Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Submod Campaign

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Submod Campaign

Thanks Ralph, I know nothing about models, but if you could convert an officer it would be great. Otherwise, I can ask Husserl if his ETW models can be converted. And thanks, I'll fix the buildings myself. Better that way anyway. Did you by any chance make banner symbols for the factions? I have no clue how to do that, so if you didn't the players might be stuck with Scotland's and the Rome TW SPQR's symbols (saltire cross and eagle are the best I have access to).

And thanks Nirnaeth. I've wanted to see a campaign since I downloaded the mod before the last update, and now I've decided that by golly there's going to be one.

Domesticus

Hah, kickass! I was thinking about a civil war mod the other day.... Have a later 1800s thing, and the American Civil War being a submod, or just have the Confederacy pop up as an emergent faction

Definately will get this if you get it out...I take it I would download the mod proper, then your submod?

Also, just for a fun suggestion, in the future, maybe make more factions, such as Mexico, Native Americans, Britain, Colonial Powers in the Carribean(expand the map, not sure who was still left there though...1800s isnt my best knowledge of history)

1. Yes, DL the mod first and then (when this comes out) this submod. The mod is worth DLing anyway, if it weren't I wouldn't be doing this.
    2. I will get it out, school actually got time-consuming and I'm too exhausted lately to mod. It will continue though.
    3. Those factions are "included", but will likely be rebels in the first release as I need to figure out how to add factions and units. Even then, though, unless I get a modeller and skinner they'll be using the vanilla renaissance units.

At some point this will resume.

And we'll all be waiting, of course. Good luck.

Plus rep for such determination too.
    that_one_guy: Just your friendly neighborhood grammar Nazi.

Domesticus

You have created the campaign map?

A map beta or alpha to change a little at a time?

I recommend doing a campaign with only 2 factions.

Let me know!

I can help!

Centenarius

Can you reupload the mod?
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Sir Mano's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    Can you reupload the mod?
    the link does work, just tried it my self

I f you haven't clicked on one of these images, there is something wrong with you

Centenarius

Sorry sir, i have typed wrong. Can you please or anyone else upload the mod to another file hosting site or maybe a torrent because gamefront has banned many countries including mine and some of us can't download from there.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=575968

Sir Mano's Avatar Civis

I can try uploading it on dropbox but do I need to have permission for it?
    Last edited by Sir Mano; December 15, 2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: trololooloooooooo

I f you haven't clicked on one of these images, there is something wrong with you

Centenarius

I don't know, you can try asking one of the moderators or the mod creators.

Sir Mano's Avatar Civis

here ya go
    part 1
    part 2
    just extract with 7zip and run the installer (it's the same installer as in the original download )

Centenarius

Thank you very much my friend!

Sir Mano's Avatar Civis

your welcome
    did it worked?
    Last edited by Sir Mano; December 17, 2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: blablablablabla

Dude, where do you live, North Korea?

Anyway, yeah stuff's happening again. I got to do buildings and junk and add some unarmored strat models that I don't have.

By the way, I'm not making fun or you or insulting you, but it is odd for a country to be banned from a website.
    Last edited by Agamemnon; December 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Added explanation

Sir Mano's Avatar Civis

what? lol
    there are a lot countries banned from gamerfront
    advertising issues or some

Argentina
    Mexico
    Chile
    Spain
    Thailand
    Poland
    Colombia
    Brazil
    France
    Venezuela
    Italy
    Peru
    Uruguay
    Malaysia
    Turkey
    Indonesia
    India
    Ecuador
    Costa Rica
    Honduras
    Hungary
    Philippines
    Portugal
    Romania
    Russian Federation
    Serbia
    Singapore
    Sweden
    Japan
    you should have checked his link
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=575968
    PS. And ironicly North Korea isn't in the list....
    and good luck with the campaign
    +rep
    Last edited by Sir Mano; December 24, 2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: check it out! JAMCRACKERS!

Domesticus

So how goes the modding?

And its total BS how some websites dont work. I especially hate how the Russians have to upload stuff to well...Russian websites. And those Russian websites have long download downtimes for their free stuff, and im not about to pay some website in Russia(sorry if that sounds bigotted, but little bit scared of that) to download stuff, and especially aint asking my ladyfriend to do it XD

But the Russians make some awesome mods that are unique from what we Americans and such make

Sorry, I was unaware that non-communist countries actually censored their Internet like that. I guess I'm just a spoiled American. But it'll be either Gamefront or ModDB that this winds up on, so I might also make a torrent. And thank you. I took a long break, but I'm ready to start again.

Domesticus

Instead of Communist Censorship, its Capitalist I think they block those countries due to them either having their own sites similar, or because they dont get the advertising, and it takes up precious bandwidth or some such bullcrap. Its the websites doing it, not the countries. Pretty sure if you try accessing a banned website in a country that bans sites, they send the feds after you

I think ModDB doesnt do that though...

Im an American too, but we get effected by it by how the mod teams in other countries have to use their crappy websites to upload too

Domesticus

BTW, do you think you'll take this campaign to super full status? I was thinking of a Civil War mod, and had alot of ideas.

I cant do any real modding work due to being on dial up(IE: I cant upload crap. I cant even download crap, I have to have my ladyfriend download stuff for me and send it to my via memory sticks I send to her), but im full of ideas

I was thinking of using the religion system to represent pro-confederate/pro-union ideas(with their own "priests!"), and will create rebel uprisings(Slave uprisings if pro-Union, and random immigrant uprisings if pro-confederate). There'd be certain events for it too

Possibly add in other pro/cons for other factions if thats in the future(For Mexico, and Canada, and whatever other factions that could possibly be in. Spain for Cuba?)

Also, maybe the western states could be a different faction, but have a permanate alliance with the Union, unless you(playing as them) destroy a certain building(which would represent the alliance), and either be Independent, or join with the Confederacy

Would be pretty neat for Texas, and maybe North Carolina too(NC was oddly between Confederate and Union, couldnt decide what to do, even though delicious sandwiched in the Confederacy). Form their own independent factions. Dunno how to play it out though

Basically, if you could do a future version thats really full complete awesome stuff, it becomes a massive what if scenario, instead of simply the Civil War. What if the CSA won? What if Europe got involved? What if Mexico wanted revenge for the Mexican-American War? What if the Western States said screw you guys. What if Texas declared its true independence? What if North Carolina became Switzerland?!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast