Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of the Golden Land Mod

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Kingdom of the Golden Land Mod

Eldren does mention:

2) We have not gotten around to replacing the Huskus faction banner to the KotGL's Banner.
    Also, I thought that the Link to the Past Sprites were a nice touch.

As for the KoH's units in custom battles, I can see why they are there, but the KotGL does have a large enough roster to compensate for their loss.

Overall, I enjoyed using these guys in custom battles. My rainbow army, though smaller than some, proved quite competent. I can see you made them quite dependent on their special abilities in order to gain that edge over other armies. I don't think my men would have performed as well without shield formation or the chanting to hold their morale. For the record, here was the result of the first battle, using mostly randomized armies and 10k rupees a faction:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Campaign still needs work: spawning on turn 1 prior to any units appearing in settlements can be exploited massively. The Kokiri were extinct by turn 4. You have the Golden Land as a faction pretty much down though. Keep at it guys.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeford View Post
    I have just played this mod and I have to say that you guys did an excellent job creating this faction!

I also have some criticism.
    -Golden Land uses the Huskus banner. I understand this isn't complete but it can't be that hard to switch out the symbol can it?
    -I dislike how the unit cards are the A Link to the Past sprites, though I can understand why you guys would have wanted to be that way so maybe this is just a matter of opinion.
    -The Golden land can use some of the Kingdom of Hyrule's units in custom battles. This should be changed.
    -The Golden land I think might be a wee bit overpowered, but nothing to bad.

Other then that though all I can really say is... good job!
    Well, in order of your complaints, the huskus banner will be replaced, and soon.
    The unit cards are actually temporary until I have the normal maps done. My image editor doesn't really do that, so I am putting it off until the end when I manage out how gimp works. though I am fine with keeping them if the aren't too unlike the others that is causes problems.
    Those units will be done away with as soon as possible
    and finally yes Golden Land is a bit powerful. All of the factions in the game are really two dissimilar to compare it to KotGL to make overall judgements, so I use Hyrule as a base and when I get the results I want, I keep it. SO, I really dont know if it fits into the game overall yet until I get it all done and fully into the campaign (what we have now is just a test run really). The prices for the units in the custom battle is actually an older versions. I did rebalancing, bit didn't change the prices yet. So the units wll probably be harder to finance thus making unit to unit OP'ness less because of less KotGL units. I will have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    Eldren does mention:

Also, I thought that the Link to the Past Sprites were a nice touch.

As for the KoH's units in custom battles, I can see why they are there, but the KotGL does have a large enough roster to compensate for their loss.

Overall, I enjoyed using these guys in custom battles. My rainbow army, though smaller than some, proved quite competent. I can see you made them quite dependent on their special abilities in order to gain that edge over other armies. I don't think my men would have performed as well without shield formation or the chanting to hold their morale. For the record, here was the result of the first battle, using mostly randomized armies and 10k rupees a faction:

Campaign still needs work: spawning on turn 1 prior to any units appearing in settlements can be exploited massively. The Kokiri were extinct by turn 4. You have the Golden Land as a faction pretty much down though. Keep at it guys.
    Well, honestly I am still finishing up playing CoW (I LOVE ALL DA FACTIONS), so I have not played the campaign for HTW yet. I'll probably have to spend some time getting the suddleties of how ths mod works to get a good campaign going. (like in how in CoW, if an army isn't a full stack it really can't call itself an army, or in TATW the forced tech levels makes initial expansion work much differently especially with the garrison script, though usually I remove that first thing as it has broken some campaign before in manners that are cheap and not fun)

I will have to say, expect the mages to change alot for the next version, espcially becuase I asked Neph how to mod missile effects and he was awesome and made a whole tutorial.

EDIT: oh yah, and thanks for both of your replies! it really helps to know somebody besides us is interested this submod.
    Last edited by Opus; March 26, 2014 at 04:28 PM.

@ All.

Hi every body. We at the "Kingdom Of The Golden Land" Mod are looking for feed back on our mod. Any and all feed back are welcome.
    Try out the Free Form Campaign and custom battles. Then let us know your thoughts. We'll be listening, And We hope you have fun with our Mod.

This is the Newest Release we have.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xq7bu8oq1ol8wq2/alh9XvsjOv

Make sure to follow the installation instructions below.

Remember to follow these steps.
    (Step 1A) If you are using a hard copy of the Medieval II: Total War game. Follow this instruction.
    (so as to not damage your existing Hyrule Total War folder)
    Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods folder and make a copy of your Hyrule Total War folder. Name the new one something like HTW_Golden_Land (no spaces, it doesn't like that). Go into the bat file and Configuration file and change all instances of the word Hyrule to whatever you named the new folder (otherwise it won't work properly).

(Step 1B) If you are using Medieval II: Total War on Steam. Follow this instruction
    (so as to not damage your existing Hyrule Total War folder)
    Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods folder and make a copy of your Hyrule Total War folder. Name the new one something like HTW_Golden_Land (no spaces, it doesn't like that). Now make sure you apply the new mod to your "Kingdoms Launcher App" Program (otherwise it won't work properly). If you don't know what that is. Here is the Link. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?410461-Creating-a-World-Mod-Install-for-Steam

(Step 2)
    The post Opus made in the thread announcing our progress has a file attached to it(This file is now in this post). Download it, then extract the contents to your desktop. Then drag and drop the files into your folder that you copied and renamed from Hyrule. Hit Yes for everything that pops up

(Step 3)
    Create a shortcut if you want, then use it to enjoy the Kingdom Of The Golden Land mod.

If you have any questions or need help with this mod. Let us know, and we will help/answer you as soon as possible.

Enjoy.

Edit: If you wish to do Bug testing for us. Feel Free, and let us know what you find.
    Last edited by Eldren; April 05, 2014 at 02:44 PM.

@ ALL

So what is some things you all would like to see or happen for this Mod?
    Speak you mind every one. We would love to have your thoughts.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    @ ALL

So what is some things you all would like to see or happen for this Mod?
    Speak you mind every one. We would love to have your thoughts.
    Sense you are making a game about ALTTP I think it would be awesome if their was a Dark World inspired faction! You guys did a good job creating this faction though.
    Last edited by Jakeford; July 02, 2014 at 03:31 PM.
    https://www.battleforthenet.com/
    Go to this site and call your congressmen!
    Do not le the FCC destroy net neutrality in America!
    On Dec. 14 the FCC will vote on whether to destroy net neutrality or not! Congress can stop them beforehand, so tell congress and the FCC that you don't want them to ruin the internet!

"News Update"
    So this is the current plan. But things may change depending on what our team wants to happen for this mod.

1) I plan on making our mod a new era. Like the Great Sea Expansion Era or the Termina Expansion Era in HTW.
    Hyrule Total War: The Golden Land Era will incorporate the Kingdom of the Golden Land, the Horde of the Dark World, And Realm Of Ice.
    It will take plays after/same time as the Great Sea Expansion Era. But with many "what ifs" and "did not happens".
    In this Era Agahnim has yet to betray Hyrule, And the Massive flooding that took place just after Majora brought the moon closer to the Earth, Was quickly subsided do to Mass Ice growth in the north.

2) I'm Replace or remove Absent factions that don't matter in most Campaigns some one plays. We need the extra Factions and unit slots.
    The Zolas, Wizzrobes, Ikona, Stolfos, and Sheakia, along with the Church of Majora and Occoo are being removed.
    Because they are Absent factions to the campaign that do not matter if they are in unless you are playing them.

3) The HotDW will Replace the Zolas(River Zora) And Ikona. It will use the Zolas Recruitment style. But start at the Ikona mountain range.
    The RoI will start Next to the Coast North of the Gorons and West of the Fairies.
    The KotGL will change starting locations to the "Fort of Wings" south of the Huskus City.

4) All 3 new factions have over sized rosters. So we need the extra space in the export_descr_unit file.
    We can make sub-modes to accommodate people's preferences of what factions they want back in.

5) The KotGL Building tree will go like this.
    Spoiler for KotGL Building Tree

The KotGL Army is quite Versital and capable But Expesive to Train(Not mantain) do to their quality of training. A settlement Must chose which way it will go in supporting The Golden Lands Cause. They have 3 sets of troop types. That they can get. Light, Medium and Heavy Troops. But only one set can me gained in a settlement. Along with the set of troops, a settlement can Erect a college of magic to be studied. One of Fire, Ice Or Earth, but only one can be gained per settlement. Other than this a Settlement can Build a Siege Lab designed to build Pacific Siege Engines. Only one of the 2 types of Siege Engines can be gained in a settlement. Lastly the Locals can be called upon to Fight if needed. The more you provide for them the more will join your cause.

