Thread: Announcing Terra Expugnandae: Warring States

Default Announcing Terra Expugnandae: Warring States

I am proud to announce a mini-mod for TE, which hopes to make the campaign more balanced, the AI factions should now expand more quickly and create more balanced forces. I Hope!

Current version:

0.2a

Download From The Modnet Group here :

Just point the installer to your RTW folder and begin - This is save game compatible but I wouldnt recommend doing so.

- Hope you all enjoy it

Please leave any constructive feedback here

-Marcvs
    Last edited by King Edward I; July 22, 2006 at 05:03 AM.

[i][b]Working for the downfall of the Dark Tosser(s) for 5 years!
    Contact me to find out about CustomPCs for the UK!
    Like My Post? - Use the Button!
    MedievalTW - Feat. The TW Wiki
    Would you like your mod hosted for free? PM Me!

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Default Re: Announcing Terra Expugnandae: Warring States

That sounds good, however, could we maybe have more information on how this will actually be in the game? E.g what you changed, how gameplay has changed, etc.
    More detailed info, you know. Otherwise, sounding promising.

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

the whole dynamiccs of the game are changed, the ai should build a more balanced force and keep smallish garrisons but nearby relief forces! and when you play, you should come up against more intelligent armies, - the romans should have much more of a probloem dealing with phyrrus this time!

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Somehow I find it difficult to believe you've balanced TE better than Lusted did.....and what does, "changed the whole dynamics of the game" mean? The question remains, what have you personally done to make TE better?

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901
    Somehow I find it difficult to believe you've balanced TE better than Lusted did.....and what does, "changed the whole dynamics of the game" mean? The question remains, what have you personally done to make TE better?
    "Better" is simply a matter of taste. It depends on so many factors... Do you want factions expand realistic? Or do you want 'em to expand differently and unexpected? Do you want 'em to kick you in the ass and be freaking rude and breaking alliances? Or shall you be able to rely on their support when war is declared at you? And vice-versa?
    There are so many possiblities in "strat.txt", which is the very file he modded. "Changed the whole dynamics of the game" means, I guess, that factions ally against you. Kick your ass. Wanna destroy you.

Possoblities over possiblities... The word "better" isn't really fitting the context.

K.K

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

As I pointed out in another thread, changes to "Strat.txt", which is a file in "..rtw\data\text\" would have nothing to do with changing anything to do with unit recruitment or game dynamics. It is a file whose sole purpose is to dictate or alter what text appears on the screen while you're playing the game. I know, because I've extensively altered it. "descr_strat.txt", however, allows you to alter diplomacy at the start of the game. Changing that could possibly change how factions react to each other in the game, but other than that, this file could only affect 'units' if you added a bunch of them at the start of the game to the cities factions held.....so I don't quite understand claims to 'changing the whole game dynamics', or how this could affect what size armies you're attacked with, or what the enemy leaves in it's cities.
    And actually I DO think 'better' applies, because if you've managed to accomplish this: "the ai should build a more balanced force and keep smallish garrisons but nearby relief forces! and when you play, you should come up against more intelligent armies"....I should think the inference is there that TE's armies are 'less intelligent', and 'less balanced'.
    I'm just looking for information as to how such things might be accomplished....but these claims seem rather vague.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901
    As I pointed out in another thread, changes to "Strat.txt", which is a file in "..rtw\data\text\" would have nothing to do with changing anything to do with unit recruitment or game dynamics. It is a file whose sole purpose is to dictate or alter what text appears on the screen while you're playing the game. I know, because I've extensively altered it. "descr_strat.txt", however, allows you to alter diplomacy at the start of the game. Changing that could possibly change how factions react to each other in the game, but other than that, this file could only affect 'units' if you added a bunch of them at the start of the game to the cities factions held.....so I don't quite understand claims to 'changing the whole game dynamics', or how this could affect what size armies you're attacked with, or what the enemy leaves in it's cities.
    And actually I DO think 'better' applies, because if you've managed to accomplish this: "the ai should build a more balanced force and keep smallish garrisons but nearby relief forces! and when you play, you should come up against more intelligent armies"....I should think the inference is there that TE's armies are 'less intelligent', and 'less balanced'.
    I'm just looking for information as to how such things might be accomplished....but these claims seem rather vague.
    This, my friend, is because we are talking about "strat.txt" in "world\campaigns\imperial_campaign" folder.

K.K

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Do you mean a more intelligent strat map AI and/or battle AI???

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Well i was shocked when playing as rome I was allied to carthage and when I was invaded by the Ptolemaics they cam eto italy and stood with my troops savig my faction leades life so..

And better is indeed in my opinion anyway - im uploading the 0.2 beta as we speak, Iberia also shouldnt run riot now! (so therfore IMO balanced better than lusted on that piece!

-King Edward I
    In my TE 5.1 campaign Iberia was building spam armies of bull warriors which isnt balanced, thats the srt of theing i mean, they will still build lots of them, they are just tones down slightly!
    Last edited by King Edward I; July 22, 2006 at 05:07 AM.

downloadf link for 0.2 added!

so if i installed this would my TE 5.1 saves still work?

yes they do but you do lose the tweakng at the beginng of the game!

im confused

it is TE : 5.1 Save game compatible, but why use a save if the empires will develop differently...

(shrugs shoulders)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaweh K.
    " Or shall you be able to rely on their support when war is declared at you?

K.K
    i want that !
    now seriously if i want that to happen should I download this mod or stick to 5.1 ?

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by evya
    i want that !
    now seriously if i want that to happen should I download this mod or stick to 5.1 ?
    hehe... No, as far as I know, with this mod the AI will kick your ass, no matter if allied or not.

I play TE 5.1 with my mod instaled and play on hard/very hard, cause on Hard the AI still holds the alliance. Except of the Romans....

K.K

Hehe thanks mate it just so rarely when i get a good ally that actually helps me
    I only remember the britons once offered me money as a gift, I was amazed but a few turns after that they attacked me so i guess u get my point...

you say you are uploading .2 beta but i see .2a please explain
    Last edited by Hells Bells; July 25, 2006 at 12:15 PM.

.2a contained a minor fix and its for 5.1