Thread: Greek historical thread

Default Greek historical thread

Hi every one, i know this is slightly off topic, but it does involve this mod to a certain extend..

I have always been interested in ancient greek history, even more so since this mod was born and has since grown!

Im interested in why each faction for this mod was choosen? Of course im sure you mod makers would love to have choosen more greek factions, but there is that small problem of faction limits

And does any one know of any great websites that go into great detail of greek history, especially details of every greek city state? the history, the culture, and epsecially the war elements!

[Massive Sig Here]

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Default Re: Greek historical thread

well the core Greek factions were choson as they were ones that had to be in Sparta, Athens Corinth, Thebes Argos etc Persia obviously chose themselves.

It was a bit of a mix really for the rest we chose factions that were important in this timeframe but also ones that would offer interesting gameplay, this meant the addition of northen barbarians, Thessaly, Carthage. factions like this that had a different army style to make it interesting not only to play as but also to fight agaisnt.. personally i cant wait to see how Syracuse copes with Carthage's army, how the Ionians cope with Persian Empires wealth of troop types etc.

As for the websites someone else can answer that
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone