Thread: somthings wrong

Default somthings wrong

ok i got chivalry tw and i folowed all of the instal instructions.
    but when ever i try and start the campaign or a custom battle or anything it CTD's...

please help me
    "Have you ever felt how victory feels unless youve felt defeat?"

Default Re: somthings wrong

make sure you are playing with the correct version of the game

i am it just ctd's whenever i try and do anything
    "Have you ever felt how victory feels unless youve felt defeat?"

ok, go into data-->world-->maps-->base and delete your map.rwm file

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to the Chivalry: Total War (ChivTW) sub-forum.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

How to handle Chiv proper
    ====================

- First you need to have RTW patched to version 1.5, then the RTW cd inserted not the BI cd (just in case someone thinks it is a BI mod).
    - Then version 0.34 must be installed, before you install the 0.44 patch.
    - After the installation of the 0.44 patch, install the Hotfix 0.44a.

- After the installation of 0.34, 0.44 patch and the Hotfix 0.44a, check this out:

1.a) Run Chivalry with the exe (a brown/black rebel shield icon), that was thrown automatically on your desktop while your installation of v0.44. Look at the path-target of this exe (open properties): it must be the directory where you installed chivalry! If not, then correct the path manually:
    In my case it is on partition E installed so it calls: "E:\Spiele\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:chivalry.
    The part between "E:\... and ...\RomeTW.exe" must be the path where you installed Chiv.

Just correct this manually, if there is a default path entry, and you have not installed into the default directory. You can open the RTW directory from Chiv and then copy the path-"adress" into the exe-path.

1.b) Alternative you can look after the Chiv exe included in the RTW directory, if this automatically has already the correct path, then copy this one to your desktop.

2. Start the MINOR CAMPAIGN only.

---

@CenturianXXI
    If the above things doesn't help, then your installation seems to be wrong, and you should start from scratch, with an unmodded RTW 1.5. If your RTW is unmodded, then delete there the chivalry folder from this directory, and install Chivalry anew from the start.

@Publius
    Removing the map.rwm isn't necessary while or before or after Chiv installations. And if the custom battle mode in Centurian's installation doesn't work, it must be another culprit than a map thing. I assume, he didn't consider one of my above advices.

At different places here i gave the hint that everybody can get more support on Chiv's scc-forum, with more complete informations, also in my sig is the link ... well, atm. scc is unfortunately down, but it will work again, i'm sure :original:
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.