Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of the Golden Land Mod

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Kingdom of the Golden Land Mod

Wait, as in how it appeared in game?

Simple. It does exactly what it says on the tin.

These bomb mines could appear randomly, mostly if you were cutting bushes. The occasional grass also contained these mines, but that was very uncommon.

They were simple, really. You could set them off with your sword if you didn't want to get hurt, but otherwise they detonated the instant you walked onto them. They didn't deal much damage. There was no set spawns for them-as long as it was bush, it could have a bomb underneath.

Arise, my army!

I have no idea why Eldren asked that, or at least why he asked the way he did. But really what we could use is ideas to make them work in this game.
    Me, personally, I'd like them to replace palisades for this faction, but I'm not sure how feasible that is (please tell me it wouldn't affect all factions in the same culture group...)

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    I have no idea why Eldren asked that, or at least why he asked the way he did. But really what we could use is ideas to make them work in this game.
    Me, personally, I'd like them to replace palisades for this faction, but I'm not sure how feasible that is (please tell me it wouldn't affect all factions in the same culture group...)
    By "replace palisades" you mean that for a settlement or fort, it would use these little 'splody bits instead of having wooden palisades? If that's your meaning, then it would absolutely affect the other members of the culture group.

Edit: Also, I'm back. Have I missed much in the last few months?

I did! I've been way too busy to do anything with the ancillaries thread and without your excellent contributions it died down.

Anyway, I was really thinking of the ones put up by archers... same thing?

OH! The "sharpened stakes" special ability! I see what you mean now. THAT would be fun! Implementing it as a unit-specific special ability would be a good way to do it, and it wouldn't affect whole other factions.

Also: should I break out the jumper cables and get the ancillaries thread by its tender bits? I may have some time tomorrow to practice my thread-necromancy.

Basicly, we'd need to make it so that they are (nearly?) invisible and explode on contact, harming the enemy unit as well as disabling themselves (mines don't go off more than once, especially rudimentary ones).
    I can see them causing a lot of cursing

And sure, I'd love to give the ancillaries thread another try.

I'm pretty sure that's doable. The sharpened stakes, once placed, effectively deactivate under certain conditions. I'm not sure whether that's based on damage done to them or by them to the enemy; I know getting trampled by elephants tended to make them disappear-- this was doubly true if the elephants were moving through them and NOT getting impaled. I'd occasionally have to order elephants to take the closest path to an approaching enemy, which meant they'd trample my placed stakes; by the time the elephants had moved through, only a handful of the stakes remained.

If we can find out what the trigger is, I'm sure we can tweak it to be appropriate for an improvised minefield.
    Last edited by Ulfgard the Unmaker; October 20, 2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Grammar

Awesome!

@ Ulfgard the Unmaker
    not quite what i meant but the info you gave was helpful. thanks . I was looking for cannon lore on them. their not mentioned on any Zelda site i can find. and the only pix i can find on them was this one.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgard the Unmaker View Post
    OH! The "sharpened stakes" special ability! I see what you mean now. THAT would be fun! Implementing it as a unit-specific special ability would be a good way to do it, and it wouldn't affect whole other factions.
    I've actually looked into this concept of duplicating the stakes ability so it's different for various factions. For instance I wanted the Kokiri to be able to place barriers and walls and the Gorons to set bomb flowers as mines. After experimentation though it seems it's completely impossible to have more then one type of stake in the game at once. Unless someone else knows how.

there is 3 variants of bomb mines we are considering. a Defensive Emplacements mine field. {where they are a unit.}. employable bomb mines a replacement for sharpened stakes. and a mine detonator. a Defensive Emplacements ranged unit/tower that mimics a mine field.

even though all who played ALTTP know of these bomb mines. I can't find a shred of evidence of their existent out side to game. except that pix i showed. so making it according to cannon lore. is a problem.
    Hopefully some one knows something about them. beside what they show in game.

about this
    Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I've actually looked into this concept of duplicating the stakes ability so it's different for various factions. For instance I wanted the Kokiri to be able to place barriers and walls and the Gorons to set bomb flowers as mines. After experimentation though it seems it's completely impossible to have more then one type of stake in the game at once. Unless someone else knows how.
    if you can make new ability's[fire arrows, wedge formation] like shield walls and skater. then you make a new ability called place barriers and assign it to the unit you want to have that ability. I think the resin you can't change them with out changing it for all, is possibly because its assigned to all the same units. changing the sharpened stakes. would change it for all who had it assigned to them.
    of cores that could be a du, and I'm not helping. Ive not studied the program.
    Last edited by Eldren; October 22, 2012 at 12:42 AM.

the Gorons to set bomb flowers as mines. After experimentation though it seems it's completely impossible to have more then one type of stake in the game at once.
    FFFfffffff--

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well THIS place has been empty for a while. Opus, why haven't we been updating this thread? I think it's lonely.

I agree with Ethereal. hopefully Opus is up for having the full unit list shown to you all soon. if not, We will try our best to do so. at least I will. I shouldn't speak for the others.
    Last edited by Eldren; November 03, 2012 at 04:13 AM.

Last time I checked he wanted to keep some surprises (several of which I ended up spoiling anyway lulz)

I thought you guys wanted surprises. I updated the first post. Some of the descriptions are by Duke and Eldren. Squeaks has promised to teach me how to UV map and rig my models so we really just need a skinner right now.

*lol* Why the question marks next to Sir Zanji?
    BTW, Ruprecht's BIO will need to be updated (EL916 poitned out a plot hole it creates)

Also, I think you uploaded the old helmet design (regular helm, not the assault trooper one) by mistake (you know, the one kina like the Goron symbol).

If this faction isn't made playable, rage will be had.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlyDark View Post
    If this faction isn't made playable, rage will be had.
    And it will be delicious and served with cold vengeance.