Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,001 to 1,011 of 1011

Thread: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition

If you play as a female Inquisitor you can have the option. Not sure how that works though seeing as the Chantry nuns were like "oh noes is you gay?" and everyone is all shocked about that. So I don't get how you can marry Sera. Anyway my impression is that most people don't really care but there is a religious stigma.

With Leliana though she makes exceptions constantly. She even makes stuff up and reconciles it with her religious belief only because she wants to. Her being a "bard" had more to do with her past in Orlais imo.

Just saying, Innit????

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

JULIE!!!

Well, I dont know im yet to cought that with the sisters(not all of them are nuns).
    Im saying so far i didnt see people having issue with it, over the games.

And if it is, as you say, it is hardly in the same manner as Christianity was towards the subject in medieval times anyway.

I see leliana having faith issues in Origins, people end up beliving what they want to belive, aint that religion in the end? as for her past, if i recall from leliana song DLC, the Divine Justinia, also had a similar past, before becoming a revered mother i dont think it actualy relates to any form of sexuality. After all leliana being the left hand of the devine, she was still afirmed as far as i know...

Anyway
    Arse Biscuit!!!!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Btw i agree with you on Cassandra she would be much better looking if she looked like this Allthough i dont mind a scar. It makes sense.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 14, 2017 at 04:58 PM.

Patrician

Well I think people believe what they want to believe but ultimately it depends on how restrictive your religious institutions and society are. I mean do people believe in the Trinity because they want to or do they do it because Aryanism was stamped out by the state. In the same way people can sin and still think that God is with them and just shrug it off. I figure that is their mindset in the game.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Well I think people believe what they want to believe but ultimately it depends on how restrictive your religious institutions and society are. I mean do people believe in the Trinity because they want to or do they do it because Aryanism was stamped out by the state. In the same way people can sin and still think that God is with them and just shrug it off. I figure that is their mindset in the game.
    Not wanting to get off track here, but The Andrastian chantry seemed more focused on the pressing issue of magic, and mages, then actualy social habits for one.
    And i suspect the so called emancipation of elves. Was done more so for pragmatic reasons, then anything else, they were at war against the emperium at the time. Despite good intentions, given how city elves and Elves in general are treated, even after centuries.

Regarding leliana and her vision, honestly it was somewhat understandable given what was happening, And i mean a blight wich is not that of a comon occurence in the first place, but also the meaning behind it. wich is total apocalypse, and corruption. Its not wonder that would affect the believers in some way or another. Especialy in how it is connected.

Default Dragon Age Inquisition

I got really ing tired of fighting spiders in a cave in dragon age 2I loved the first game, and I'm not really expecting much out of Inquisition. I bet it'll be average at best imo

Patrician

It is pretty fun and has a decent story. Yeah there are some problems but for the most part it is good. My only problems were that too many characters were NPC and I wanted to actually play as those characters. The other issue I had was that importing your own world history/decisions doesn't change the game much. Just be ready to do a lot of inconsequential quests. Though dragon hunting is pretty cool, hint: always use the Knight Enchanter specialization for mage class. Where as the first game was really dark and despairing this one raises the stakes but also lightens up on the mood quite a bit. It really doesn't feel as dark as the original but it does explain some things. For example who is Flemeth, why does Flemeth want to steal Morrigan's body, what happened to whatever character, what about the god baby (Morrigan's son), what is Tevinter all about, what happened to the Elven gods, what about the Veil and the dark city, etc.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; May 22, 2017 at 01:45 PM.

Im having trouble with CPU heating while playing this game. Very poor optimization. Doesnt matter if i play on ultra or low, CPU always heats, so im very warry of playing it again. They make this games thinking about consoles first and PC master race is an after thought. Shame on them.

It is odd, as The game is from 2014.. and i play other more recent games like the witcher 3, Played ME adromeda everything on ultra, recently and such without any problems. But DA inquisition seems to heat much more.

It is a pitty.

And mY hardware is fine and new before you ask. From what i read, it is a game issue.

Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Im having trouble with CPU heating while playing this game. Very poor optimization. Doesnt matter if i play on ultra or low, CPU always heats, so im very warry of playing it again. They make this games thinking about consoles first and PC master race is an after thought. Shame on them.

It is odd, as The game is from 2014.. and i play other more recent games like the witcher 3, Played ME adromeda everything on ultra, recently and such without any problems. But DA inquisition seems to heat much more.

It is a pitty.

And mY hardware is fine and new before you ask. From what i read, it is a game issue.

Shame.
    I remember someong saying it's because the EA engine isn't/wasn't meant for a game like this so it is poorly optimized. EA does force Frostbite on their devs.

Patrician

I did too, on my XBOX One. Especially in large fights against dragons. It actually gave me lag and even crashed on me one time.

Well i dont have performance issues with everything on ultra, no lags at all. Its Just the CPU heating. ( A bit of the GPU but not as much). It gets me worried that it can damage the hardware), or that the PC will shut it self off to prevent damage to cpu.
    From what i have been reading lots of people had this issue.
    The game does indeed heat more then the others.

Btw Adromeda is also frostbite, but i dont seem to have the same issue, at least not on the same level anyway. Frostbite isnt that engine that was made for FPS? ( battlefield series? and such.) Its not surprising they would have coding issues while building an RPG.

In fact i read on ME adromeda the devs had several issues with it while in development.

EA does corrupts everything they touch.

On the other hand The witcher 3 runs like a charm, on the red engine. ( looks better too )
    Cyberpunk will be build on new engine REd engine 3 if im not mistaken. Hope is as good as the last one.

Still i do enjoy Inquisition, storywise not as good as Origins , but it does seem to be a proper Dragon age game overall. Dragon Age 2 was pretty weak in comparison.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Depending on what brand of CPU you have it can take temperatures of up to 75-80 C without any issue.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!