Thread: Scriptorium Summer Writing Competition 2012 Rules

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Scriptorium Summer Writing Competition 2012 Rules

Scriptorium - Summer 2012 Writing Competition

Rules of the voting phase

• Advertising for the competition as a whole is allowed. However, any advertisement for a certain submission is NOT ALLOWED. Any member found promoting their submission will have their submission removed from the voting and will be barred from any future participation in the competition.
    • Authors may NOT declare which submission is theirs during the voting period. Anonymity is the name of the game for now. You may not ruin anonymity for yourself or anyone in this competition.
    • You may comment on submissions in their respective voting thread after you have voted. However, and disclosure of the author of a submission is NOT ALLOWED. Have I made that clear enough yet?

Competition Rules
    Categories:

• Fiction (1000+ words)
    • Short Fiction (500-1000 words)
    • Poetry (any form of poetry, though we prefer you keep them short)

NO MORE THAN ONE ENTRY PER MEMBER IN EACH CATEGORY. MEMBERS MAY WIN ONE MEDAL ONLY. IN THE EVENT THEY WIN MULTIPLE MEDALS, ONLY THEIR ENTRY WITH THE HIGHEST OVERALL VOTES WILL RECEIVE A MEDAL, AND THEIR OTHER SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT QUALIFY FOR ANY EQUAL OR LESSER MEDAL. Librarians shall clerically administer the competition. Librarians shall not be voting on medals except on the "Librarian's Choice" medal, which is a private poll and will be announced in the end with the rest of the awards. A public poll shall be created and the general membership shall select a medal winner among the submissions for each category.

Submissions for this competition must be unique works written specifically for this competition, or otherwise not posted on TWC in the past. Anonymity of entry's authors must be upheld for the duration of the competition. Do not in any way ruin your own or any other author's anonymity, as this affects the voting process unfairly.

Anyone caught asking for votes during the voting phase in any way, shape or form, on or off this forum, will have their submission immediately disqualified from the competition. In the event this does happen, I can personally guarantee you that you will not know of your entry's disqualification until after voting. This will leave you thinking you were able to sneakily lobby for votes behind my back, and just when you think you've got it, I will slap you hard with my pimp cane. So please ladies and gentlemen, don't pull any crap like this on me, I will see it coming and I will embarrass you for it. Don't say you haven't been warned.

Awards

Awards for the winners:
    Medallions shall be decided by the general membership.
    Reputation shall be decided by the Chief Librarian. As it stands, 50 rep for non-medal winning runner-ups and 25 for non-medal winning second runner-ups.

Librarian's Choice Award:
    The winner of this award shall be decided by Librarian popular vote.

The award polling will begin after the submissions deadline and polling will be closed after roughly two weeks. Finalist voting will stay open for roughly 10 days. Winners will be announced within the days of the polling coming to a close.

The Chief Librarian is solely responsible for all aspects of the competition. The decisions of the Chief Librarian is final.

The Librarians will at their discretion include entries into the Scriptorium. Submission to the Contest does not assure the article will be archived in the Scriptorium.

The first round of voting will last one week until September 21st. The final round will last 5 days from it's posting.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Scriptorium Summer Writing Competition 2012 Rules

Final poll will be up in a while today and will last or 5 days.