplayer that's not just Co-op in an RPG anyway?

Also TB666, in the Walking Dead games by Telltale, you actually pick the dialogue options your character says, and he says exactly that.

Edit: One positive though, it's not on an 18 month (so really 13 month then 5 months of bug testing) dev schedule. And Biowares TRYING, I don't know about implementing, to go back to listening to their fans and taking their input into consideration.
    Last edited by frozenprince; September 20, 2012 at 06:28 PM.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That's what was referred to. Every character in ME3 has a set of skills depending on the character class. Every skill has six levels you can upgrade to with skill points, and every level past 3 has two variants per level you have to choose from. The last two skills in that list ("Combat Mastery" and "Fitness") are the closest you get to the conventional stats system, because these skills are generally improving the basics like health, shields, carrying capacity etc. That's all there is - what characters are or aren't capable of and how powerful they are in ME3 is exclusively handled through this system.
    Actually I was referring to the stats you get from armor, not the stats from the level and talent progression. While I liked the simplified ME3 system, I have no problem with a more complex system, though again when all the talents start having % signs and decimal points, and talking about all sorts of game mechanics, it's gone into stupid area for me.
    Last edited by Stavroforos; September 20, 2012 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TB666 View Post
    Hell no, keep the main character mute.
    The more open they leave the main character, the better he is and that includes the voice.
    Besides, I haven't seen a single game where the main character is voiced and what he says actually matches the choice you picked. Not a single one. Not even Witcher 2.
    The nice about DA:O and other RPGs like it was that your character did say what it was written. He/she said it because you were the one doing the voice for it.

Anyway, Bioware can forget about any hype for this game, even if it uses frostbyte 2 it still got a high chance of sucking considering Bioware's record lately.
    Surely, there can be some kind of middle ground though. I agree whats said is often times not what I wanted to happen, but at the same time I've never been a fan of mute characters. I remember playing the Star Wars ep. 1 game as a kid that displayed all the dialogue that would be played if you picked it. Sure it was a bit redundant but it still worked for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the name is a terrible cliche?

Inquisition? lolwut
    I do too. But then I think the whole series is a terrible cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Actually I was referring to the stats you get from armor, not the stats from the level and talent progression. While I liked the simplified ME3 system, I have no problem with a more complex system, though again when all the talents start having % signs and decimal points, and talking about all sorts of game mechanics, it's gone into stupid area for me.
    The stats from armour I left out because they're not too much different from getting magical/improved/special whatever items in any other RPG game. Also, they don't have enough actual impact to meaningfully change your playing style, imo. Same goes for almost all parts in weapons customization except for armour/cover penetration (flanking/maneuvering is far less important this way) and recoil compensator parts (huge difference in effective combat distance in some weapons).

So...who wants to bet that there's some sort of multiplayer system like Demon/Dark Souls, and you can buy premium items with Bioware Points?
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenprince View Post
    Multiplayer confirmed, why, I have no idea. It can see how it works, and indeed, it did work relativly well with ME:3, but with Dragon Age? What the hell are they going to do with it that isn't just conventional deathmatch? What's the point of having multiplayer that's not just Co-op in an RPG anyway?
    The only multiplayer possible that wouldn't be terrible would be to make it just like Neverwinter Nights and have a usable open toolkit. But that won't happen since letting modders do it for free isn't going to get you any more money (well, it would in terms of games sales, but EA won't think like that).
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

IF I have to suffer DA2 to get the full experience in 3 I'm not getting it....

I'll just watch it on youtube...

DA2 was an abomination, I will not reinstall that trash(IMO) and replay it

I know I shall not be getting it first day

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    IF I have to suffer DA2 to get the full experience in 3 I'm not getting it....

I'll just watch it on youtube...

DA2 was an abomination, I will not reinstall that trash(IMO) and replay it

I know I shall not be getting it first day
    I don't think it matters (for DA3) if you played DA2 or not. There weren't any decisions in DA2 that changed the story in any meaningful way.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice, can't wait for some more info. Hopefully it takes some pages out of out the book of Skyrim and stuff like that and evolves into something really good.