Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Default Re: DA3 Announced

It's an everyday hard decision to make, whether to boot up DA:I or Elite : Dangerous.

Should I fly around to look for profitable systems with the gamma release or should I go kill apostates and renegade templars?

trance's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition

I have a Geforce 660 too and yeah, it's periodically crashing. For me it always happens during conversations/cinematics after the game has been on for a while. Just gonna have to wait for another drivers update.

gastovski, I'm enjoying the game - far, far more than DA2. The environment is gorgeous and there seems to be a looot of content this time around. It's hard too, I'm dying quite regularily despite my best efforts. But if you want a smooth experience and value that above all else, DA:I is not the game for you. Controls and camera are sadly clunky, and I actually miss the ability to toggle walk/run. A way to edit character appearance after creation would be good too.

Anyway - back to killing mages.

Games like this are why I get mad companies don't release demos anymore. I really want to know just how well it would run on my computer and where I'd have to put the settings to see what I could get away with. I'm sure I couldn't max it out, but then I'd want to see how it looks not maxed and how that runs and if its acceptable to me or not. But no, it's wonderful to pay 60 for a game, download it then find out it runs like garbage on your computer.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

The weird thing about the controls is that isn't so much the control scheme, but a general sense of jitteriness I get. The game doesn't respond intuitively.

Anyway, loving the game atm, but boy, are there a lot of Fed Ex quests.
    Bioware needs to take a look at Bethesda (vice versa as well btw) and exchange those fed ex quests for simple exploration randomness and cool little non-quests scenarios. And make every quest a serious story driven affair.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Does it have lag like Dark Soul games?. Any video or similar stuff that shows how the controls are would be great.

Edit: Just bought it and downloading, i hope i don't get screwed.
    Last edited by gastovski; November 24, 2014 at 01:02 PM.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Stupid question, but how the do you close rifts??? The game is saying I should use the "Herald" or something.

EDIT: Im playing this on the PC.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, i figured it out. just had to right click on it...heh.
    Last edited by Douchebag; November 24, 2014 at 03:06 PM.

Really curious about this, was expecting everyone here to hate it. Seems like quite the opposite is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    The weird thing about the controls is that isn't so much the control scheme, but a general sense of jitteriness I get. The game doesn't respond intuitively.

Anyway, loving the game atm, but boy, are there a lot of Fed Ex quests.
    Bioware needs to take a look at Bethesda (vice versa as well btw) and exchange those fed ex quests for simple exploration randomness and cool little non-quests scenarios. And make every quest a serious story driven affair.
    gastovski, I'm enjoying the game - far, far more than DA2. The environment is gorgeous and there seems to be a looot of content this time around. It's hard too, I'm dying quite regularily despite my best efforts. But if you want a smooth experience and value that above all else, DA:I is not the game for you. Controls and camera are sadly clunky, and I actually miss the ability to toggle walk/run. A way to edit character appearance after creation would be good too.

But, as to the story itself people, is it any good so far? How does it hold on its own compared to Origins?
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

After all these years Cassandra's voice actress sill bland and sounds overacting. Even Leliana speaks so highly and noble. I miss old days when actors do their job with passion and professionally. While controls are hard to get used to first but after rebind some functions to another key things are good now. Though i really want to disable attack with mouse.

trance's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    Games like this are why I get mad companies don't release demos anymore. I really want to know just how well it would run on my computer and where I'd have to put the settings to see what I could get away with. I'm sure I couldn't max it out, but then I'd want to see how it looks not maxed and how that runs and if its acceptable to me or not. But no, it's wonderful to pay 60 for a game, download it then find out it runs like garbage on your computer.
    Don't happen to have Battlefield 4 in your possession? Or any other Frostbite 3 based games?

P.S.

gastoviski, imo Leliana's voice fit well - seeing that she's supposed to be a courtier but lacking noble status, I guess she'd have to blend in. Devil's advocate ftw .

