Thread: success with playing FKOC from Steam

Default success with playing FKOC from Steam

The Kingdoms Launcher works just as well for M2TW as it does for Kingdoms. For those of you having problems try adding it through the Kingdoms launcher. It worked for me.

Default Re: success with playing FKOC from Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The Kingdoms Launcher works just as well for M2TW as it does for Kingdoms. For those of you having problems try adding it through the Kingdoms launcher. It worked for me.
    Could you elaborate a bit ? What are you doing to get it to run ?

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Please elaborate in great depth, this would be a handy thing to steer future people with FKOC users with Steam installation issues to!

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Download and drag the Kingdoms launcher to you desktop.
    Download and install FKOC into your M2TW mods file (example: c:\steam\...\m2tw\mods.
    Click to open the Kingdoms launcher. select "File" and from the File drop down menu select new mod.
    Click n the "Browse " button and go to the path (c:\stead....\mods\FKOC and click on OK.

don't forget to update you normal M2TW launcher at the TW site. I think you can find a link in here someplace.

This doesn't make sense. When I launch Kingdoms from my desktop shortcut there is no file menu.

OK so I got it to work. Now I crash when entering battles in the campaign All I get is the message Med2 has stopped working due to an unspecified error.
    Last edited by Gordon Highlander; January 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM.

Check the log file (main med2 folder) if you crash on battles the issue will be with the battle models.db/edu.text files or missing meshes etc. In which case reinstall it and it "might" work.
    As I've said before I've never tried to get this to run on Steam/Kingdoms so my knowledge is quite limited.

Quote Originally Posted by gaunty14 View Post
    Check the log file (main med2 folder) if you crash on battles the issue will be with the battle models.db/edu.text files or missing meshes etc. In which case reinstall it and it "might" work.
    As I've said before I've never tried to get this to run on Steam/Kingdoms so my knowledge is quite limited.
    Sounds good. I played a campaign for a good 2 hours today without any problems. If anyone else needs help with steam let me know. It is a pain to get figured out but once you do it is well worth it.

Happy to see its working.

oi gaunty,dont let the marthter hear you say that for he will rise and strike thee down for a steam user!

Meh I save AD time by looking after the forum/answering queries/updating download links so I think he can look the other way on this one

i am confused guys. how can you edit the options to select mods for m2tw?