Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: KLAssurbanipal - UNITS for Rome 1 & mods - new skins & models --- UPDATED: 7.12.2017 ---

Default Re: KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models

With enormous respect for your achievement in the 10-hoplite-skins pack, KLA, I was wondering if anyone has tried installing the Syracusian hoplite yet. If so, I'd like to check out a screen capture of them.

My reason for asking is simple: it seems that the model could be somewhat whacked, since I get the Syracusians holding a "ghost-spear smudge" as if there were two spears and a curtain of repeated colour between them.

I've installed many of the other hoplite skins and have encountered nothing like the Syracusian thing - not a happy circumstance, since heavy bronze hoplite skins seem to outnumber the lighter ones by a margin of almost two to one, don't they?

Default Re: KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models

yes i have the same problem too
    http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1236/fsscr006ck8.jpg
    here

Busy!!!

Turk, where did you get that Spartan unit that you can see an icon for at the bottom left of your screenshot?

I presume it is the spartan Caius made in his "Reskining RTR one unit at a time" thread.

yes he is right everyone ask me what for a spartan this is
    its caius 77(?)bc spartan hoplite

Busy!!!

I have the same problem as both of you two. It does it with the Syracusan and the Armoured hoplite. I pmed King Louise, but he hasn't gotten back to me. Hopefully he will see these posts, and be able to help.

I will post a screen later.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

I'm sorry that I reply today. I was very busy in this week.

I will try to make correct models of Armoured & Syracusian Hoplies.
    Maybe pikes, maybe wertexes in model are wrong...
    On Monaday I will release new models Armoured & Syracusian Hoplites.
    hmmm... Some people dont have problems with SH and AH. ChrissPL showed screen with correctly SH.
    If is any chance I will corrected these, 2 units.

'77 BC' mod
    new units:

NABATEAN ARCHER:

HERODIAN HORSE ARCHER:

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Kudos to you for providing the community with skins! Its well needed

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

ETRUSCAN HOPLITE

I changed this unit
    SPARTAN HOPLITE, IV-III BC:

DOWNLOAD: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1128

SCREEN:

I wonder if the number and nature of the tabs in the model_flexi lines in the DMB entry have some effect on the way the model is read. I've been playing with it and checking it in Custom battles and the degree of distortion in the unit seems to be effected by it. Still cannot make it come out right though.

Just a suggestion, KLA, but don't you agree perhaps that posting an exact copy of your DMB entries for SH and AH would help with the problem here?

Icon3 KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models

I'm sorry for my bad English , but I am Italian .

Where these wonderful Units can downloading ?

Boeotian Hoplite
    Last edited by chrissPL; March 22, 2007 at 09:09 AM.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    yes i have the same problem too

here

I ve the same pblm with the Syracusan Hoplites

In parte operis mei licet mihi praefari, bellum maxime omnium memorabile quae unquam gesta sint me scripturum, quod Hannibale duce Carthaginienses cum populo Romano gessere. Nam neque ualidiores opibus ullae inter se ciuitates gentesque contulerunt arma neque his ipsis tantum unquam uirium aut roboris fuit.

Yes, Barca, I read and saw Turk's post. It was the first reply to my post of 16. March; but it doesn't answer my question about the TAB spaces in the DMB file entry. Sorry.

Athenian Hoplite

@ Agathon

I took changed it to just plain model_flexi, and it did make some difference. I think it might have something to do with the range at which you set the different .cas
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Armoured Hoplite

Corinthian Hoplite

Hey, first of all I'd just like to say thanks for all the awesome Greek skins/models! They freakin' rock and I love them.

The only thing that I'd like to see is a revised copy of your 300 skin. Here are some thing I think would make them perfect:

- Give them the black speedo-like garment instead of the red skirt
    - Make the symbol on their shields thinner
    - Shields needs to look a little rougher, like you did for their helmets
    - Remove the feathery thing at the top of the helms for the basic unit
    - Create an officer unit that is exactly the same, except he does have the feathery thing
    - If possible, remove their leg armor and give them just sandals

I think these changes/additions will make your skin more true to the film the best 300 skins in the modding community, hands down.

Thanks for reading.