Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RTR PE 2.0 Crash & Bugs Report

Default Re: RTR 2.0 Crash & Bugs Report

Dont know if this can be considereda bug, maybe Im just missing something, but Im about 15 turns into campaign for Rome, I hold most of Italy, I have at least lvl 1 port in each city, but I can only recruit ships from Tarentum. (and I cant see any special building, that would make difference)

Is there something I do wrong, or is there maybe some triggered event to give romans access to ships at some date, or is something plainly not right?

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Only provinces that have timber will be able to build ships. I would like to minimize the naval battles as since ETW it's no longer fun to play auto naval battles. Seems pointless. You can enable it back if you want from export_descr_buildings.txt

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

hmm I was just worried I wont be able to get a decent fleet to transport armies through mediterranean.

But if all factions have such a restrictions it means there are globally less ships.

Yes. All factions have that restriction. As Rome if you have captured Syracuse you already have highest level of ports I think.

The great divide , bug or not?

Nope. That's the original design to prevent Ptolemaic going west and Carthage going east.

Okay. Fixed the 2tpy roman leadership mod by changing the threshold. Still updating the winter stuff as it's still base on 4tpy method. No ETA for a patch date yet as those works while simple takes too much time.

Default Re: RTR PE 2.0 Crash & Bugs Report

Please delete, sorry.
    Last edited by Baron von Manteuffel; September 27, 2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Wrong thread, sorry.

Lethal Jakkson's Avatar Civis

i just installed this (in to my Steam RTR Alx directory) and set launch options but am getting a error this is the error;
    "Failed to read censored word dictionary file data//chat_filter.san"

I fold the .san file in the /data this is the wrong place for it isnt it? where shud i put it?

also i had a second perfrances folder witch i moved to the prefrances replacing the prefrances that where there already, was that wise?
    Working for myself for 3years and still finding time to play Total War

"power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you!" -
    Conl Sharp (Transformers)
    "wh
    at you talkin 'bout willis?"
    -Gary Coleman aka Arnold Jackson (Diff'rent Strokes)

That means it is not installed correctly.

Assuming your are using default Steam installation you should point the installer to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander

The chat_filter.san should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander\rtrpe\data folder.

Primicerius

Playing as romans, getting a persistent CTD in 252 summer upon clicking 'end turn'. Reloading from a few turns before that did not help: still a CTD in summer 252...
    Last edited by Slaists; October 08, 2012 at 10:01 AM.

Do you have back up saves earlier than that ?

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Do you have back up saves earlier than that ?
    Yes, I tried going back about 10 turns, didn't have the stomach to go further

I suppose something happening either to a faction or some character on that turn. The game never even goes into the faction scroll: crashes before it starts.

My guess is still because of some errant entries in traits and ancillary files. However I have never modded those files and not sure how to correct that. I might try reverting to vanilla files to see if it works but it's certaibly not save game compatible. In any case there's no much different from what I know since RTR 6 Gold which Platinum is base does not have many added new entries for those files, just some changes in stat, triggers etc.

Everything works fine except the battlefields look really weird and patchy (check out screenshot). Please advise?

http://screencast.com/t/nWMzOuxOk2zI

molls's Avatar Campidoctor

Is it just me or can certain barbarian factions not build their highest tier barracks?

For example; Illyrians:

Code:
    building barracks_britons
    {
        levels auxilia_phase1 auxilia_phase2 auxilia_phase3 muster_field
        {

[...]
            muster_field requires factions { britons, slave, } and building_present_min_level equestrian hippodrome
            {
                capability
                {
                    recruit "illyrian slaves"  0  requires factions { britons, }
                    recruit "illyrian warband"  0  requires factions { britons, }
                    recruit "illyrian hoplite light"  0  requires factions { britons, }
                    recruit "illyrian hoplite heavy"  0  requires factions { britons, }
                    recruit "aor gaul spearmen"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_gaul
                    recruit "aor gaul swordsmen"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_gaul
                    recruit "aor german warband"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_germ
                    recruit "german clubmen"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource baltic_coast
                    recruit "aor greece spearmen"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_greek
                    recruit "aor italy hastati"  0  requires factions { britons, } and marian_reforms and hidden_resource aor_italy
                    recruit "aor italy spearmen"  0  requires factions { britons, } and not marian_reforms and hidden_resource aor_italy
                    recruit "aor italy swordsmen"  0  requires factions { britons, } and not marian_reforms and hidden_resource aor_italy
                    recruit "aor macedon phalanx"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_mace
                    recruit "aor spain infantry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_iber
                    recruit "aor spain spearmen"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_iber
                    recruit "aor thrace infantry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_dacia
                    recruit "aor briton warband"     0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_celt
            recruit "aor briton swordsmen"   0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_celt
                    recruit "aor thrace light cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_dacia
                    recruit "aor gaul light cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_gaul
                    recruit "aor german lightcav"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_germ
                    recruit "aor greece macedon cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_greek
                    recruit "aor greece macedon cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_mace
                    recruit "aor greece thessalian cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource unit_thessa
                    recruit "aor gaul heavy cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_gaul
                    recruit "aor italy cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and not marian_reforms and hidden_resource aor_italy
                    recruit "aor thrace heavy cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_dacia
            recruit "barb chariot heavy aor" 0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_celt
                    recruit "illyrian cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, }
                    recruit "illyrian heavy cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, }
                    recruit "aor german batavian"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource w_germany
                    recruit "aor greece skirmisher"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_greek
                    recruit "aor italy skirmisher"  0  requires factions { britons, } and not marian_reforms and hidden_resource aor_italy
                    recruit "aor italy velite"  0  requires factions { britons, } and marian_reforms and hidden_resource aor_italy
                    recruit "aor macedon slinger"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_mace
                    recruit "aor thrace slinger"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_dacia
            recruit "aor briton slinger" 0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_celt
                    recruit "aor gaul slinger"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_gaul
                    recruit "illyrian slinger"  0  requires factions { britons, }
                    recruit "illyrian skirmisher"  0  requires factions { britons, }
                    recruit "illyrian heavy peltast"  0  requires factions { britons, }
            law_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { britons, }
                }
                construction  8
                cost  1500 
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }

