Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Download links for RS 2.5 and RS 2.6 Patch

Default Re: Download link for RS 2.5

Is RTW still on, or is it entirely shut down?
    If it's the former, it looks like you've got the bloom on, you can turn it off in the launcher.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Nevermind, I got it working thanks for the help though, just reinstalled it, it's a great mod.

I have also tried to play the game through steam. I have downloaded the file and installed it in the Rome Total War Gold folder. But when I try to launch it I also get a message if I did something wrong in three messages. It isn't working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paedric View Post
    What is (are) the error message exactly?
    Also, could you try to delete the file called launcher.ini located in the launcher folder.

Lastly, the install seems to have worked, so while we try to fix this issue, you can play by creating a shortcut for RomeTW.exe, and add the -mod: argument.
    Here is the list for all factions.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -mod:play_Armenia -show_err
    -mod:play_Arverni -show_err
    -mod:play_Belgae -show_err
    -mod:play_Boii -show_err
    -mod:play_Carthage -show_err
    -mod:play_Cimbri -show_err
    -mod:play_Dacia -show_err
    -mod:play_Gallaeci -show_err
    -mod:play_Greeks -show_err
    -mod:play_Macedon -show_err
    -mod:play_One_Turn -show_err
    -mod:play_Parthia -show_err
    -mod:play_Pergamon -show_err
    -mod:play_Pontus -show_err
    -mod:play_Ptolemaic_Empire -show_err
    -mod:play_Rome -show_err
    -mod:play_Sarmatia -show_err
    -mod:play_Scythia -show_err
    -mod:play_Seleucid -show_err
    -modlay_Sparta -show_err
    -modlay_Bosphoran_Kingdom -show_err
    -modlay_Capua -show_err
    -modlay_Bithynia -show_err
    -modlay_Galatia -show_err
    -modlay_Massalia -show_err
    -modlay_Syracuse -show_err
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

4. Double click on the installer called Roma Surrectum 2.5.exe (you might not see the .exe part if you have the file extension view disabled in windows).
    I've enabled the file extensions but I still can't open the setup file (which by the way isn't called Roma Surrectum 2.5.exe, but Roma Surrectum 2.5[1]). Any solutions?

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it.
    Last edited by Paraipan; September 27, 2012 at 06:16 AM.

Musashi's Avatar Semisalis

Strategy informer gave me a bad download, first link (whatever the name was) caused my Norton antivirus go deleting the file because it detected an attack, and downloading with crome the last link deleted the file automatically once trying to open it. Now trying the last link with Mozilla to see if it works.

Edit:Norton seems to think the downloads are all not to be trusted and destoyes them before I get to install or do anything. I realise that this might be just Norton acting over protective but it might as well be that the files are corrupted. I have now downloaded atleast 5 times from all of the links and they get either destroyed by the Norton or are corrupted to the point that they can't be installed.
    Last edited by Musashi; September 27, 2012 at 07:55 AM.
    Even if a thousand people believe in a lie, it's still a lie.
    Oh. If you don't understand my english then I'm sorry. I'm just bad at it. Now playing:

I get "Problem checking Steam application"

Did as you said, how to solve?

Now I can start the game via Steam, but It's only custom/historical battles! How to enable campaign?

If trying to start from exe in the launcher folder it gets Problem checking steam application.....
    I need help!! getting desperated and soon im going kill my dog
    Last edited by Timotheus; October 05, 2012 at 12:01 PM.
    "See that they are well supplied with beverages, with their drink avidity satisfied by giving them as much beverages they want. Then they will easily get defeated by their lust of yeast as by roman arms" Tacitus, Germania 23

Double A's Avatar person man

delete
    Last edited by Double A; October 14, 2012 at 08:35 AM.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

how can I create copy of RTW because I have mods installed. do I need to unistall all the mods or something?

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

You should be able to either copy your existing version to a new directory and rename it, or when you install a new version, don't use the defaults, which for RS is advisable anyway.

I am quite confused with your instructions here
    Alright so i installed the 1.3 gb successfully.
    I have a clean RTW install (i'm guessing that just means the RTW game).
    I have RTW on steam.
    Step 2 confuses me the most.
    Copy what folder? The RTW folder? or just make a new folder and rename it RTW and put it where i want.
    Yeah i really don't know what folder you're talking about.
    All i get from that 1.3 gb download is the Roma Surrectum 2.5.exe (basically the install)
    and then in step 3 what is the several folders including data...... i don't get that at all.
    Please help ty

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Why did you make the install so difficult for? There are like ten steps you have to take to install a simple mod.

