Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Metro Naval mod for RTRPE 1.9

Default Re: Metropolis&NavalMod for RTRPE1.6

Thanks it works perfectly now

I'm really enjoying this mod but have one problem- When I installed it, the music stopped. Theres no music on the campaign map or menu, ever, basically the only time I get it is in custom battles where I get the 'marching' music but not the 'battle engagement' music. I've double checked that I have my preferences.txt (the one in the mnmod folder) set to have music on. The other ones do too.

This is 1.5 on an unmodded version of 1.6 plat (which was on a fresh install). Using miles 2d audio. I had no problems with music before installing mnmod and everything else is working as it should.

I installed it step by step, I go to start the campeign and it just goes back to the main screen and when I click on the buttons It won't go any farther. It's like there is a map.rwn but I deleted all of them...

Maced0n's Avatar Domesticus

Copy all sounds .txt files from main RTR data folder to MNmod/data folder

@omgitsnuc1 Did you Install RTRPE over RTW1.5 or 1.6

That think hapend if you have RTW 1.3 or 1.4

RTW 1.5

I followed the steps completely, I've used alot of mods in the past, I also have BI 1.6.
    Last edited by omgitsnuc1; August 15, 2006 at 10:06 AM.

If you follow the steps completely ,there cant be any eror...
    try to install MNM aagain and point directly to your RTR directory

something else --did u have clean RTR1.6 ,becouse if u have some mod over RTR the MNM will not work

The only mod I had was a RRTPE 1.6 installed, and it worked because I loaded it.

i just tried it out, but it didnt make any difference. i copied every .txt file which had 'sound' or 'sounds' to the mnmod folder.

Hello everyone

Im trying to install RTRPE 1.6 with the Metro+Naval Mod but I cant get it to work.

Do you install the MN Mod in a seperate folder?

Do you install the fixes in the seperate MN Mod folder or in the Rome Total War Folder?

And whats mod:my_mod?

I will be very grateful for any help, cheers

@Dramascus then try this in MNmod\data there is a folder named sounds ,rename him(eg ;sounds)... maby this will help
    @CapnCrunch5697 in order to install MNM properly you must point installer in your RTR installation directory becoyse installer copy some files from main data folder to MNmod \data folder

and mod:my_mod means that MNmod is instlled in a separate folder , so you still have a clean RTR game (open main RTR folder and you will see a MNmod folder the mod is instaled there)

How do I get sound? I didnt hear anything so i deleted the file everyone was talking about. I can't remember right now. Still no sound.

O and macedon, so using BI is preferred?

Quote Originally Posted by Dramascus
    i just tried it out, but it didnt make any difference. i copied every .txt file which had 'sound' or 'sounds' to the mnmod folder.
    It worked for me after I copied the files and the sounds folder into the mnmod/data directory

So you went to The Creative Assembly - > (your copy of) Roime- Total War -> Data -> copied the <sound> folder to MNMod -> Data ?

@Stickmage
    No sound folder -- sound text files (.txt)
    and you can delete sound folder in MNmod if that can help..

Quote Originally Posted by Stickmage
    So you went to The Creative Assembly - > (your copy of) Roime- Total War -> Data -> copied the <sound> folder to MNMod -> Data ?
    Right. It only seems to work if you copy the sound files and the sound folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Maced0n
    Copy all sounds .txt files from main RTR data folder to MNmod/data folder
    I too am having the same problem with the lack of sound so I did copy all the sound .txt files from the main RTR data folder over to the MNm data folder with no change happening. As a brief aside, is it proper that all spear units fight in hoplite (incl. Triarii) phalanx formation but with the responsiveness/speed of a regular sword armed unit? I was so used to nailing slow moving units in phalanx formation with missiles. Anyway, back to the main query. What would be the specific files/folders (if any) that I should copy over to the MNm data folder that I might have missed? Simply put, going to the RTR data folder, are there any other files/folders other than the .txt sound files that I need to copy over?

Okay how do you get fix #2 to work. I downloaded that program but I dont know what to do next. Please help.

KaerMorhen's Avatar Vicarius

Hello up there!, little help needed please!. Currently I'm playing RTR PE 1.6 + M&NMod and really do enjoy the game. But one thing bothers me a little, I want to decrease the range of movement for all kind of units(army; fleet; agents), unfortunatly I've no idea how to do it. Well if any of you folks care to help me I'll be grateful thx!!!

Go to your RTRPE folder and open the file MNMod\Data\descr_character.txt and lower the value for "starting_action_points". That should do the trick.

Play Metropolis Mod! Less sieges, farming villages, really big cities, new buildings and much more...

"Never give up. Never surrender." - Tim Allen in "Galaxy Quest"