Thread: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: DA3 Announced

Yeah, I hope they change the 'spawn.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    Well, my theory is that what happens in that cutscene is that The Veil is (partially?) torn apart, which means there's now a direct connection between the physical world and the Fade. The monsters dropping from the sky would then be Demons, instead of Darkspawn, or a combination of Demons and Darkspawn together. Might also be that some stuff from the Black City itself is spilling through. In any case, I didn't see any real style changes, either, if this theory of mine is true.

If those monsters really are new Darkspawn in the end, they're at least looking way better than those weird BDSM fetishist albinos from DA2.
    Aye, this is what I think it is too. With the mage uprising and so many mages potentially tapping into blood magic and encountering demons, it makes sense that something on this scale could happen. I mean, a little kid accidentally opened the Fade and Redcliffe was almost destroyed, lol.

If it is going to be anything like DA2 and not DA1 then it is going to be ****, I loved DA1, but DA2 was ****ing horrendous, it felt horrible to play, really horrible.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Leesin View Post
    If it is going to be anything like DA2 and not DA1 then it is going to be ****, I loved DA1, but DA2 was ****ing horrendous, it felt horrible to play, really horrible.
    I really struggled to finish the sequel, it felt so forced and empty in various aspects.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Does anyone know if the castle in the teaser and the battle taking place in it has to do anything with the ending of the Asunder book? I wonder if it's the confrontation of templars and magi.

BTW, they got a little carried away showing the witch in Morrigan, didn't they? Did they really have to make her ugly? I'm just kidding though, but I still think that she was way sexier back in DAO.

I think a Templars vs Mages world war would've been enough to completely wreck everything, but apparently, EA/Bioware have to crank it up to
    over 9000!!! with a full-on breach of dimensions or something just to get some attention. On that scale, we'll probably end up with the usual "Spread love and cookies so everyone helps you fight the big bad invasion" plot again.
    I wouldn't go as far as to say that the mage-templar war wrecked everything. It was just as shocking for me too to see that gloomy atmosphere of Origins replaced by that of DA2's which weren't nearly as good, but in the end the results weren't as bad as I first expected. Blight, is rather a small phenomenon of the vast world—Thedas—they're creating and looking at the way they ended the story of DAO, they hadn't had left much room for another darkspawn-heavy story anytime soon. The DA2 story, while regarding it alone may not seem much to sink your teeth into, helped set the backgrounds for a gigantic turn in the history of Thedas, which, if used properly, has the potential of turning out as something just as great again IMO, maybe even as much as to outshine that of Origins.
    Last edited by R-teen; June 12, 2013 at 08:10 PM.

SorelusImperion's Avatar Vicarius

So the war allows Demons from the fade to enter Thedas and a "Dragon" is amongst them. To me it seems the Darkspawn are likely to play a role in this one way or another.
    Frederick II of Prussia: "All Religions are equal and good, if only the people that practice them are honest people; and if Turks and heathens came and wanted to live here in this country, we would build them mosques and churches."
    Norge: "Give me a break. Nothing would make you happier than to see the eagle replaced with a crescent."

Ummon:"enforcing international law will require that the enforcers do not respect it"
    Olmstead v USA:"Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. To declare that in the administration of the criminal law the end justifies the means-to declare that the government may commit crimes in order to secure the conviction of a private criminal-would bring terrible retribution. Against that pernicious doctrine this court should resolutely set its face."

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who can't defend themselfs.
    When you stand before god you can not say "I was told by others to do this" or that virtue was not convenient at the time

Please don't be like Dragon Age 2.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by R-teen View Post
    Does anyone know if the castle in the teaser and the battle taking place in it has to do anything with the ending of the Asunder book? I wonder if it's the confrontation of templars and magi.

BTW, they got a little carried away showing the witch in Morrigan, didn't they? Did they really have to make her ugly? I'm just kidding though, but I still think that she was way sexier back in DAO.

[FONT=Verdana]

I wouldn't go as far as to say that the mage-templar war wrecked everything. It was just as shocking for me too to see that gloomy atmosphere of Origins replaced by that of DA2's which weren't nearly as good, but in the end the results weren't as bad as I first expected. Blight, is rather a small phenomenon of the vast world—Thedas—they're creating and looking at the way they ended the story of DAO, they hadn't had left much room for another darkspawn-heavy story anytime soon. The DA2 story, while regarding it alone may not seem much to sink your teeth into, helped set the backgrounds for a gigantic turn in the history of Thedas, which, if used properly, has the potential of turning out as something just as great again IMO, maybe even as much as to outshine that of Origins.
    I didn't find Morrigan to be that attractive in DAO in vanilla, but the modded version of her and Leliana were smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by SorelusImperion View Post
    So the war allows Demons from the fade to enter Thedas and a "Dragon" is amongst them. To me it seems the Darkspawn are likely to play a role in this one way or another.
    Well, if that dragon turns out to be an Archdemon (or if it gets tainted by Darkspawn at some point to become one), chances are it will take control of the Darkspawn and get them to rush for another Blight to add to that demonic invasion.

Comes Domesticorum

Or maybe the Golden City was indeed Black from the beginning, and the Maker is the original Archdemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Or maybe the Golden City was indeed Black from the beginning, and the Maker is the original Archdemon.
    That badass looking guy in Legacy—Corypheus it was, if I recall correctly—kind of admits that he was one of the magistrates who tainted the Golden City when you reach him, so I guess that's kaput. Would be nice to see the Maker as a dragon though.

—Edit. It seems I'm wrong. He just expresses his surprise as to why it wasn't golden, but black instead. I thought he mentioned something about corrupting it. My bad.
    Last edited by R-teen; June 15, 2013 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Age Wiki
    In Legacy, the ramblings of Corypheus, one of the original magisters who entered the Golden City, implied that either the city wasn't gold when they entered and was always black, or that it became black the instant he and the other magisters entered the Golden City.
    http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Golden_City
    Take your pick - either the City was always black and evil (in which case it's this), or the Chantry is right to some measure and it really got tainted by the magisters.
    I kind of get the feeling that it was the former and everything is kind of an evil master plan of those ancient dragons / dragon gods / archdemons, though. Think about it:
    - The dragon gods were the ones who got the Magisters to break into the "Golden City" and unleash the Taint
    - The same dragon gods are in charge of the Darkspawn as Archdemons
    - When we get that supposed rift in The Veil in that trailer, a dragon conveniently shows up in a prominent position alongside some surreal demon-like monsters; again the leader?
    Last edited by Tankfriend; June 15, 2013 at 01:36 PM.

Content Emeritus

I haven't played the Corypheus DLC. Can anyone give me a quick summary?

The Golden City being black would be awesome, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlοė View Post
    I haven't played the Corypheus DLC. Can anyone give me a quick summary?

The Golden City being black would be awesome, really.
    It starts as you enter Vimmark Mountains to find out why your family has been under attack from a certain group of assassins, as you are led to believe that their hideout is somewhere in those mountains. There are possessed dwarves everywhere who, upon seeing you, act like crazy to kill you for their master—whom you don't know yet. As you go further in the mountains you enter an ancient Grey Warden prison, which is empty, save for the same possessed dwarves and shades and demons here and there. You encounter a Grey Warden along the way, who, being past the time of his calling, has became a ghoul, but IIRC from his mutterings you understand, that those dwarves are possessed by a very powerful darkspawn, Corypheus, who has that 'calling' effect on anyone bearing the taint. You further understand that it was your father, Malcolm Hawke, who had helped the Wardens to imprison him there using blood magic, and thus the reason that Corypheus is hunting those of the same blood, that being and you and Bethany/Carver.

However, again IIRC, those seals that Hawke had put on him had to be reinforced after a while, which hadn't been, and that was the reason of the recent activity by Corypheus. Even though he was still imprisoned—bound to sleep—atop the tower of the prison, he called and possessed those tainted nevertheless as a result of the weakening seals. Anyhow, you encounter and awaken him, in the hopes of defeating him and putting an end to his mischief. Upon which, he starts to ramble as a result of the long years he's been asleep, thinking that he is still a magistrate living in Tevinter. From his ramblings you understand that he has been a powerful magistrate of the Ancient Tevinter, and among those who first entered the Golden City. If Anders in party, in spite of being the skeptist he is regarding Chantry, he comes to believe that Corypheus was truly one of those magistrates, and will express his surprise that the Chantry was right after all about the mages corrupting the golden city.

This is a portion of Corypheus' babbling upon waking up, taken from here:

Quote Originally Posted by dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/corypheus
    • "Be this some dream I wake from? Am I in dwarven lands? Why seem their roads so empty?"
    • "You! Serve you at the temple of Dumat? Bring me hence! I must speak with the first acolyte!"
    • "You look human. Are you not citizens of the Empire? Slaves then, to the dwarves? Why come you here?"
    • "Whoever you be, you owe fealty to any magister of Tevinter. On your knees! All of you!"
    • "Dumat! Lord! Tell me. What waking dream is this?"
    • "The light. We sought the golden light. You offered... the power of the gods themselves. But it was... black... corrupt. Darkness... ever since. How long?"
    Dumat being the Old God/Archdemon he had worshiped.

At any rate, you defeat Corypheus and take your leave from the prison. It escaped my own notice, but it is written on the same wiki page that upon dying, it is implied that Corypheus' soul may have occupied the body of the corrupted Grey Warden accompanying you, and thus surviving his death.
    Last edited by R-teen; June 16, 2013 at 05:42 AM.

Daimon's Avatar Miles

And here the scene from legacy in youtubeform: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziicA3hoW84

Comes Domesticorum

Who the **** responds with the stupid comedy choice in covnersation? God...DA2's biggest failure.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

The comedic lines were often the least stupid ones.

In regards to DA 3, from what has been revealed so far, my guess is that it will be a combination of DAO and Dragon Fail 2; sort of like how ME 3 was a combination between ME 1 and the bad game.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Comes Domesticorum

What? No, the comedic lines were stupid. Like, badly written, poorly vocalized, and mostly entirely irrelevant to the conversation.

Content Emeritus

They were OK in one or two instances. Not when facing a demon monster. Or Flemeth. MOST OF THE TIME THEY WERE AWFUL. Then again, the rogue options were mainly "I will kill you. Prepare to fight. Oh yeah!" and the good ones, "Let's talk and not fight."

Comes Domesticorum

I'm just guessing they had a limited voice acting budget, 'coz even compared to ME2 the dialog choices were pitiful.