Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Default Re: DA3 Announced

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    I will wait till the reviews hit in before I bother getting myself into another bioware game.
    Me to, But real honest to god reviews not the IGN bull...

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

When i want to buy a RPG, Kevin VanOrd decides for me from Gamespot.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I'll just wait to hear responses from people who bought it and if they are negative about it I'll want to hear what things they dont like and I can decide for myself if thats deal breaker or not.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    I'll just wait to hear responses from people who bought it and if they are negative about it I'll want to hear what things they dont like and I can decide for myself if thats deal breaker or not.
    I'm afraid they won't have rotten teeth or bad hygiene.

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

It sounds like you're set on not buying at and just want to find excuses to justify your position.

I mean if you don't want to buy it, don't do it.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

The combat still looks incredibly boring and I'm not too hot on the emphasis on sexualities of the pretty lame party members. Lots of graphics bugs look like they need polished in one month. I don't have high hopes for this game after the betrayal that was DA2.

Maybe if it's decent I'll get the inevitable Ultimate Edition that has all the overpriced and useless DLC, just so I can get some closure for this damn story

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Will drop you a PM once it's out.

NDA 'n stuff.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachus View Post
    It sounds like you're set on not buying at and just want to find excuses to justify your position.

I mean if you don't want to buy it, don't do it.
    I know better than to buy a BiowEAre game blindly. Best to just be prepared for the worst, then it cannot possibly disappoint.

Simply not planning to buy this game no. Not eagerly anticipating its release or anything. If it turns out to be good I'll have a look and otherwise not. Even if it does turn out to be an alright game I'd probably wait for a pricedrop. Still other games I plan to buy and I simply dont find it needed to have a big budget for videogames anymore. Pretty much just the really good ones I'd buy on release.

And with EA it simply is not possible to get that kind of quality. They can make good games, but not great games. EA is too commercial for that.

Comes Domesticorum

I know better than to buy a BiowEAre game blindly. Best to just be prepared for the worst, then it cannot possibly disappoint.

Simply not planning to buy this game no. Not eagerly anticipating its release or anything. If it turns out to be good I'll have a look and otherwise not. Even if it does turn out to be an alright game I'd probably wait for a pricedrop. Still other games I plan to buy and I simply dont find it needed to have a big budget for videogames anymore. Pretty much just the really good ones I'd buy on release.

And with EA it simply is not possible to get that kind of quality. They can make good games, but not great games. EA is too commercial for that.
    Oh, you're not getting it? I had no idea.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

They can make good games, but not great games. EA is too commercial for that.
    If only EA would be as uncommercial as Square Enix, SEGA, Ubisoft, Nintendo and Sony which surely defined the quality of their respective good-great titles...

A pre-defined penalty is fine but nothing beats a general sweepstake about games as emotional and subjective as RPG's.

Cases could be made for exclusion for Deep Silver, positivly, and Activision negativly though.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

IGN reviewed the game and gave it 8.8 but it has "weak plot". Damn, when will we get nicer things from Bioware i wonder. Also IGN is the least trustworthy source for gaming because %90 times they give higher scores than other sites.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    IGN reviewed the game and gave it 8.8 but it has "weak plot". Damn, when will we get nicer things from Bioware i wonder. Also IGN is the least trustworthy source for gaming because %90 times they give higher scores than other sites.
    I'm not sure what they mean by weak plot, but I think DA:O also had a weak plot. The difference was that while it had a weak plot, it had a rich story, so hopefully that's more of what we'll see in DA:I. In fact, I'd say DAII had a stronger plot than DA:O, but a much weaker story.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

I didn't bother reading IGN's review since they usually talk out of their arse. But across the board the reviews are generous and they all say that in terms of story, the scope and variation is impressive even for a Bioware game. Only downsides that seemed to come up a lot were technical stuff especially with the PS4 version.

Well, the German magazine Gamestar gave it an 85/100, which is nominally 2 points worse than DA2, if not for the fact that they retroactively dumped down DA2 to 80/100. They did say it's clearly the much better game out of the two, but it still can't keep up with Origins where story and storytelling are concerned.
    Another point one of the editors made is this: You can see in the game how Bioware is trying to make it go after Skyrim and Assassin's Creed in terms of being compatible for the masses to get the most out of sales numbers etc.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Great reviews so far, most reviewers saying the world is absolutely massive and that the game will take 80 hours even just doing an average number of sidequests.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...ge-inquisition (PS4 version has the most reviews)
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Gamespot gave 9 which means i'm getting it for PC, in Kevin we trust . I hope it won't disappoint me.
    Last edited by gastovski; November 11, 2014 at 01:46 PM.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Great reviews so far, most reviewers saying the world is absolutely massive and that the game will take 80 hours even just doing an average number of sidequests.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...ge-inquisition (PS4 version has the most reviews)
    Excellent, hope my PC will run it well enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    Well, the German magazine Gamestar gave it an 85/100, which is nominally 2 points worse than DA2, if not for the fact that they retroactively dumped down DA2 to 80/100. They did say it's clearly the much better game out of the two, but it still can't keep up with Origins where story and storytelling are concerned.
    Another point one of the editors made is this: You can see in the game how Bioware is trying to make it go after Skyrim and Assassin's Creed in terms of being compatible for the masses to get the most out of sales numbers etc.
    I think they made that clear from the moment they announced DAI, that they'd be going after Skyrim. I personally didn't enjoy Skyrim's expanse as much as others might have because it was my first Elder Scrolls game and I didn't know much about the lore and such. I can't wait to explore the world of Dragon Age, which has been so interesting since DAO.
    Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Gamespot gave 9 which means i'm getting it for PC, in Kevin we trust . I hope it won't disappoint me.
    If Kevin is who I think he is, then yeah that guy has been making reliable reviews for years.

Even if it's good I'm considering waiting for the massive DLC releases. I don't wanna play the game over and over for every DLC.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Even if it's good I'm considering waiting for the massive DLC releases. I don't wanna play the game over and over for every DLC.
    Yeah, it's a pain if the DLC is all DLC that takes part during the main story. Won't be bad if they're set before or after the story, but no way of knowing what DLC BioWare has planned.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

Meh, I'll probably end up doing a sad amount of playthroughs anyway like I did with the other DA games and ME.