Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Empire Videos & LETS PLAY

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: DarthMod Empire Videos & LETS PLAY

I totally agree,just try it and upload a new video

Yeah, I checked Bran Mac Born's mod out and really liked it a lot. I'll be implementing it after this one, if I have the save game left, otherwise, I'll implement it really soon, because it does step up the game awesomely!

Last edited by Antiscamp; May 01, 2014 at 03:33 AM.

From now on we're playing with Bran Mc Born's DME Settings and increasing difficulty to the recommended Hard/Very Hard. I had two slight problems in this first battle, but they're both resolved. Bran Mc Born explained to me the problem I'm having with cavalry charging, and the mortar problem visible in this battle, should be solved with me removing the larger deployment zone addition.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Looking Forward to the fight with Russia. Question why do use not use 40 unit armies? Very Epic indeed.

Patrician

Waiting for episode 11
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; May 10, 2014 at 11:20 PM.

Patrician

Still waiting

I needed to have some time off from YouTube, but now I'm back. I've been really looking forward to making Ep11 as well. I'll paste it here as well when it's published and ready to go.

Here's the highly anticipated Episode 11. This time, we face a quality, regular Russian army under Prince Menshikov. We're far from home, under strength and outgunned, but our boys are now battle-hardened veterans ready to face the onslaught.

And oh, Bran McBorn, I actually just started without the 40 unit armies and didn't think it was a good idea to change in an ongoing campaign like this. Would there be any adverse effects in changing into 40 now?
    Last edited by Antiscamp; May 25, 2014 at 03:53 PM.

Patrician

Antiscamp you can make your game into 40 units with the ESF editor. Find the save game you saved after the last game play. To have more than 20 units in a stack: with ESF editor click "file" then open 'saved game' find, CAMPAIGN_ENV / CAMPAIGN_MODEL, you will see 2 numbers with 20, upper is land and lower is ship'. change those to 40 then click save. After you do that the save game is now modified and all saves after that will be 40 units for you and the AI. There will be no adverse effects. In the launcher settings under gameplay use the larger deployment zones. The AI needs the larger zone to deploy so many units. If you are not using Gamebooster 3 use it and make sure that you have SSAO turned off and hardware shadows turned off in the graphics options of the game to get the best frame rates with so many men. I watched the battle and if your right flank gave out with that big melee I think your army would be over run-lucky you had such experienced troops.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; May 25, 2014 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks! I'm going to do that now. This has turned into a great Let's Play too since it's also showing viewers how to improve substantially on the game.

Yes! That melee was the deciding point in the battle. Had my boys broken, it would have been the end. That's also why I gambled my general on a charge, because it was really all or nothing. Really exciting! I also loved to see how the AI kept Prince Menshikov protected to the last; I had to hunt him down when he was fleeing the field.

Patrician

If you manage to get the 40 unit saves going your video battles will be EPIC EPIC EPIC

Episode 12 coming up right here. Unfortunately, the 40 unit save didn't work for me on a old save game. I'm planning to LP Austria after Sweden, so I'll implement it from the beginning then. This episode ended up being great as well. Again, we face a numerically superior Russian army and the fighting gets even more intense than I had planned for. They're really stubborn in this one! Good to see!

Oh, I believe there was a bit of lag at the end of the battle. That is not because of the game, because I didn't experience any lag while playing. It has to be something from my recording software.

Patrician

Well the Russians sent some green troops to fight-they do not have a chance against your superior experienced units-maybe they will defend Moscow more. I would love to see you attack those Prussian boys

I'm hoping for a good fight at Moscow and then we're ready to pick our next target. Hopefully Prussia then

Patrician

No video this week

I've been kinda busy with my space game. It's been pretty wild since its release on Steam. Here's episode 13. We march on Moscow. I'm going to start uploading Total War videos not only on the weekends, but also on weekdays. I'm a bit of an irregular uploader, and I think having the weekend restraint on my TW stuff doesn't work too well. Also, I have a Roma Surrectum thing going on which I'm really interested in doing more often, as well as this Empire LP.

Patrician

That was your best battle so far. Good camera work and lot's of action. It seems the Ruskies are not making much Cav units-it they had a few that battle might have been a bit tougher. Good to see infantry trading lead with your men. Now on to Berlin!

Yep, they're swarming with infantry, but I've not seen much cavalry on their side.

Here's the next video. The Second Battle of Moscow is about to be fought. This time, it's even more scary.

Patrician

Nothing left of your army. You just escaped barely. It seems that the Russians are just push overs. Prussians maybe not. You will have a hell a fight on your hands with them boys Good battle.

Oh God, looking forward to that!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast