Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Download links for RS 2.5 and RS 2.6 Patch

Tiro

Default Re: Download link for RS 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    ModDB works only in certain countries now.
    Its Gamefront that works only in some countries. ModDB has always had server problems, and traffic overload. Just register a free account and ModDB will actually prioritize you for download.

Quote Originally Posted by Paedric View Post
    Not by me I'm afraid.
    The problem with a torrent is that someone has to seed it, and I simply can't. I'm moving to a flat tomorrow, and I've no idea if I'm going to have an internet connection, or how good it is going to be.
    Now if someone else want to create one, we can include the link, but we're not going to be responsible for it.

Isn't the new link working?

http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8798129/Roma_Surrectum_2.5.exe

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Hey guys, I hhave Rome Gold edition with Alexander and BI folders in the main RTW folder. Do I run the installer for the Alex or BI folders or the main RTW Gold folder? Thanks.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Please post new links ! Cant download it :/
    Please use uptobox or similar :/

<< The file you have selected (Roma_Surrectum_2.5.exe) is not available >> same with chrome / firefox / IE. Test from france

EDIT : with Jdownloader its ok, we can get around filters, and copy link of moddb and it work when we copy the link of << Embed Button >> it appear in jdownload and we can download it. Not very cool that moddb block french users :/
    Last edited by super_newbie_pro; October 05, 2013 at 10:20 AM.
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Kaiser Quanah's Avatar Libertus

Hello,

I installed Roma Surrectum II, and so far it works, but when I go to edit the preferences in the launcher, it gives me an error saying that the preferences folder and file does not exist. Could I have some help on why it is like this?

I have installed this mod twice, and still this error continues.

Libertus

do you need the older versions?I just downloaded 2.0 but, still need to download the other parts so i was wondering if I should just download this one instead.

love love love love this mod!

Correct me if I am wrong.
    I need RSII version 2.5 and finally 2.6 right ?
    Can't wait to play this mod

Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; November 06, 2013 at 07:00 PM.

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Well hello there, would you be so kindly as to show me how to download this mod and install it with RTW gold on Steam version, I only ask because I had many problems with TATW on MTW II so if anyone could give me the pointers I would be ever so grateful.
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Don't know if you read the first page of this thread or not if not here is the instruction for installing this mod Here are the complete installation steps for RS 2.5 using this installer.

1 Have a clean RTW install (that is, no mods installed in it or any modified files) patched to 1.5, plus any add-ons as applicable patched to 1.6 for BI and 1.9 for ALX.
    If you are unsure your install is clean, the best thing to do is to try to start a campaign.

2 Copy that folder, and paste it to the location of your choice.
    Do NOT put it in the Program files ! (For Steam users who have no choice, be aware that you may encounter some issues with the launcher.)
    The best thing to do is to create a new folder at the root of your hard drive (C:\ usually) called games, and copy/paste the RTW folder there.
    The resulting path would be C:\Games\RTW.

3 Check that inside this RTW folder, you have the exe(s), as well as several folders including data.
    You might want to rename the RTW folder to something like Roma Surrectum II.
    The new path is going to be C:\Games\Roma Surrectum II.

4 Double click on the installer called Roma Surrectum 2.5.exe (you might not see the .exe part if you have the file extension view disabled in windows).

5 Once you the installer asks you where to install RS 2.5, you'll have to click on the "Browse" button, and select the Roma Surrectum II folder we have just created. Click ok.
    Under "Destination Folder", you should now see the correct path, that is in our case : C:\Games\Roma Surrectum II.
    If you are in the least bit unsure about the installation path and this step, it is highly advised that you follow exactly the steps as described above.

6 Now click on the next button, and change the default name of the Start Menu item if you so desire.
    It is advised to leave it as it is.

7 The mod should install itself, as well as create a shortcut on your desktop.
    You should now be able to play RS 2.5.

Warning : It has been reported that the launcher does not have admin right by default.
    If you encounter troubles with the launcher, go to C:\Games\Roma Surrectum II\launcher.
    Right click on the Roma Surrectum II.exe file, select properties.
    Go to the compatibility tab (the second one from the left in WIN 7), and check the "Run as an administrator" checkbox.
    Apply the change, and it now should be ok.

So I copy/paste RTW files on C:, and I install the mod there, thats ok, then do I start the game from Steam or from this new folder? Secondly, should I delete the RS folder, and I start the game from Steam it will still start vanilla campaign?

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Start game from "Roma Surrectum II Launcher" Secondly theoretically yes as you'll potential have to entities of the game on your pc, however practically I'm not sure maybe some else could answer that definitively.

Well, thank you very much, I´ll be sure to post feedback if it works or not.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

OP links didnt work for me. I am downloading from here: megagames (first time I hear about this site)

Edit: After 3 hours downloading, invalid file (or something like that) message.
    Last edited by mishkin; November 24, 2013 at 02:23 PM.

Do I need to install BI as well as vanilla?
    The install notes are unclear (to me)!
    Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by jim600 View Post
    Do I need to install BI as well as vanilla?
    The install notes are unclear (to me)!
    Thankyou
    You can play the mod on BI or vanilla, whichever you prefer.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

God, this mod is beautiful !
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Are there any benefits of playing 2.5 over 2.6? If there is no reason this thread should probably be unstickied.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by sadlogic View Post
    Are there any benefits of playing 2.5 over 2.6? If there is no reason this thread should probably be unstickied.
    2.6 is a patch. It requires 2.5 as a base to be applied. 2.5 is the pre-requisite.

Unstickying this thread would render the mod extinct, undownloadable and unplayable for a whole lot of people, don't you think?
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

I see. Then yes, i do think it well would.