looking up hippodrome

building equestrian
    {
        levels stables hippodrome
        {
            stables requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    happiness_bonus bonus 1
                }
                construction  2 
                cost  1600 
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                    hippodrome
                }
            }
            hippodrome requires factions { carthage, numidia, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek_cities, macedon, seleucid, roman, thrace, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    happiness_bonus bonus 2
                }
                construction  4
                cost  5000 
                settlement_min large_town
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }

Is this intentional?

i cannot play the 2.0 version of platinum.

i have installed Rome tw, BI and AX in one installation.

this is my target line for the desktop icon.

target: "D:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe"

and

"D:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War"

how can i play the platinum edition now?

Quote Originally Posted by molls View Post
    Is it just me or can certain barbarian factions not build their highest tier barracks?

For example; Illyrians:

Code:
    building barracks_britons
    {
        levels auxilia_phase1 auxilia_phase2 auxilia_phase3 muster_field
        {

[...]
            muster_field requires factions { britons, slave, } and building_present_min_level equestrian hippodrome
            {
                capability
                {
                    recruit "illyrian slaves"  0  requires factions { britons, }
                    recruit "illyrian warband"  0  requires factions { britons, }
                    recruit "illyrian hoplite light"  0  requires factions { britons, }
                    recruit "illyrian hoplite heavy"  0  requires factions { britons, }
                    recruit "aor gaul spearmen"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_gaul
                    recruit "aor gaul swordsmen"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_gaul
                    recruit "aor german warband"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_germ
                    recruit "german clubmen"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource baltic_coast
                    recruit "aor greece spearmen"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_greek
                    recruit "aor italy hastati"  0  requires factions { britons, } and marian_reforms and hidden_resource aor_italy
                    recruit "aor italy spearmen"  0  requires factions { britons, } and not marian_reforms and hidden_resource aor_italy
                    recruit "aor italy swordsmen"  0  requires factions { britons, } and not marian_reforms and hidden_resource aor_italy
                    recruit "aor macedon phalanx"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_mace
                    recruit "aor spain infantry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_iber
                    recruit "aor spain spearmen"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_iber
                    recruit "aor thrace infantry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_dacia
                    recruit "aor briton warband"     0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_celt
            recruit "aor briton swordsmen"   0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_celt
                    recruit "aor thrace light cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_dacia
                    recruit "aor gaul light cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_gaul
                    recruit "aor german lightcav"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_germ
                    recruit "aor greece macedon cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_greek
                    recruit "aor greece macedon cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_mace
                    recruit "aor greece thessalian cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource unit_thessa
                    recruit "aor gaul heavy cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_gaul
                    recruit "aor italy cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and not marian_reforms and hidden_resource aor_italy
                    recruit "aor thrace heavy cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_dacia
            recruit "barb chariot heavy aor" 0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_celt
                    recruit "illyrian cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, }
                    recruit "illyrian heavy cavalry"  0  requires factions { britons, }
                    recruit "aor german batavian"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource w_germany
                    recruit "aor greece skirmisher"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_greek
                    recruit "aor italy skirmisher"  0  requires factions { britons, } and not marian_reforms and hidden_resource aor_italy
                    recruit "aor italy velite"  0  requires factions { britons, } and marian_reforms and hidden_resource aor_italy
                    recruit "aor macedon slinger"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_mace
                    recruit "aor thrace slinger"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_dacia
            recruit "aor briton slinger" 0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_celt
                    recruit "aor gaul slinger"  0  requires factions { britons, } and hidden_resource aor_gaul
                    recruit "illyrian slinger"  0  requires factions { britons, }
                    recruit "illyrian skirmisher"  0  requires factions { britons, }
                    recruit "illyrian heavy peltast"  0  requires factions { britons, }
            law_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { britons, }
                }
                construction  8
                cost  1500 
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }

looking up hippodrome

building equestrian
    {
        levels stables hippodrome
        {
            stables requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    happiness_bonus bonus 1
                }
                construction  2 
                cost  1600 
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                    hippodrome
                }
            }
            hippodrome requires factions { carthage, numidia, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek_cities, macedon, seleucid, roman, thrace, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    happiness_bonus bonus 2
                }
                construction  4
                cost  5000 
                settlement_min large_town
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }

Is this intentional?
    Not really. The was some quick fix somewhere in this thread (also posted by others). I never seems to find the time to fix this unfortunately. Quick solution is to add britons somewhere within the hippodrome line.

hippodrome requires factions { britons, carthage, numidia, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek_cities, macedon, seleucid, roman, thrace, }

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    i cannot play the 2.0 version of platinum.

i have installed Rome tw, BI and AX in one installation.

this is my target line for the desktop icon.

target: "D:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe"

and

"D:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War"

how can i play the platinum edition now?
    Install in the default RTW installation. RTRPE folder must be on the same level as bi and alex folder.

The bug that seems to occur with me regards the UNIT_INFOS in game. When I right click any unit to read their description a brown peasant appears. Yet the Unit Cards are fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast