Thread: Military Access

Default Military Access

Military access can be a useful tool in your campaign, when used correctly.

1) Selling miliary access to a neighbor can sometimes temporarily keep the peace. Allowing them to move thru your territory to attack someone else instead of you.

2) Selling access can use up your neighbors income that might otherwise be spent on increasing their military or economic strength.

3) It can be used as part of the diplomatic process, sweetening the deal enough for another clan to ally, trade or join war with you.

4) You can sell access to several clans then use that income to buy access from another clan, allowing you to move thru their territory to attack an enemy clan.

5) You can give or sell military access to an ambitious neighbor(allied or not) in the hope that they will assist you against a common enemy(If timed correctly they may even arrive to reinforce your troops)

6) You can trade military access with a neighbor to allow you to move thru their territory. An example would be giving them 10 turns of access to your territory while getting 5 turns of access to their territory.

7) If you sell military access to a number of surrounding clans then it can provide you with a large amount of income that can be put to good use.(example below)

Kozuke-no-Sanada(hard difficulty)

Below our some pics of the first few turns. After this you can wait for someone to attack you or join an ally to expand or sit and turtle awhile if you prefer. A general rule I use when selling military access early like this is to get at least 2000 for selling 20 turns of access, sell them indefinite access only if their down to their last province and your 99% sure they'll be wiped out soon. After their access declines to at least 15 turns remaining you can usually get about a 1000 for selling 5 turns or more. Giving you an ongoing income burst with friendly neighbors that you don't intend on attacking, throughout the campaign(providing they have the income available).

Also Li and Naoe would like to attack you so recruit a decent force to keep them at bay. I decided to expand some, I'm at 9 provinces in 1600. I figure I've brought in 40,000 in income from selling military access, possibly more. Allowing me to build Kozuke up to a castle and paying for other improvements, agents and units.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Default Re: Military Access

Thats it.

This is the final incentive. I will now heartily enjoy a campaign based around one of the Kansai clans. Like Ishida, I'll act as some toll booth for other clans to go through. Mwuahaha! Genius wealthmonger! Genius!

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII