Thread: DarthMod Empire Videos & LETS PLAY

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: DarthMod Empire Videos & LETS PLAY

No game play this week

Patrician

Well no new videos for 3 weeks. I wonder what happened to Antiscamp.

Laetus

Hey chaps, I'll be starting a let's play very soon featuring Prussia playing Darthmod on the hardest difficulty. Firstly I was wondering if you guys were interested in something like that still and secondly what mods I would want to have to make for the best watching. Thanks! -Eric

Patrician

Well the only way to go is to play 40 unit save games with Bran settings sir. The superior EPIC experience.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...E-Mod-settings

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Urey use Bran's mod and possibly Cause Belli. They are working great together then feel the agony buddy.

Laetus

hmm lol well i've already started :'( but i'll most definitely use these mods for the next let's play!! can I link the video here? If you guys enjoy this let me know! http://youtu.be/bpeaVJOsppA

Patrician

Lionheart x10 new Darth Mod Empire Let's play using Bran Mac Born DME settings.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aocJAbU_Yc

I'm here! I'm also a busy modder, doing a big project for Skyrim right now, so my video uploads have been kinda slow, but I'm continuing my LP as Sweden with Darthmod 8.0 and Bran MacBorn's DME mod settings. Cool to see that the big boys like Lionheart are also picking up on the mod! The mods do make the game more of a challenge and more fun.

My voice is kinda low in this video. I will lower the sound settings for the next one. There are some nice views of a smaller-size battle here though as we fight the Russian Guerillas.
    Last edited by Antiscamp; August 25, 2014 at 12:50 AM.

Patrician

Hope you attack Prussia. The Russians seem kind of weak do they not.

Two new episodes are up. We continue taking down Russia while there are some surprising territorial developments out east. Next target is probably Poland/Courland though, although Bran McBorn is advocating an attack on Prussia right away. Poland is the more logical target, since it would give us Courland and make us border Prussia in the East where our major armies are. Enjoy

Here's the second one.

Patrician

Looks like Russia is toast.

Yeah, man. Russia is soon gone. In this episode they do provide some good resistance at their last bastion at Kiev though and I was really happy about that. Trouble for them is that they're up against our best general and our best troops. There's also some developments on the campaign map and we form a new plan for expansion westwards.

Patrician

Excellent use of your CAV Sir. Lucky for you the Russians had no CAV. I wish there was some way to make the AI form square when cavalry is nearby. Good to see you back in action

The Russians wouldn't have been saved even if they had Cavalry along. General Rehnskiöld is an unbeatable beast! Overall that battle was the best display of my historically accurate Swedish doctrine of heavy cavalry charges with cold steel. I'm really enjoying your mod; to compare, I'm watching a Let's Play series by another LP'er right now where he doesn't use DME and the difference is staggering. The AI enemy doesn't even half know how to conduct warfare. I'm really happy with the AI performance I'm getting with DME, so again, thanks for your work.

I had a lot of fun making this then starting pulling my hair out figuring out how to use the extra frames from 60fps as blur for 30fps then youtube updates with 60fps lol.
    Though not all scenes are 60fps since some scene recordings where lower than that, Anyway enjoy!

I might make another Empire machinima or two then i wanted to go try making some Rome 2 videos though my PC isn't really up to scratch for that game on max with mods since i have an i5 3570k @4ghz and a HD7950 so i should probably wait till i get a GPU upgrade or build a whole new system before i try that since now ill want to aim for smooth 60fps.

Patrician

Nice rendering but the music ruins the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Nice rendering but the music ruins the video.
    Really? that was why i made it in the first place lol it's the theme for the show "Turn: Washington's Spies" and i imagined putting some kind of empire total war montage to fit that form the first time i heard it but fair enough.
    I'll start an attempt on a more true machinima soon though.

I have been recording a Great Britain campaign on hardest settings for a while now, with the more boring bits edited out. Am about 40 or so videos in, around 90 turns maybe?

I play with personalised units, which has kept me interested for years now; I have not managed to mod brand new units yet but have customised the regimental names and my army stacks are organised as brigades, each with their own general and identity. Just makes it more interesting - to me anyway!

Need to update my graphics card this summer but they're all HD etc, so seem OK (speaking as someone who does it for fun rather than professionally / monetised).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh9...faLB72A/videos

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast