Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial - How to fix broken sounds

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Icon5 Tutorial - How to fix broken sounds

I noticed that still many of you have problems working sound fixing tool Sinfonia Semplica so i decided to write simple tutorial for you and step by step instuctions what to do to make it work.

1. Download Sinfonia Semplica - Sinfonia Semplice.rar

2. Put all mods you want to use in your data folder (sounds getting broken by mods which changing units_table in db files)

3. Run semplica tool and it will work without any errors (all wrong cannon/bow sounds will be fixed)

4. Open created Sinfonia Semplice.pack in PFM (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=494248) and change file format from MOD to MOVIE. (should be optional if you want it in mod manager or not) and rename it to Sinfonia_Semplice.pack

5. Start and enjoy the game again.

Note: Do this every time you change some Unit Pack, Units Mod, someones big overhaul.

Or for my Overhauls use these fixes here:

Here are Fixes for my SJ, RotS and FotS overhauls - Simply, download, unpack and place in Data folder. Works for me and few others without issues.

Sengoku Jidai Overhaul - Sound Fix.rar

Rise of the Samurai Overhaul - Sound Fix.rar

Fall of the Samurai Overhaul - Sound Fix.rar

(you can try all 3 if one of them would not work for you from some reason in your chosen campaign)

Additional tutorial written by Hazbones:

1. Create your mod pack- assuming you are making a mod that includes custom or edited units. Set the pack type to "MOD".
    2. Units table(s)- initially you should have at least 2 VANILLA units_table in your mod. Give the first table a unique name IE: my_units_table. Name the second (vanilla) one: van_units_table or something like that.
    3. Make changes to your units in the "my_units_table" ONLY. Don't touch the vanilla units table.
    4. Repeat the above steps for ALL tables in your mod (IE: you will have 2 unit stat tables, 2 uniform tables, etc.).
    5. Make sure to rename the vanilla table but don't change the data in the table!
    6. Check to make sure your unique ID numbers are different between the modded tables and the vanilla ones (IE: you should not have two of the same unit name with the same unique ID number).
    7. Recheck each table you have in your mod to make sure the unique ID columns are different between the modded table and the vanilla ones.
    7. Once all tables are completed and all changes made, place your mod pack in your data folder.
    8. Sinfonia Semplice- download this mod and place the SinfoniaSemplice.pack file into your date folder. Change the SS pack file type to MOVIE.
    9. There is also an executable file that comes in the SS download. Run that executable file!
    10. After you see the Sinfonia Semplice mod do its thing (packing the sounds), you are ready to play. If you don't see the window pop up showing SS packing the files then try it again!

IMPORTANT: If you do any changes to the units_table you have to put your newly modded pack file in the data folder and re-run Sinfonia Semplice again!

If you are having sound issues with naval units, remember that ships are in different tables than regular land units. You will need the naval_units_table and naval_stats_table, etc.
    Just follow the same instructions as above using the naval tables to fix your issues.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Radious; May 14, 2013 at 10:00 AM.

Winner of the 2011 award: [Shogun 2] Favourite Unit Pack - Radious Unit Pack 1
    Winner of the 2012 mod awards: [Shogun 2] Favourite Overhaul, Unit Pack, Campaign AI and Submod
    Winner of the 2012 modder awards: [Shogun 2] Favourite Modder and DB Editor

Vragos's Avatar Shashu
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Tutorial - How to fix broken sounds

Nicely written tutorial Radious.
    Do note though, that I didn't have the fots_* patch files, when I didn't have FOTS installed.
    Even so, it will run just fine with the dummy file in place.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

After the patch and mod manager release from yesterday we are force to do 1 more step.

After all previous steps are done - open created Sinfonia Semplice.pack in PFM and change file format from MOD to MOVIE.

Winner of the 2012 mod awards: [Shogun 2] Favourite Overhaul, Unit Pack, Campaign AI and Submod

jan_boruta's Avatar Hastatas Posterior
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It didn't work for me after numerous attempts. Seems that the recent patch changed something yet again and the bug is back. From what I can gather, Darth is also struggling with it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It is bit complicated but i managed to fix it for myself, but i see that it wont be much of a help for normal users. Patch changed few things, mainly we cant edit manualy user.script anymore on which was this program dependand, thats why it must be switched to movie format but not even this always helps. I suggest to cotnact tool creator (but sadly he is gone some time) or other great tool makers who may help with this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I did some testing and I played without the mod in movie format - the first two battles had normal sound, but the third one had the bug again. It's weird that it activated after some time. Applying the mod helps sometimes, but then it reverts to former state.

Thank you for your help, though! I will wait patiently for an eventual fix some day, or endure the cannon-bows I've been enjoying the campaign with your overhauls. Very nice and flexible gameplay

EDIT: By the way, is this bug also present in FOTS? Since the official patch was FOTS-related, maybe it isn't there?

DARTH VADER's Avatar DARTIS
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Radius indeed it works this solution. I have made it a Movie Type and it works. Thanks for sharing this info. Because I have not checked yet, can we add in SteamWorkshop more than one file, for example, the mod.pack and this sound.pack in movie type? Or we have to tell the users to download and install manually the sound fix (That would be not handy for the players)?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Radius indeed it works this solution. I have made it a Movie Type and it works. Thanks for sharing this info. Because I have not checked yet, can we add in SteamWorkshop more than one file, for example, the mod.pack and this sound.pack in movie type? Or we have to tell the users to download and install manually the sound fix (That would be not handy for the players)?
    On workshop you can upload many files, but only in mod format, since you can upload stuff there only from mod manager and mod manager wont recognise movie or other formats. Files must be unpacked, directly pack files. There is not much reason keep mods in other formats now, workshop works very well, since people just subscribe and dont need to do anything else, its download auto to them, installs, makes user script and they just choose when they start game i mod manger if they want use that mod or not. Plus if you make update, they will automaticaly get it aswell after you upload it on workshop, they dont have to search or anything, when the start game, new version will be downloaded for them if the have subscribed your mod.

Its just silly that sound bug which appeared after FotS release and complicates things.
    Last edited by Radious; September 29, 2012 at 04:17 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Please try these 2 fixes with my Overhauls, i tested them for myself and it seems to be working. Its made for my overhauls - FotS and SJ versions. If you have other mods or more it may not work.

Simply, download, unpack and place in Data folder.

DARTH VADER's Avatar DARTIS
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    On workshop you can upload many files, but only in mod format, since you can upload stuff there only from mod manager and mod manager wont recognise movie or other formats. Files must be unpacked, directly pack files. There is not much reason keep mods in other formats now, workshop works very well, since people just subscribe and dont need to do anything else, its download auto to them, installs, makes user script and they just choose when they start game i mod manger if they want use that mod or not. Plus if you make update, they will automaticaly get it aswell after you upload it on workshop, they dont have to search or anything, when the start game, new version will be downloaded for them if the have subscribed your mod.

Its just silly that sound bug which appeared after FotS release and complicates things.
    So I understood that the sound bug will remain unless the player downloads/installs the fix separately. This can be complicated for many... thanks for the answer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    So I understood that the sound bug will remain unless the player downloads/installs the fix separately. This can be complicated for many... thanks for the answer.
    Yes since mod manager release we cant edit user.script anymore manually and semplica fix is not recognised by mod manager even in mod format. Author of this tool didnt updated it and its gone long time. So if some other toolmaker wont look at it then fixing sounds will be very complicated and annoying thing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The packs you provided in an earlier post are working Many thanks!

Ashigaru
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Please try these 2 fixes with my Overhauls, i tested them for myself and it seems to be working. Its made for my overhauls - FotS and SJ versions. If you have other mods or more it may not work.

Do we have to re-apply the fix when we update to a newer version of Radious?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf80 View Post

Not needed sofar, only if i add new units which i dont have in plans currently.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Princeps Posterior
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Great, now I just have to figure out how to install this damn PFM thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf80 View Post
    Thanks for your post on r/totalwar btw.

Vexillifer
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

what about rise of the samurai?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by elor70 View Post
    what about rise of the samurai?
    Is in preparation, till i release working version for me i suggest do the solution posted above which should work even if its not really handy right now, but thats all we got till someone finds better and easier solution.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rise of the Samurai Overhaul sound fix uploaded. Tested and works for me and few others so should work for you aswell. Enjoy.

Douchebag's Avatar Pili Posterior
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I tried this fix but it doesn't work. Some of the units still produce cannon sounds...is it because i'm darthmod?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Douchebag View Post
    I tried this fix but it doesn't work. Some of the units still produce cannon sounds...is it because i'm darthmod?

Most probably yes. My mods are not made to work with DM, they are completely different, different Ai, different unit balance and much much more.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information