Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Download links for RS 2.5 and RS 2.6 Patch

Default Re: Download link for RS 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by jseyf26 View Post
    I can install it and get the launcher to open up, but then once I try to run it I get a pop-up that says "problem checking steam application." anyone have this problem before?
    Open your launcher and put all the settings you want in there, like Hi resolution textures or bloom or whatever you want, then hit save and close the launcher. Then go to your steam and right click rome total war hit properties go to set launch options and then type in -mod:play_Rome -show_err -nm with a space in front of the -mod. Then launch the game through steam and it will allow you to play the roman campaign. Also make sure all of the mod is in the Rome Total War Folder in the Steam Program 86x files area for RTW.

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

A recent computer breakdown forced a complete re-install of Windows - I lost RS 2.5.

I tried a RS 2.5 download, but none of the provided download sites is working.
    How else can I download this Mod?

Please help.

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

The second link works just fine.

Thank you, Rex, for the reply.

It worked alright, but I had to join the download site (a forum or group of some people), I never will never use.
    Besides the RS 2.5 I downloaded has some problems - some files are in French and after the launching of the RS screen the original BI cavalry opening appears before re-entering RS. I also noticed some crashes I never had before.

Libertus

Anyone faced end-turn CTD's?!?! ( I hope not of course, but I am obsessed with these TERRIBLE CTD's)

I'm afraid I can't get this mod working.. I read all the guides, searched endlessly for a solution but I can't find it.. I'm using Steam which is probably the reason.

I did the whole make a backup in C:/ then installing RSII in it but there was the three error screens(like other users had)
    I then tried to install RS into a seperate folder then copy and paste it in the backup folder(after making a new backup) and still didn't work. No error screens came up and the loading screen basically froze
    I then tried making a Gold backup in the same steam folder as the original(I know the tutorial said not to) and did the whole deal and it didn't work.

I'm baffled.. Do I need RS 2.0 first? I hope the answer wouldn't be something as obvious as that..

Any help would be appreciated.

Buy stuff online for free
    Points2Shop

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

Yes, you need 2.0 installed first.

i don't think he needs to install 2.0 first... dvk should have fused the installers

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Basiliscus View Post
    Yes, you need 2.0 installed first.
    I did that and it now works. Thanks!

BUT, I think I found the error of my previous mistake and it's so simple that I'm ashamed actually lol. When asking upon your steam account name I just clicked okay on the generic name it gave and that's where I think the problem is. I now inserted my actual steam name after the fresh 2.0 + 2.5 install and it worked.

I'm such an idiot

Buy stuff online for free
    Points2Shop

So i cant seem to get the game to increase my campaign map resolution its stuck at a 16 bit low res and wont res i want it at 1680x1050

disregard that i did not notice that the preferences menu scrolled down
    Last edited by Roachbugg; January 05, 2013 at 05:06 PM.

EDIT: Listing issue fix for others. Had issue where game would not start from launcher and installer was giving an error message. I had steam version and had missed the step of copying RTW-Alex into RTW-Gold folder as described below. Works fine now. Many thanks.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386559

Instructions for Steam Installation

First, make a back-up of both RTW gold and Alexander (if you have it) to somewhere safe.[*]If you have only the gold version: Install RSII in an empty folder somewhere on your computer, then copy/paste its content to the rome total war gold folder. Answer yes if asked to overwrite.
    Everything should be ready, and you can start the mod with the launcher.[*]If you have the gold version and Alexander: Copy the content of the rome total war gold folder, and paste it inside the Alexander folder. Do NOT overwrite files. Then follow the same instructions as above, but inside the Alexander folder. You should now be able to play RTW, BI and Alexander from that folder.
    Last edited by mikwarleo; January 10, 2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Solved Problem

I know I'm gonna make people mad by asking...but...OP does not mention that 2.0 is required - rather he states that he fused all together.
    And even in the installation procedure, he does not mention the 2.0 step. Just after making sure Rome with the patches is installed, (1.6 for gold),
    you proceed with the 2.5exe.

