Thread: indians in custom battles?

delmat's Avatar Tiro

Default indians in custom battles?

I know it would probably be hard to implement indians on the campaign map due to the lack of regions&space (altough the certain indian tribes participated in acw) but I would like if it would be possible to include some indian tribes (cherokee, plains, pueblo) at least in the custom battles so we could play us cavalry vs. sioux or texas rangers vs. comanche/apache battles or something like that..how hard is to achieve this without some modding experience and what do you think about that idea?

Default Re: indians in custom battles?

Well i thought about a campaign that takes place outside the civil war. There would be the united states and several tribes.
    These would lead to a situation which is outside of history because big battles would happen, but maybe a funny alternative.

delmat's Avatar Tiro

yeah that would be very fun to play..united states, some western indians like pueblo&plains and mexico..it could be interesting..

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

This also gives me an idea, why not implement Cherokee Light Infantry for the CSA?

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Heck, why not have Confederates owning a tiny island in the Caribbean and allow an alternate-reality Second War of Secession?

delmat's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Heck, why not have Confederates owning a tiny island in the Caribbean and allow an alternate-reality Second War of Secession?
    I don't understand your sarcasm..indian tribes existed in that period and controlled still very big areas mostly in the west and some even fought in war..some cherokees and other tribes for example fought for the CSA..even if that can't be implemented on the campaign map (which I understand because of the lack of regions) they could at least be included in custom battles..it is not a proposal or a demand, but merely a suggestion..it would be fun to play battles US Cavalry vs Sioux or something like that..
    Last edited by delmat; August 27, 2012 at 05:35 PM.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I actually like the idea of a post-WoS campaign where you can play the US and fight indians or try to bring back the CS.

delmat's Avatar Tiro

sorry then I think that post-war campaign doesn't need to be that fantastic let's say so..it can be just as realistic as it was in that time..you have reunited Union, Cherokee&Plains&Pueblo Indians, Mexico..the only thing to be unrealistic would be the big battles of US versus Indians or Mexico versus US or Indians but that would also be very fun as there is no other way of depicting those conflicts accurately in tw..
    also regarding your proposal about the possible restoration of CSA, your idea isn't bad on second thought, maybe those Confederates who didn't accept surrender could have one "rebel" region just to present them and their skirmishes with US forces later after the war..altough that would also be somewhat unrealistic because there weren't big battles as it would be in the game and those former Confederates were mostly bandits let alone some organized military force but it would still bring lots of possibilities
    I don't think that we will see this campaign in certain time (heck we must wait for 3.5 for who knows when) or ever as guys probably already have tons of work on their other mods but hope never dies..think of all the fun

I had an idea for the indians, for the campaign: would it be possible for when there is a population rebellion (once you've taken a new territory), it could be changed to an indian uprising ? (only for the western territories).

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Gotreksek View Post
    I had an idea for the indians, for the campaign: would it be possible for when there is a population rebellion (once you've taken a new territory), it could be changed to an indian uprising ? (only for the western territories).
    you mean, you take it from the CSA (example) and indians start the rebellion? that is a little far-fetched, don't you think? IMO, better would be (if possible) to have separate Warpath Campaign modes. what I mean is: in main menu you could choose two different campaigns on warpath map; already present civil War Campaign and a different campaign played from let's say 1844 (before the War with Mexico). Then you would be able to play through the entire war against mexico and as an added bonus have entire western part of US, from St. Louis, Jackson and New Orleans (to the west) controlled by Indians. that isn't so historical but it could be a good stand off from the Civil War... however, i am not sure if this is even possible nand how much work would it require. but who knows, maybe I take it on one day... we shall see...

Well once a western territory was taken, population rarely took arms afterwards, but there was always a risk of having indians on the warpath (that risk existed before, during and after the war)

I'd really prefer that it be an RTI3 campaign. Purely because I don't have Warpath and have no desire to spend money just for a mod...

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    I'd really prefer that it be an RTI3 campaign. Purely because I don't have Warpath and have no desire to spend money just for a mod...
    but, RTI3 has great amount of empty space West of Missouri and no settlements to give to possible indian factions (except one or two regions on the far west). IMO warpath campaign map is the only to be worthy to make such a project for. everything else would be much work for nothing. extreme distances, few regions and therefore only one or two battles to conquer indian settlements doesn't promise good and quality game-play.

also, you can get warpath add-on under 5$ (i think) so it is not that expensive. people who did eventually bus the warpath add-on to play the ACW were well pleased and stated that it was a money well spent... but do as you please...

Meh, I'm playing 2.6 right now because 3.4 doesn't run on my computer, so ATM it doesn't matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by delmat View Post
    sorry then I think that post-war campaign doesn't need to be that fantastic let's say so..it can be just as realistic as it was in that time..you have reunited Union, Cherokee&Plains&Pueblo Indians, Mexico..the only thing to be unrealistic would be the big battles of US versus Indians or Mexico versus US or Indians but that would also be very fun as there is no other way of depicting those conflicts accurately in tw..
    Well, since 1862 Mexico had been under french occupation (at one point one point nearly 40.000 french troops may have been deployed there). As soon as possible after the war the USA sent a sizable observation corps to the mexican frontier; Napoleon III saw the writing on the wall and chose wisely to cut its losses, leaving Maximilien to hang out to dry. That is a nice post Appomattox scenario if you are looking for something semi realistic.