Spoiler for Local Troops Recruitment

Farm Level 1:
    Peasants

Farm Level 2:
    Peasants
    Beekeepers

Farm Level 3 & Up:
    Peasants
    Beekeepers
    Mines

Spoiler for Troop Sets (Light, Medium, Heavy)

Spoiler for Light Troops

Light Barracks with Villige:
    Recruits

Light Barracks with Town:
    Add Light Swordsmen
    Light Barracks with
    Large Town:
    Add Light Tridents
    Light Barracks with City:
    Add Tussock Rangers

Light Barracks with Villige or Higher With Animal Ranch:
    Add Recruit Messagers

Spoiler for Medium Troops

Medium Barracks with Villige:
    Swordsmen
    Medium Barracks with Town:
    Add Archers

Medium Barracks with Large Town:
    Add Blue Spearmen
    Medium Barracks with City:
    Add Assualt Troopers
    Medium Barracks with Large City:
    Add Bombers

Medium Barracks with Town or Higher With Animal Ranch:
    Add Light Cavalry

Spoiler for Heavy Troops

Heavy Barracks with Town:
    Tridents
    Heavy Barracks with Large Town:
    Add Red Spearmen
    Heavy Barracks with City:
    Add Blood Tridents
    Heavy Barracks with Large City:
    Add Blood Bombers

Heavy Barracks with City or Higher With Animal Ranch:
    Add Blood Chariots

Spoiler for College

"Requires Large Town to build Colleges"
    Fire College:
    Bombos Mages

Ice College:
    Ether Mages

Earth College:
    Quake Mages

Spoiler for Siege Works Lab

"Requires City to Build Labs"
    Gun Powder Lab:
    Light Mortar

Oil Lab:
    Fire Cannon

Spoiler for Special Buildings

Spoiler for Buildings that can be built

Head Quorters for the Golden Land: Requires Town level and Cost 5000 Rupees to be built.
    Can train Agents: Priests, Diplomats, Murchents, Spys, and Assasssions.
    Can train troops: Combat Priests

Spoiler for Buildings that can not be built

At Temple of Time:
    Can Train Golden Shields

At Temple of Vigjaro:
    Can Train Golden Maces

At the Shadow Temple:
    Can Train Iron Wardens

Last edited by Eldren; July 29, 2014 at 08:37 PM.

I'm glad that this submod is breaking away from the ridiculous fanfiction that the main storyline of H:TW has become, but aren't the River Zora a key race in ALTTP? At that point in the timeline, the Zora Domain is not even within Hyrule, having been overtaken by the hostile Zola.
    Last edited by HolyBob; July 30, 2014 at 10:39 AM.

That's an excellent argument you bring up.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Does this use the same map as HTW?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    That's an excellent argument you bring up.
    I've always pictured that, at that point in Hyrule's History, the Zora had fled east towards Labrynna (which would explain their presence in Oracle of Ages) and the River Zora had occupied their land and formed a quasi-nation.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyBob View Post
    I've always pictured that, at that point in Hyrule's History, the Zora had fled east towards Labrynna (which would explain their presence in Oracle of Ages) and the River Zora had occupied their land and formed a quasi-nation.
    Good point, We will have to consider replacing Zora Dominion with the Zolas. And changing the zola's recruitment to be for like the Zora Dominion to reflect how much of a foot hold the Zola's have in Hyrule in this Era.

Any other thoughts HolyBob?

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    Does this use the same map as HTW?
    So fare, yes.

@ all
    This is the music I listen to when programing HTW: GLE. It helps with motivation lol,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLzWixlyXMM
    Last edited by Eldren; July 30, 2014 at 02:17 PM.

Well, generally, I would like to see this mod really embrace what a Hyrule Total War should be. For example, I loved UN's take on Ganon, the Twili civil war, and even his explanation for how the Gohma gained their intelligence and took over the swamps. However, I also feel as if the main game is slowly slipping into somebody's own work of fiction instead of a serious story set to what we know and can surmise from The Legend of Zelda series. The lore for this submod is superb, Agahnim's history as a man of the people and religious provocateur really sets the tone of the Hyrule Civil War, even in the alternate universe that you propose. His motivation and pretense of placing a man on the throne (King Ruprecht, right?) is believable and fits the storyline. In a perfect world, I would love to see a slightly more focused map based within Hyrule's borders (this would include most of Death Mountain and what used to be Zora's Domain, of course) and the outskirts of the Geurdo desert and Southern forests. Previous Total War expansions that focus on a particular region often add more settlements to compensate for the lack of vastness. As you said there are some factions that would have no significance in the plot and can be removed and replaced (Darknuts, Ikana, Kokiri, Deku Tribes, Fairies of Tarm just to name a few). This leaves a reservoir of ideas open to fill the gap of thse factions. Perhaps have The KoGL and loyalist Hyrule be the main powers of seperate coalitions? One scenario I imagine would be the player trying to get the neutral Shiekah Cadre to fight against the enemy alliance. This also gives the chance for hostile neutral factions like the Zola to make some land grabs. A very lore appropriate move on their part. I have many more ideas, but the main point is that it would be a real shame to see this potentially wonderful campaign become a different colored clone of the main H:TW. The KoTGL submod really needs to accentuate that this is a mod based on some elements of A Link to the Past, and make an attempt at being a very believable piece of Hyrule's History.
    Last edited by HolyBob; July 30, 2014 at 03:40 PM.

First of all, love the submod. Seeing the old LTTP knights in-game is a real treat!

Second of all, I can't seem to play freeform campaign. Everytime I try to start it up it crashes immediately. Any idea what might cause that?

Quote Originally Posted by PursuingSelena View Post
    First of all, love the submod. Seeing the old LTTP knights in-game is a real treat!

Second of all, I can't seem to play freeform campaign. Everytime I try to start it up it crashes immediately. Any idea what might cause that?
    1) I'm glade you like it.

2) I'm not sure. It is possible that our last version of KotGL Mod, is no longer compatible with HTW, Whether it is do to our mod being for 3.5 and not 3.6, Or if it is Because of they don't mach up with the Community Patch Fixes.

We are currently trying to make the newest Update to our mod and home to have it out soon. But we may have delays depending on our teams schedules.

I'm very interest by this submod and will test him as sonn as I can

But I'm not sure to have all understand for factions. You will remove many faction and add units at other factions ?

If lanayru and Ordona are presents I have Ideas for this factions. They could have to choice between

-Rest loyal at Hyrule, they begin campaign allies with Hyrule and enemies with KotGL. They can recruit many hyrule troops (hyrule soldier for example)

-Traitor Hyrule and join KotGL. They become allies with KotGL and ennemies with Hyrule. They can recruit many KotGL troops (light infantery for example).

-Become Independant, begin not ennemies with one faction but have bad relation with KotGL and execrable relation with Hyrule. Not news unity.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    1) I'm glade you like it.

2) I'm not sure. It is possible that our last version of KotGL Mod, is no longer compatible with HTW, Whether it is do to our mod being for 3.5 and not 3.6, Or if it is Because of they don't mach up with the Community Patch Fixes.

We are currently trying to make the newest Update to our mod and home to have it out soon. But we may have delays depending on our teams schedules.
    That might be it, then. There are no issues with custom battles, so I can still get plenty of enjoyment out of the mod.

Question about your news update though, why is the KotGL starting so far from Hyrule?

Being the resident concept artist for the mod and generally rubbish at coding and/or modeling, I figured I'd try to make myself useful and stop by and see what questions I can answer. I don't have all of the answers, though, so if I ignore anyone's questions it's because I'm not qualified/authorized to say much on it. That said I'll do my best to answer the questions I can.

Answering why the KotGL starts so far outside of Hyrule proper, well, it's a couple of things. Most importantly to the story is that it's simply easier to get on your feet this way - successful revolts don't simply rise from nowhere all at once. Distance is thus your friend, allowing you to get a feel for the way things work and build a bit of strength before going into a full-blown civil war, and giving you time to plan your eventual conquest of Hyrule. One of the imperatives is that the player has to be able to get a strong enough economy going to unlock some of the higher tier troops and further promote the war effort, and if the entire Kingdom of Hyrule were to be breathing down your neck right from the get-go, well, you're going to have a bad time.

Can somebody tell me what exactly this mod is? The first post has a faction list consisting of one faction I think and I generally get confused as to what this does.

I'll take this one too:

This submod aims to add not only a faction based on A Link to the Past (with some FSA mixed in), but also (eventually) a story-driven campaign. I'd go into more details but I'm not really sure how much more I'm allowed to say, except that we're attempting to keep it somewhat more tempered than the lore in Hyrule: Total War.

I'll say more as soon as I'm sure I can - I don't want to inadvertently spoil anything for anyone.

Alright, Thanks.