Can you please clarify this, once again, sorry for bothering.

o7

Awesome job my good modders. I've just a new pc after years. Got me RS2.5 with the patch to 2.6 and got me Empire with darth mod. Great work

LOVE that it has Loyalty and that it decreases the longer generals are the the field... just awesome job. ONly drawback is the crappy diplomacy still but that isn't your fault. Cheers!.

PS: This is a double post yes. ANyone knows from ETW why siege battles end up in open battles? ... playing ETW after RTW siege battles are where I'm good at so... not having them is really annoying me.

Birk's Avatar Centenarius

If you get this error: "problem checking steam application."

Then you've followed the instruction on the first page correctly. Because installguide doesn't mention everything. I've added some last steps to make this game work for us Steam users.

Step: 1
    Run RS2 launcher, as Steam user you must click button which i marked.

Step 2:
    Then you click on the yes button.

Step 3:
    Then you enter your Steam account name:

Now it should work.

Basicly for us Steam users:

1. Download Roma Serectum 2.5
    2. Copy your Rome folder
    3. Install Roma Serectum 2.5 in the new Rome folder
    4. Run the launcher
    5. Click on the Steam: YES in the RS2 Launcher and enter you're steam user name. Then you're ready.

Last edited by Birk; January 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM.
    Birk Von Norway

Ok i have question, i download mode ease and install , and it work fine... But... i dont have faction Capua, and all other facton from patch 2.5? How to fix that... Please help??

I have a question about the Imperial reforms(not Marian), since I never got that far. When do the Imperial reforms happen, I mean, when does Rome turn from republic to an empire in Roma Surrectum 2.5?

It says I have 3 errors:
    1:
    "You dont have RSII installed in the correct folder. (C:\games\Roma Surrectum II) - I do have it installed there so I have no idea what that error is.

2:
    Engine: RomeTW-ALX.exe Faction Campaign -mod:play_seleucid

3: In total: `RomeTW-ALX.exe mod:play_seleucid-show_err-nm-movie-cam

I have Rome II Gold edition.

How I installed, just in case I did something wrong:

1. download RSII and put the .exe file in C:\Games
    2. Copied my Rome Total War Gold folder to C:\Games in which a "Rome total Gold" folder appeared. I renamed it "Roma Surrectum II"
    3. Start the RSII .exe file and direct the installment to C:\Games\Roma Surrectum II"
    4. Launch the game and press on the button here:

and filled out the rest.

5. Checked the boxes at the bottom for special effects, then chose Seleucids as faction, tried to start the campaign and all of those errors appeared.
    Last edited by The Norseman; February 06, 2013 at 09:10 AM.

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Not sure but, if your RTW:Gold/RS2 install is not located in the directory u keep your Steam games u could try to deactivate that option. Just a guess.

My RTW Gold version is in steam/steamapps/common/Rome Total war Gold.

I just copied the entire RTW Gold folder and did like I said above. They should really make a better guide on installment for steam users, it seems a lot of people are having difficulties with it.

I also tried to just install the RS2 then copy the files to where my Rome Total War Gold file was, but got the same problem, saying I didnt install the mod correctly. :/

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

There should be a video guide link somewhere explaining it step by step.

1. Disable UAC (start > search 'UAC')
    2. Download RS2 + patches if any exist.
    3. Extract the RS2 download into a tmp folder, if patches, overwrite.
    4. Download RTW, if Steam then make sure Steam is not located in c:\program files (or its x86 variant)
    5. (Optional) Merge RTW with RTW Alex, overwrite.
    6. Merge your tmp folder (Ctrl-A all files within folder) with your RSII install within your RTW folder (root) in steam directory, overwrite.
    7. If at any stage a launcher shortcut was made on your desktop change the path it leads too, since launcher is no longer located in your tmp folder. (~\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\launcher)

Game should now work i think
    Last edited by Drowsy; February 09, 2013 at 03:04 PM.