Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it worth it?

philip augustus's Avatar Decanus

Default is it worth it?

hi ive been checking put your mod and i was just wondering if its really worth to go to all the troublw of uninstalling rome and installing this mod?
    Fat cats will rule the world.

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: is it worth it?

yes, yes it is!

philip augustus's Avatar Decanus

their isnt like 18 turn build times like rtr is there?
    Fat cats will rule the world.

HMMcKamikaze's Avatar Semisalis

Of course they will say the mod is worth it.

This is the best mod for RTW

No there is not a 18 turn build time, and yes it is defintley worth it.
    What do we mean by patriotism in the context of our times? I venture to suggest that what we mean is a sense of national responsibility ... a patriotism which is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

yes it is.... its fun to see gaul get whooped by the britons or the iberians....

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

This is by far the best, most potentially challenging and rewarding mod currently available, and I have played RTR, SPQR, Darth Mod etc, but this is the one I spend the most time on, after a hard day at work - I have a friend who also plays RTW, loaded this mod onto his PC a couple of weekends ago, and he's hooked, he agree's that it is a lot better than the vanilla version, and very stable too.
    If it were an official add-on, I would be more than willing to pay the going rate to buy it - Alexander is not a patch on this unofficial mod.
    In summary, I would describe TE as the best of both worlds between the vanilla game and RTR - it is virtually perfect!

All IMOHO of course.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

I say it is, I played all the good RTW mods and I'm currently at home with this one.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Have to agree. I've played quite a few mods for quite a while and this one has held me the longest. Give it a try.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Considering the mod is FREE, how could it not be "worth it"? It won't cost you anything to try it, so of course it is worth it.

This is the greatest, and pretty much the only good mod, I've played so far.

Most mods have something to keep folk interested but fail overall in the gameplay department. This mod doesn't. It doesn't change awhole lot, but it makes small crucial additions and changes that is only for the better. Unified Rome! Two new factions! Ptolemaic Egypt! Up-to-date skins! (The vanilla ones are a few years old, you know)

Ive had this conversation before so rather than typing it all again i think i'll be lazy and just quote my old post !

Quote Originally Posted by JCaesar316
    Yeah rome one unified faction, which in my opinion a huge aid to game play, the lack of the (puppet master) senate means rome can expand more realisticly as a CPU or human controled player atleast ive found. Not to mention the new factions added in place of the missing ex-roman factions which is another big plus imho.

Ive tried a vast amount of mods including RTR and many others an none have grabbed me and sucked me in quite as much as this mod. Each campain is diffent mainly as the factions are balanced much better, I'd still say the romans have the edge but thats realistic as after all they did conquer most of the known world at that time.

Ive spent the last five weeks totally sucked in by this mod and when i'm not playing i spend my time telling anyone i know that plays RTW to get this mod, So i have to suggest the same to you.

Stop thinking, and just do it you wont regret it.

Trust me i'm a doctor

you wont be disappointed

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philip augustus
    hi ive been checking put your mod and i was just wondering if its really worth to go to all the troublw of uninstalling rome and installing this mod?
    Yes, absolutely. With the addition of the Mundus Magnus map this mod reaches "great" status. The unified Rome makes things a lot more enjoyable in my opinion. ANd the Barbarian upgrades in terms of fighting units and buildings make for a REAL challenge.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Untill Res Gestae and EB is released, this mod is the best out there... But as I said, untill!

C_F's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Danske
    Untill Res Gestae and EB is released, this mod is the best out there... But as I said, untill!
    :hmmm: I'll probably be playing MTW II by then... meanwhile, you are right, just what the DR. ordered...

NONOPUST's Avatar Primicerius

for awhile i actually lost interest in rtw vanilla, even MP
    then i got this mod and id have to say theres only one problem...i cant stop playing it!!!

definetly a must get, you wont be disapointed

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

its one of those mods that doesnt catch your eye when your browsing but when you see and you try it, your hooked then on and its hard to stop playing it!! I cant wait until gold is released!!

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Hotdog's Avatar Civis
    My body is in Wisconsin, but my mind is at my home planet, Pluto.

Wow! Sign Me Up! Where Can I Link To Download It!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast