Thread: Can't Select Options except for unit size

Default Can't Select Options except for unit size

No, this is not an asterisk thing, I realize that those only represent the defaults. Whatever I select, whether it be clan retexture, oda-tokugawa alliance, etc. It says it's changed, but in game, nothing is different. I've tried Reinstalling Darth Mod, and I've tried reinstalling Shogun II, if somebody could explain some sort of fix, maybe I'm not aware of, that would be really appreciated!

Default Re: Can't Select Options except for unit size

Well if you do everything correctly it should work, maybe you just can't tell if certain settings are on.

Can you explain in detail?

This is happening to me too. However for me nothing loads. I DM files do not work for me it simply loads vanilla every time.

To explain further, whenever I select an option on the launcher, like the clan retexture pack, or what have you, I notice no difference in game. So I tried checking the user script, and every time I tried to select an option other than unit size, nothing would change. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong, especially having done all this on a clean install.

In my user script, the only options that will ever be displayed are:
    mod sounds_fixed.pack;
    mod darthmod_shogun.pack;
    campaign_unit_multiplier 1.5;
    naval_fleet_multiplier 0.75;
    Last edited by Peasants_Galore; September 17, 2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Adding additional information.

Hello P_G,

I will look into this a give a sound reply as soon as possible.

When I try to change options, the little asterisk saying whether the effect in question is enabled does not move. I get the same problem as the other guys.

Thank you Auran, I hope you find something, and TheDarkAvenger, the asterisk does not move, it is just there to indicate what the default setting is. The reason I made this thread, is this is an actual problem, the asterisk not moving is not a problem. If your settings do not change, IN GAME, then you have the same issue as me, otherwise, you should be fine.

I realised after posting what the asterisks do, but I try to remove the balloons (I keep forgetting what they are called, almost said Hojo haha!) [/shimono?] and there is no difference ingame. None of my settings appear to alter the game at all. But since yesterday, it has been crashing, so I started to play Napoleon instead.

TheDarkAvenger,

be careful not to mix certain settings with each other, as they are not all inter-compatible.

As for you Peasants_Galore, sorry for the long wait, i'm still trying to reach DARTH_VADER.

Auran, no worries, if I'm the only one with this problem, its not a priority, and I understand. Tomorrow, I might try another fresh install of both to see if it changes anything.

The baloon may become visible again if you enable the Unit Retexture mod or the Unit Variety mod. Disable them to resolve this issue. Because the latest CA patch has affected DarthMod installation, some issues may occur because of the new mod manager. You may, for example, not enable correctly the DarthMod in the 1st screen, continue your campaign, corrupt it, the it becomes useless. I will soon update the mod so please be patient.