Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Download links for RS 2.5 and RS 2.6 Patch

Default Re: Download link for RS 2.5

I used to have this working (on a different computer) but i know get an error message that leads to; scipt error in data\descr_event_images.txt Ln 2984 Col 1; Unknown event string - settlement rased
    can anyone help
    For King and Country
    Every one I give you
    King George his most Britanic Majesty

The fighting 95th, First in the field and the last out of the Fray

Why don't they have a Prussian Flag instead of German

Keep it up the good work with this mod. I would love to see a merge of RTR with RS 2.

Alright, well.

I have Roma_Surrectum_2.5.exe in my: C:\Games\Rome - Total War. I also have my RomeTW.exe in it.
    When I try to Run the Roma_Surrectum_2.5.exe it does this weird NSIS error.

It says some crap like:

Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy.

This shows up quite a few times. What do I have to do? I spent my whole afternoon yesterday, from like 3pm to 12am.
    Also, I didn't disable/enable the UAC part, since when I open the Roma_Surrectum_2.5 file, when it says "Run" it already says in the name of the file.

What's wrong with it?

Um disregard the first post.

But what happens if my UAC is already off? Because I don't understand this NSIS error.

I installed it but on the launcher I press play and it just stays on the launcher, I can't press anything else and I'll need to close it with task manager.. Any help to give?

Nvm on that, got past it, but now have another problem. Any faction I choose and start it, it goes to the description, then i click the campaign thing at the bottom and then click the arrow, but it always says "Please choose an item from the list". I cant get past it, then i exit the game and it says a script error " play_belgae/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 12, column 1

Any tips on getting the launcher to work with Steam?

<<Un collègue; un ami.>>

Vomar's Avatar Laetus

It's been a long time since anyone's whined about problems, but here I am. I at first got the same problem one person got which was "You did not install Roma Surrectum 2 into the correct folder (Roma surrectum 2 etc.)
    And two errors after that that didn't make much sense or tell me much, but this error stopped when I ran the mod through BI, but then the launcher would just stay there, not really frozen but it just stayed there, unable to close nor do anything. I tried merging everything in the copy of Rome total war gold I had copied in the steam folder, and put everything in there, but same thing happens, just sits there.

are there new download links? (torrent maybe) I can't download with neither of the ones on the first page.

Thank you for this! All of the downloads are working fine on my end. Torrent would be nice though, I could upload that.

crazy_glista's Avatar Libertus

srsly, no torrent files ever? Those downloads are so ****ing slow...

Last edited by Post Hoc; May 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Plutarch's Avatar Civitate

im getting the same NSIS error, ive tried everything as far as fixing it on my end is concerned with the http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Why_do_I_get_NSIS_Error. i wanted to play this mod, but its looking like too much of a hassle.

Under the Patronage of Bulgaroctonus

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Are there any other links for download? I can't download from strategy informer because the download always interrupts and at moddb my country is not allowed to dl because of their new dl policy. Anywhere else?
    EDIT: I just saw the torrent. Hopefully there are enough seeders.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Last edited by Post Hoc; May 20, 2013 at 01:58 AM.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Downloading. Thanks a lot to Post Hoc and the Hungarian guy

A small tribut and publicity about Roma Surrectum that i did on my channel .

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Yeah, I tried installing this mod, since my Rome 2 itch is just too strong right now lol

The mod sounds and looks great. While EB is a very venerable mod, in the end, I did not like them nerfing bows and arrow damage. As one of their slogans go, "EB: Proving the bow a coward's weapon"

I REALLY disagree with that statement and have found out that EB does cater to the heavy melee infantry crowd. So I just can't enjoy that kind of BIASED realism, not objective at all.

So, Roma Surrectum II seemed like the best, balanced from both worlds, not going too realistic (which really is just another person's perspective on realism), but focusing more on the fun.

I'm afraid however, I can't get it working with Steam.

1) If I install the mod in Steam's folder for Rome Total War Gold... it doesn't work

2) I tried making a duplicate, copied RTW contents into a new folder in C/Games/Roma Surrectum II. Installed the mod there. Still no go, searches for Steam, gah... and I'm trying to direct it AWAY from Steam

Please help! How to make this mod work with Steam!

For now, I'll just stick to vanilla RTW with All Factions mod 'cause it works lol

Best regards,
    Peace,
    TG

Quote Originally Posted by TuranianGhazi View Post
    Yeah, I tried installing this mod, since my Rome 2 itch is just too strong right now lol

The mod sounds and looks great. While EB is a very venerable mod, in the end, I did not like them nerfing bows and arrow damage. As one of their slogans go, "EB: Proving the bow a coward's weapon"

I REALLY disagree with that statement and have found out that EB does cater to the heavy melee infantry crowd. So I just can't enjoy that kind of BIASED realism, not objective at all.

So, Roma Surrectum II seemed like the best, balanced from both worlds, not going too realistic (which really is just another person's perspective on realism), but focusing more on the fun.

I'm afraid however, I can't get it working with Steam.

1) If I install the mod in Steam's folder for Rome Total War Gold... it doesn't work

2) I tried making a duplicate, copied RTW contents into a new folder in C/Games/Roma Surrectum II. Installed the mod there. Still no go, searches for Steam, gah... and I'm trying to direct it AWAY from Steam

Please help! How to make this mod work with Steam!

For now, I'll just stick to vanilla RTW with All Factions mod 'cause it works lol

Best regards,
    Peace,
    TG
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...or-help!/page2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-rep-for-help!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ered-for-steam

Titus-Pullo's Avatar Laetus

Hello, The links are dead ! Help.