P.S. Cassandra is the boringest character ever in a DA game, after that Anders guy, the weird gay elven assassin(s) and of course Allistair. Who I made kingite 3 based games?
    Last edited by trance; November 24, 2014 at 06:36 PM.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    Really curious about this, was expecting everyone here to hate it. Seems like quite the opposite is happening.
    I'm loving it. There is a lot going on this game. From a game design standpoint it is really well put together with really different gameplay mechanics and story telling working very well together. You have an action game in combat, a resources management game at the war table, a character driven story with your companions and a Sims house game with your castle and an open world with something new around every corner. It just works so well.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

A minor thing that bothers me about DA:I (I haven't played it yet mind you) is that the environment looks so boring and bland. it seems like most of the open world is a small area with generic trees and grass between grayish mountains. Then the armors and weapons on some humans look horrible, awkward and out of place (In TotalBiscuit DA:I video his character is wearing an axe as big as himself).
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; November 25, 2014 at 01:39 PM.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The environments are quite varied. I've been to deserts, bogs, coasts, plains, caves, ruins, castles, been put in a dungeon, put others in my dungeon, and sent the severed head of my enemy on a nationwide tour. Oh and somebody threw a goat at my castle. What you saw from TotalBiscuit is kinda what I was thinking to start with, but once you get 10 to 15 hours into the game, the plot gets going and you realize that you have been playing an extended prologue and tutorial. The world opens up in grand fashion. The minor fetch quests he mention feed into the overall story. At one point he says something about "shards." Well actually there is something really interesting about those shards that make them worth finding. You can of course ignore them and do other things that also have interest and value when pursued.
    Last edited by Big War Bird; November 25, 2014 at 02:43 PM.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

The environments are extremely varied and beautiful. The character models are sometimes a little cartoony with oversized weapons and too few armor varieties, but that has always been an annoyance with Dragon Age, and i'd say it's a little better now than in previous games. But as for the size and beauty of the environments there is absolute nothing to complain about.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Most demos and pre-release streams were from the Hinterlands, which is just one of several major regions.

Then the armors and weapons on some humans look horrible
    There's some inconsistency in the design imo. They made an effort for many of the actual player character armours to look pretty damn plausible pieces of gear (nothing wrong with scale or mail, reinforced with leather and some steel plate, haven't gotten actual plate armour yet though). But every single helmet I've encountered is a horrible gaudy mess and some of the greaves and gloves upgrades are too spikey.
    Weapons, as per usual for Bioware, are humongous thick clubs regardless of them being a sword, axe or mace. One unique sword I found is literally an elongated hand, how the structural integrity of that is supposed to stand up to combat? no idea.

But honestly it's nitpicking. All things considered, my first 10h of playtime leaves me hopeful for Bioware's future as basically the JJ Abrams or Ridley Scott of blockbuster RPG's
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

Finally had time to play this game for a good few hours. Combat is good, nice middle ground between the last 2 games. Playing it on hard and already I found the tutorial sequence to be a graft having to occasionally top up with potions and direct my party which is great. Textures aren't very consistent with the quality ranging widely, probably because I got it for Xbox rather than PC but it.

One thing that's annoying me is the Inquisitor's voice. Because they decided to only have some portions of the conversations interactive, the tone in his voice changes abruptly. Feels like each line has been done by different voice actors. That's with the English voice. If it annoys me further I'll try a new character with the American voice, see if that's better.

Quote Originally Posted by Big War Bird View Post
    I'm loving it. There is a lot going on this game. From a game design standpoint it is really well put together with really different gameplay mechanics and story telling working very well together. You have an action game in combat, a resources management game at the war table, a character driven story with your companions and a Sims house game with your castle and an open world with something new around every corner. It just works so well.
    Damn, I guess I gotta get it then. Given how many characters from DA2 seem to play a huge role on it, I guess I gotta play it too to fully enjoy Inquisition yeah? [ never played it]
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Can anyone tell me what is the time gap of events between DA2 and DAI?.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Can anyone tell me what is the time gap of events between DA2 and DAI?.
    Just a few months from the end of DA2 to the start of DAI. Long enough for the Mage/Templar war to spread, but short enough that Varric is still in Cassandra's custody.

Of course it's possible that the end of the playable section of DA2 ended a year or so before the part where Cassandra is interviewing Varric. So who knows.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    Don't happen to have Battlefield 4 in your possession? Or any other Frostbite 3 based games?

P.S.
    I actually got the BF4 demo or alpha or whatever and it didn't run well which further solidified the fact that I would not buy it.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

I've heard bad things about PC controls, and honestly bad controls can completely make me hate a game.

Are they really bad?
    Does anyone use a Xbox controller on PC, and does that make it better?