Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Download links for RS 2.5 and RS 2.6 Patch

Default Re: Download link for RS 2.5

Hi, I'm just returning to this most awesome of mods and reinstalling today. I've set up my copied folders and downloaded 2.5 from the first download link, but chrome has blocked the file as it believes it to be malicious. Has anyone else experienced this?

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

"you dont have roma surrectum II installed in the correct folder"

i have it installed in C:/games/roma surrectum II

"engine: romeTW-ALX.exe, Faction campaign: -mod:play_rome_one_turn"

i tried it on alexander and standard rome tw, i also tried both rome campaign types

"in total: 'romeTW-ALX.exe -mod:play_rome_one_turn -show_err -nm -movie_cam'

what?

That path length seems weird.Did you install RS2 in the RomeTW folder?
    I also suggest using a shorter path length to avoid crashes.
    C:/RS2 instead of C:/games/roma surrectum II for example.

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

i found the solution, i had to start the game with the .exe in the launcher folder. i have a new problem that has arisen literally just now. the game crashed to desktop after losing the first battle against hannibal - between the results box and the loading screen to be more precise

Thats a path length crash.
    It can also happen for other reasons but they are rarer.(anti virus,memory leak)

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Help!

Do I need to download RS2 2.0 links anyone? Or can I just install RS2II 2.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    ...........? Or can I just install RS2II 2.5?
    Yes

Followed by 2.6 patch, of course......
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    Yes

Followed by 2.6 patch, of course......
    I only have the hard copy though. RTW is not installed on steam.

Basically this: I had a frustrated night having to install RSII on steam and then trying to lunch it. Reinstalled several times because the mod was launching, but it wasn't updated to 1.5

My friend, Alecwurmuth( project leader of AAW) told me that 2.5 was for hard copy( Since I have only the hard copy) and 2.6 was for steam. He said that since RTW patches had not been installed, the game wouldn't launch. So I press launched and the mod worked, only to find this script crashing error:

The crash error says Script error in data/descr_battle_map _lighting_and fog_control.txt, at line 9, column 1. Expecting reading ' min_light_intensity'. I am also getting this era, when launching an faction, I am getting :play_Parthia - show_err - when I launch the game, and now its saying nm movie cam.

Screenshot will be attached.

And now installing the RTW 1.3 and 1.5 is an tricky process:

I downloaded patch 1.3 for RTW, but when I launchthe game, no version of 1,3 is shown. My default locationis: C:Rome Total War.

How to fix???

So yes, if someone could help, help would be most appropriated!
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; July 25, 2014 at 04:14 AM.

playing M/M on roma surrectum, i just made a frontal and back assault on a light armored infantry unit with two of my spartan phalanx units, and it took them 10 mins to
    rout the sandwiched unit -.-

well it seems like phalanx capable units arent that powerful here anymore, i maybe exaggerating on the 10 mins part but still... the vanilla phalanx units should be able to rout any unit as soon as the unit is hit on their flanks

im just not sure which direction youre going with this mod, unit quality doesnt really matter anymore,

ITS ALL ABOUT NUMBERS!!!

if you have a lot of army, even if they are cheap units... you would still be able to give enough time to hold off the strongest offensive unit and wait for your cavalry to finish the job (even then it would still take a lot of time to rout that unit)

THATS ALMOST EVERY UNIT HAS A 30+ defense bonus

i get it that its a full conversion mod... but maybe you should stick to some of the areas which made the game awesome.

I really wanted to like this mod, I really do. I played over 12 hours of it, but then it wasnt just rome total war anymore. Like in the vanilla game, I could be confident and sure to fend of 10 units of hastatis and a couple units of missile troops with only 5 units of armored hoplites in open battle (playing hard battle), but this mod makes me unsure and shaky when the enemy outnumbers my army

btw, I LOVE the way you corrected all of the inaccuracy of the game, i have learned a lot from your mod history wise, KUDOS!

THATS ALMOST EVERY UNIT HAS A 30+ defense bonus
    The medium and heavy infantry units do, not almost every unit. They also have attacks and charge bonuses, which vary over a fairly significant range. That is the sort of thing you have to balance against defense, not just look at the raw number out of context, as if you could assume that is no different from the vanilla game.

Depending on the phalanx unit you're talking about, they're not particularly "offensive" in character. They are intended to pin the enemy down and be a defensive wall in your line. They will get the job done, but it takes time (probably only about 5 minutes of fighting in the game) if you do nothing else to support them with other infantry/cavalry charging in, ranged units harassing the enemy, etc. If you wanted every unit to do everything, it would be pretty boring in that you wouldn't need to do or think about anything. Just let the computer play itself and sit back, or even watch a "let's play" video, if that's how you find the game most enjoyable.

I really wanted to like this mod, I really do. I played over 12 hours of it, but then it wasnt just rome total war anymore. Like in the vanilla game, I could be confident and sure to fend of 10 units of hastatis and a couple units of missile troops with only 5 units of armored hoplites in open battle (playing hard battle), but this mod makes me unsure and shaky when the enemy outnumbers my army
    So you're no longer sure that you're going to win (but you still will win apparently, though it takes more time), when the numbers are more than 2-to-1 against you and they have a more diversified army? That's definitely not a bad thing. Do you want the game to make you feel comfortable and carefree, or do you want it to be at least in some way challenging?

EDIT: If it's really just a matter of not wanting to spend more time on a battle, and you really aren't interested in using anything remotely like battle tactics (as is evident by your complaint about a 2-phalanx "army"), try using the double-speed and triple-speed buttons. That will make it more like the vanilla game.

Also, there are no "hastati" in this game, so it's hard to even evaluate what you're saying here. So in addition to the specific phalanx units in question (levy pikemen?), which infantry and missile units are you even talking about?
    Last edited by Ovidius Empiricus; July 25, 2014 at 08:24 AM.

There is a submod that makes battles a little faster.I hope we get some battle speed launcher options in the next update though.

The reason why it seems that quality doesnt matter and numbers do is because of morale and really slow battles.
    Morale is too high which makes really weak units fight for a long time.This is actually a good thing because it opens up more tactics but when you add slow battle speed to this it really slows down things and makes battles a little boring.

Quality also matters but since its not very clear visually that they are better you get the impression that they are just a waste of money.

Thats why i think there should be battle speed options for people who dont want that level of accuracy or just dont have the time.
    Fast battles, Long battles(submod) and Historical(default) would be nice.

BTW about that battle. I dont think you should be too confident that you can take out 10 cohorts with 5 heavy hoplites.
    It doesnt seem right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    My friend, Alecwurmuth( project leader of AAW) told me that 2.5 was for hard copy( Since I have only the hard copy) and 2.6 was for steam. ...............
    This ^ is just wrong (and I have my concerns about some of the things I have seen about AAW too, but that's not for here).

v2.6 is the latest state of RSII. You take a clean RTW/BI/Alex (making sure they are at 1.5/1.6/1.9 appropriately); you then install v2.5; then you patch to v2.6 - both for hard copy (easiest) and Steam.

I do have a very old RTW 1.0 CD - way back when I did indeed patch to 1.1, then 1.3 and then 1.5. afaik those patches are still available out there and still work, but you must follow the instructions. It is then ideal to keep that clean install and make copies of it to play with, but leave the original alone.

My absolute best advice is to get a real copy of RTW Gold (I have 2 or 3 now), or the Anthology (not sure if all are there) from somewhere like amazon. It works a treat and can be kept well away from Steam.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Thanks for the replies guys,

In my understanding, Roma Surrectum 2 gameplay makes the battles intentionally longer as to make room for offensive and defensive tactics and completely disregards the vanilla units. There is no Spartan Hoplites-ish unit in this game which could rout a roman infantry (1 v 1) within 15-20 seconds.

I guess im just used to the vanilla game that everybody runs away as soon as they see that they are completely outnumbered. When in a dire situation, the mod gives you more time for a counter attack.

Am i missing anything?

RASNA warrior's Avatar Laetus

Hello I m a newbie, first of all I have to make amend for my english and please forgive me if some of the things I write may sound senseless... I have heard about rome surrectum 2.5 just few days ago (well to be honest I ve just get to know RTW world few months ago) then I ve seen how it works thank to some YOUTUBE vids and think it's awesome and want to play it.. ok now the problem , I ve tryed to download it (including the 2.6 patch) from Moddb.. ge.tt and strategy informer ... so I get the installation file both in .exe either with .zip extensions but once I launch it nothing happens.. do ya know any other download link where to get a good RS2 installer? thank ya in advance

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Hello, I haven't played RS for a long time and I am quite curious about the 2.5/2.6 version!

Unfortunately, I have problems installing the mod! I followed the steps described in the first post (clean install of Rome Total War and previous testing if game does funtion, generated a new folder with all data and exes inside, path C:\Games\Roma Surrectum II). After running the 2.5-installer and clicking on the RSII.exe on the desktop the game didn't start. Then I looked into the launcher folder to check the exe I only found the following exe.files...

- Compile Script to.exe
    - Preferences Editor.exe
    - RSII Multiplayer Launcher Setup(EDU 0.7).exe

...but no RSII Single Player.exe...can anybody help?

Cheers and Thanks!

Halvar

Hi alvar, where did U get the RSII 2.5 installer? unfortunately none of the copy I've downloaded seem to work!

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding installation with Steam, I have the RTW gold version in Steam and I had already installed Europa Barbarorum on it, it runs with no problem, I want to install RSII as well, and there begins my trouble, I have read the guide that you provided here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...or-steam/page1 And well, how can I make a clean copy, without messing up the EB files? will I still be able to play EB? and one more thing the part in your guide that says you have to add the faction you want to play with in the Target line, does that mean that if you launch RS you only get to play with the faction you selected from the start? I thank you for your attention and await your answer, cheers!
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Hi Rasna, finally I decided to take the old 2.0 installer in combination with the 2.1 + 2.1a + 2.5 + 2.6 patch (zip.download) and I got the mod running...!

Hi alvar so you run the 2.0 and patched it as you wrote? ok I'll try to do the same as you. hope it works out

Hi Alvar I finally got a 2.5 installed and patched with the latest 2.6... [to everyone] I did it all on a clean copy of RTW, as well as I run the RSII icon and start it I see the intro image of the mod for a certain lapse of time (the black one with roma on the background) unless it disappears to Windows desktop.. no error message displaied. lately I even tried to launch it with the exe in the launcher directory with the same sad ending... what the hell I do wrong? someone to help me outhere? thank ya guys