Thread: [SOLVED] (Uninstall Help) - acw showing up in vanilla

Default [SOLVED] (Uninstall Help) - acw showing up in vanilla

Hi guys i uninstalled this mod but when i go to play vanilla, ACW splash screen shows up at it will not allow me to play the Vanilla Empire could any one please help to correctly uninstall this mod manually as i tried to do automatically but has not worked please help
    what destinations are the files i need to delete please thanks

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Default Re: (Uninstall Help) - acw showing up in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKing View Post
    Hi guys i uninstalled this mod but when i go to play vanilla, ACW splash screen shows up at it will not allow me to play the Vanilla Empire could any one please help to correctly uninstall this mod manually as i tried to do automatically but has not worked please help
    what destinations are the files i need to delete please thanks
    The problem is the following (I think); you didn't choose vanilla ready the last time you exited the ACW Launcher. that is a must if you want to have successful de-installation. to correct this go to:
    SteamApps\common\empire total war\data and delete any .pack file that starts with bg_xxx.pack. these are ACW .pack files and they have to go. then, you can (but not need to) delete ACW folder in your SteamApps\common\empire total war folder. after that I would suggest verifying the integrity of the game cache via Steam (instructions can be found in the Technichal help Sub-forum > Some Gamig Must-knows Thread).

thanks m8, in the end i just did a fresh install as i had some other mods i wanted cleaned to

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

SOLVED&