I noticed that still many of you have problems working sound fixing tool Sinfonia Semplica so i decided to write simple tutorial for you and step by step instuctions what to do to make it work.
1. Download Sinfonia Semplica - Sinfonia Semplice.rar
2. Put all mods you want to use in your data folder (sounds getting broken by mods which changing units_table in db files)
3. Run semplica tool and it will work without any errors (all wrong cannon/bow sounds will be fixed)
4. Open created Sinfonia Semplice.pack in PFM (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=494248) and change file format from MOD to MOVIE. (should be optional if you want it in mod manager or not) and rename it to Sinfonia_Semplice.pack
5. Start and enjoy the game again.
Note: Do this every time you change some Unit Pack, Units Mod, someones big overhaul.
Or for my Overhauls use these fixes here:
Here are Fixes for my SJ, RotS and FotS overhauls - Simply, download, unpack and place in Data folder. Works for me and few others without issues.
Sengoku Jidai Overhaul - Sound Fix.rar
Rise of the Samurai Overhaul - Sound Fix.rar
Fall of the Samurai Overhaul - Sound Fix.rar
(you can try all 3 if one of them would not work for you from some reason in your chosen campaign)
Additional tutorial written by Hazbones:
1. Create your mod pack- assuming you are making a mod that includes custom or edited units. Set the pack type to "MOD".
2. Units table(s)- initially you should have at least 2 VANILLA units_table in your mod. Give the first table a unique name IE: my_units_table. Name the second (vanilla) one: van_units_table or something like that.
3. Make changes to your units in the "my_units_table" ONLY. Don't touch the vanilla units table.
4. Repeat the above steps for ALL tables in your mod (IE: you will have 2 unit stat tables, 2 uniform tables, etc.).
5. Make sure to rename the vanilla table but don't change the data in the table!
6. Check to make sure your unique ID numbers are different between the modded tables and the vanilla ones (IE: you should not have two of the same unit name with the same unique ID number).
7. Recheck each table you have in your mod to make sure the unique ID columns are different between the modded table and the vanilla ones.
7. Once all tables are completed and all changes made, place your mod pack in your data folder.
8. Sinfonia Semplice- download this mod and place the SinfoniaSemplice.pack file into your date folder. Change the SS pack file type to MOVIE.
9. There is also an executable file that comes in the SS download. Run that executable file!
10. After you see the Sinfonia Semplice mod do its thing (packing the sounds), you are ready to play. If you don't see the window pop up showing SS packing the files then try it again!
IMPORTANT: If you do any changes to the units_table you have to put your newly modded pack file in the data folder and re-run Sinfonia Semplice again!
If you are having sound issues with naval units, remember that ships are in different tables than regular land units. You will need the naval_units_table and naval_stats_table, etc.
Just follow the same instructions as above using the naval tables to fix your issues.