Just sayin

Because those steps include stuff like "double click on the installer". Basically it's just "make the installer copy its stuff over clean RTW install". How is that difficult to you?

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Is there a movement mod to slow down the movements, I think its entirely too fast
    Last edited by airborne guy; October 30, 2012 at 12:31 PM.

Primicerius

Um, is this mod fully sub-foldered or does it take over the main installation? [A Steam user here]

I've been able to get RTR and EB running on Steam but both of those mods are fully sub-foldered.

Hi there!
    My problem might be solved already, but did not find anything that could solve my problem!

So I did everything as written in the big book:
    1.,Clean install of Rome - total war.
    2, patches all to 1.5
    3.Installed RS 2.5

Theres no subfolder like Rome surrectum! So I installed it correctly. (at least I think)
    I gave administrator premission to the launcher exe.

What my problem is:
    I start the launcher exe, then I select which total war I want to play with (RTW, RTW-BI, RTW-ALX)
    I choose RTW.
    Then I select the faction (for example rome)

So everything is selected and I'm in the main screen of the launcher.
    When I hit the button to start the game, it writes the reminder message, that 'Am I sure that I selected which faction I want to play with' then I hit YES and heres the problem:
    NOTHING HAPPENS!
    The computer is not loading or anything, theres no cpu usage from that program nothing.
    And the laucher kinda freezes, because I can hit all the buttons, but it wont do anything.

So what could be the problem? Is anyone else had this problem?

I also tried out that if I uninstall rome, delete everything, then reinstalled it. Even tried out this with the expansions! With both ALX and BI installed at once and with only the BI installed. Each time a clean install!
    But still not works!

I've spent nearly all my free time after work yesterday to get it work, so I would appreciate any help to solve this problem, because I really would like to play with this mod!

Thanks in advance!

PS.:
    The game itself is working, even with other mods.
    Last edited by Gülredy; November 06, 2012 at 05:51 AM.

I figured out my problem!
    I tried again today a bit fresher, and I got it working!
    It was my bad, because I didn't see that the steam option is on, and that was the reason it did not start!

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Strategy informer gave me a bad download, first link (whatever the name was) caused my Norton antivirus go deleting the file because it detected an attack, and downloading with crome the last link deleted the file automatically once trying to open it. Now trying the last link with Mozilla to see if it works.

Edit:Norton seems to think the downloads are all not to be trusted and destoyes them before I get to install or do anything. I realise that this might be just Norton acting over protective but it might as well be that the files are corrupted. I have now downloaded atleast 5 times from all of the links and they get either destroyed by the Norton or are corrupted to the point that they can't be installed.
    Norton is extremely unreliable nowadays unfortunately. About 10 years ago it was the best virus protection but it dropped in quality.

Ironically though with no antivirus annoyance problems for me I've had a serious issue with the moddb version of it where it was corrupted. Of course this could have simply been a problem of internet hickup some point. I managed to grab it off of strategyinformer and the installer works just fine.

Durepanya's Avatar Foederatus

Hm...I have a problem..The game works good but my problem is that I'm a bit lost and dunno what to do with launcher...I need to run the game trough batch 'coz there's no launcher...I mean I installed the mod first in a different folder then i copy-pasted everything in Rome TW game directory....I have a RS 2 launcher shortcut but is connected to the folder where I installed first the mod...Sorry for giving you a headach reading this.. Is there any way to change launcher's target location to actual folder?

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Durepanya View Post
    Hm...I have a problem..The game works good but my problem is that I'm a bit lost and dunno what to do with launcher...I need to run the game trough batch 'coz there's no launcher...I mean I installed the mod first in a different folder then i copy-pasted everything in Rome TW game directory....I have a RS 2 launcher shortcut but is connected to the folder where I installed first the mod...Sorry for giving you a headach reading this.. Is there any way to change launcher's target location to actual folder?
    Delete the shortcut. Then go to (your RS folder)/Launcher.

Right-click on "Roma Surrectum II.exe" and then select "create shortcut".

Copy&Paste the shortcut to your desktop and have fun playing.