Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: RTRPE II (1.1 Patch Released!)

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Request to add on to RTR Platinum v2.0

Did you copy the chat_filter.san file from Alexander/data to rtrpe/data ?

Or do you try to run the mod not using RTW-ALX.exe (RTW.exe ot RTW-BI.exe)

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

No I did not copy that file.

No I ran the mod using ALX.exe

I'm guessing if I copy the file from ALX to the mod it will work?

You'll need that file for it to work with RTW-ALX.exe

Okay fixed and I have successfully added the ground textures without problem, but now I can't seem to add the water textures and tree models. I know how to do it, you must pack them into mod_0.pak. There already is a mod_0.pak so I just unpack the old one, add the files to the data folder and then I pak up the new files. However it seems as if the game is not reading it, as each time I go to play nothing changes. Any advice?

Also, I believe I marked the check box about not having the landblocks on the map, yet when I play the game the landblocks are present, and even when I install the optional add-on it does not change. Any way that I can get rid of the landblocks?

Thanks

For the water texture and tree models, is there a file which related to these stuff ? If there is just rename the textures and models and also the text file. I'm not sure as those are not really my thing and never modded them before.

About the map I have no idea entirely. Sorry.

There actually isn't, the game should just read the pak file. I might just try re-installing it and see what happens

Alright, it's all worked out, the map now has new ground, tree, and water textures to give it a fresh new look. However I had to not only edit the 2.0 version files but also the original platinum version files as well, that is what I was stuck on this whole time. Also for some strange reason I cannot disable the landblocks. Any idea on what to do with that?
    Here is a preview of the new and improved look to the map!

Italy

Iberia

North Africa

Egypt

Greece

Mesopotamia

Central Europe

Credits go to Border Reiver and The Bruce from the Ager Romanus mod for Darthmod.

Now, there are a few things that need to be addressed:

Factions: I still need to decide on which three factions I should add and how I will do that.
    Cities: I need to edit many cities to make the map a little different. I can edit the names, but I am not very skilled at mapping. I just need to move certain cities around and edit the names.

However, both of things I believe will take a long time to do, so I am going to brainstorm and hopefully I will find some other goodies to add into the mod.
    Last edited by ahowl11; September 22, 2012 at 03:27 PM.

Okay, I have come up with the three new factions.

Epirus: I have never really liked that Pyrrhus was controlled by the Greeks and that the Greeks surrounded Macedon. Apollonia and Antigonia will go to Epirus as well as Tarentum. Croton will go to the Romans, and Pyrrhus will of course be controlled by Epirus. It makes the battle for Italy and Greece a little more interesting.

Britons: Okay so if you think about it, the game would not change much if a mapper came in and erased Britain from the map. By putting a faction there, it should make things different. My only concern is that they will not expand past Britain.

Mauryan Empire: There is a huge chunk of land in India that is just begging for a faction to control it, and the Mauryans will be that faction.

Here are the things I will need in order to implement the factions:

Faction Symbols and banners: they need to be the same style as the symbols and banners in RTR

Units: Epirus will be relatively simple as they had the same roster as the Antigonids, they will need different skins though, Britons might be simple as well. For the Mauryans I will ask and see if I can use the units from Res Gestae.

I cannot think of anything else at the moment but if I do I will add to the list.

Also, I am planning on using units from Sonny Costanzo's 280 BC mod that features many webbird and warspite units. These units would fit into RTR perfectly and add some more diversity.

EXRM 4.0 seems to be extremely buggy, so I shifted back to platinum 2.0 although it has less factions.

Nice to see Epirus, Mauryan empire and Britons to be included by you. But Extended Realism has almost the same (except Galatia instead of Mauryan Empire, but I think the Indians will be a better addition).

I wonder, is it possible to have more regions added? or is there a limit you guys have reached already?

Although, wouldnt Bactria and the Mauryan empire be somewhat to much of the same? What do you think of some kind of superfaction encompassing 'independant' kingdoms alltogether like mauretania, gallic, germanic, iberian, arabian, nubian tribes fighting the factions and the rebels in their vicinity ? It would definitly make the map more lively instead of having too much of grey passiveness (rebels)
    Last edited by Jakkka123; September 30, 2012 at 09:30 AM.

Thank you for the support. I feel as if those three factions are the best options.

Well if there is 199 settlements on the map then there is no room to add any more settlements, however in the future I would like to make the map more historical and 'realistic' by correcting some cities, deleting the ones that I can't find info on and replacing them with cities that had historical significance.

Bactria and the Mauryans are different because Bactria is a Hellinistic Kingdom who has access to native Asian troops while the Mauryan Empire is an Indian Kingdom that has it's own unique units.

Adding in an independent superfaction is not a bad idea, but it requires a lot of modding skill and it has it's own issues. There are ways to enhance and upgrade the rebel faction to make them have access to better troops etc. So I will not add a superfaction.

As of right now I am trying to find someone who is willing to make the three new faction symbols. Hopefully we can have an update soon.

Okay I have run into a little problem regarding UI's. They appear as peasants for all the roman units, and then when viewing UI's from the building tree they appear as blank white boxes. Any ideas to a solution? The UI files are in their correct location.

COrrect names ? Peasant unit card means they are wrongly name. Blank white box appears on almost all mods. Not sure why ? Sometimes it happen and sometime it didn't. Don't remember if someone already explained that. Been a long time already.

Okay, i will look into it. Also some ideas:

During the Roman Republic, the army consisted of Roman and Allied troops. There were allied Hastati etc. Well in RTR you have the Italian AOR but they represent the local troops of Italy. What about adding in some Allied troops for the Romans? Going through the units, there is another version of the Hastati and Velites and there is also Ferres' Roman pack that would fit well with the RTR feel.

City State hoplites? I believe that it would make the recruiting a little more diverse.

Prometheus' Strat map cities would give the cities a different look for the Greek and Roman cultures.

Also I have added in Horse Archer's Sky Mod.

In my old Imperator mod I made the normal RTR roman units recruitable in Italy and the ales recruitable outside of italy. For every Hastati, Principe and Triarii there's the alae equivalent of it. Their stats are a bit lower than Roman legionary though.

I have actually used all previous RTR models/skins for these units.

Where can you find these units at? I'm guessing they are found in your Imperator mod?

Also does anyone know how to add in different grass/vegetation? I want the grass from DTW to replace the current grass

From every RTR mod ever released since 5.0

Yes they are in my mod.

I also used ferres mods etc.

Okay, cool. Would you know how to change the grass? Also check this out:

These units are from the Roman Faction Mod. Download links are dead. Do you have a copy or know anyone who does? I could easily use some of these units for the Alae.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56011

No idea about the grass. Prometheus did have a grass mod or something so if you can get just the grass mod you can easily adapt it to your mod. I don't have Roman faction mod files anymore but isn't Extended Realism mod uses those type of skins too ?

okay i will check