Thread: Problem with the game, !PLEASE HELP!

Icon4 Problem with the game, !PLEASE HELP!

Hi!

I've downloaded the game (finally), installed and patched (finally...), fixed the resolution problem and everything worked fine, until I chose my faction and clicked Start. The problem is that an error pop ups (no test, only "OK" buttom), the game cruches, turns black and gets back to a window. Simply I can't play and I don't know what's the problem.

Please help.

I played the mod on my old PC few months ago and it worked fine. I think the problem may have source in the new 1.5.1 patch but I'm no expert.

Default Re: Problem with the game, !PLEASE HELP!

I copied this section from Gig's versions front page.

Error reporting
    General = Due to a drain on resources the error log has been set to 'error' - the lowest setting. To find errors that are not obvious in the 'error' log, kindly set your log to 'trace' and then compress and attach the error log after a crash.
    Finding the log = it will be in the ...\Medieval II Total War\logs folder
    Setting the log to trace = open Configuration.cfg (in the Rage_of_dark_Gods main folder) with Notepad. In the [log] section, remove the hash ( # ) in front of the trace line and add a hash in front of the error line, save. The log will become rather big, but compressing will reduce it to approximately 5-10% of it's original size.
    Please provide details what happens, when it happens and which version (see selection screen, 'Gig version') you are running

Do all of that, then load the game up and repeat your process, when it crashes go into your log file and it should tell you why it is not working. If the problem is not obvious, upload your log file so people can take a look at it.

I'm sorry but there is no "logs" folder. In .../Medieval II Total War folder there's only Config, data, miles, mods, packs, tools folders.

I don't have anything like a Configuration.cfg (in the Rage_of_dark_Gods main folder) either. :? I'm confused

Vette's Avatar Civis

I belive game needs to start to create log so you have none, I think your instalation went wrong, so reinstaling seems like solution to your problems.

Yea I reinstalled the mod and it works fine now, but I have another problem. I can't change the window regime. I tried to chenge the window = 1 to = 0 in the log file, but once i try to save the changes a window pop ups informing me that I can't save the changes because I don't have access to it. :?

Plus the english translation doesn't work for me, 90% of text is still in russian cyrilic.

Vette's Avatar Civis

About window, first thing that comes to mind is have you instaled it as administrator? It seems like this could have something to do with your problem but I am not 100% sure.

Gigantuses version comes with English text, so I guess(his instaler could not instal Cyrilic alphabet becouse it contains Latin English alphabet) you dont have his version of the game.
    You can see this site http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=541401
    You can also find Gigs version of the game( English, compatible with all present and future mods, there are CTDs but they are all save frendly so to speak and you can always contact him in case you have problem, you can find all explanations on "how to" on the page)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=525138

Well I downloaded everything from here: http://empiretw.ru/board/index.php?showtopic=24936

Gigantus version is better? I can try it, hoping I won't have any problems. <pray>

I got Gigantus version, it worked fine. Started the DE campaign and I didn't have any problems, but the next day I decided to start play as Sylvania. The problem is I can't play any battles, I get an error window and a crash.
    I loaded the DE campaign to check if it's the problem only with vampires but now I can't play battles with them too.
    Started a Tzeentch campaign and attacked in 1 turn forces of nurgle and the battle loaded fine, so I don't have any idea what's going on. Any ideas? Please! I'm so tired of all these problems... ;(

Vette's Avatar Civis

First do this:
    Error reporting

1. General = Due to a drain on resources the error log has been set to 'error' - the lowest setting. To find errors that are not obvious in the 'error' log, kindly set your log to 'trace' and then compress and attach the error log after a crash.
    2. Finding the log = it will be in the ...\Medieval II Total War\logs folder
    3. Setting the log to trace = open Configuration.cfg (in the Rage_of_dark_Gods main folder) with Notepad. In the [log] section, remove the hash ( # ) in front of the trace line and add a hash in front of the error line, save. The log will become rather big, but compressing will reduce it to approximately 5-10% of it's original size.
    4. Please provide details what happens, when it happens and which version (see selection screen, 'Gig version') you are running
    then go to: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=525138
    post your problem, add the log file and be patiant till you get response, hopefully solution
    While you are waiting for answer play the least buggy campaign