Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Map A)

15 53.57%
  • Map b)

13 46.43%
Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1116

Thread: End of Antiquity Campaign: The First Crusade (612 - 710)

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: End of Antiquity Campaign: The First Crusade (612 - 710)

The Sassanian/Sassanid/Iranian EoR/EoA-roster has been found:

The full Sassanian/Iranian roster has been found in the main EoR-mod -in high quality! Enjoy this preview of the cool bad-ass units of the Sassanid-Empire!

It has the same high quality as the Heraclian-ERA Roman roster! The only exception are three merc-units/units from other peoples in the Sassanid army. But they have a huge amount of troops.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Wonderful!

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Hello!!!!

sorry for the questions: is there any news? or any beta release?

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    Hello!!!!

sorry for the questions: is there any news? or any beta release?
    This is the only beta currently available (2014, The Danube Limes):

http://www.moddb.com/mods/east-of-ro...lable-at-moddb

I haven't done anything more yet. - on EoA or EoR.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 16, 2017 at 09:11 AM. Reason: I meant the unfinished mods.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Libertus

Mr_Nygren sabmod is a great, but how to fix it crashes when pressing icons units? I can put the log file.

Quote Originally Posted by ZSV View Post
    Mr_Nygren sabmod is a great, but how to fix it crashes when pressing icons units? I can put the log file.
    Yes,don't thank me for that-Deutschland and his team was behind that one and the work on the other versions.

I am just fixing up the unreleased mods from an unplayable state to hopefully a playable one. At least the main mod because it had gone quite a bit in development in the available version, available for me that is.

The Danube Limes is the only one released, and i haven't worked on it.

Edit:To fix the problems look at the bug thread. There should be an EDU-file with fixes.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 16, 2017 at 09:19 AM.

- The Havamal

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks!

Danube limes had a problem (when I try in 2014). I got CTD when I start a battle....but It was great...I really love to play to East of Rome!

anyway I was referring to end of anthiquity! do you have a beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    Thanks!

Danube limes had a problem (when I try in 2014). I got CTD when I start a battle....but It was great...I really love to play to East of Rome!

anyway I was referring to end of anthiquity! do you have a beta?
    End of Antiquity is not playable.

East of Rome is soon playable in custom battles only.

- The Havamal

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    End of Antiquity is not playable.

East of Rome is soon playable in custom battles only.
    What's needed for East of Rome to become at least partially playable in the main campaign (similarly to the Danube Limes for example)? My modding knowledge isn't all that great, but I could help with some simpler tasks I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by vikior View Post
    What's needed for East of Rome to become at least partially playable in the main campaign (similarly to the Danube Limes for example)? My modding knowledge isn't all that great, but I could help with some simpler tasks I suppose
    1. Fixing all factions in custom battles.

2. Removing non-functional units from the descr_strat, scripts and EDB-files.

3. Fixing some bugs on the campaign.

4. Adding the Lakhmids, Abbasid Caliphate and Ghassanids to the campaign.

5. As the Ostrogoths have lost all their model files i need to find a suitable roster for them.

Then i think it's mostly set. Possible CTD-bugs may need to be beaten first though.

- The Havamal

I believe the Ostrogothic Roster can be fixed with units from Invasio Barbarorum II. Do you need any kind of help? By the wy where did you find all those units? In which file of EoR, I cannot find them anywhere at least to play a battle.
    Last edited by Leon Katakalon; January 30, 2017 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Katakalon View Post
    I believe the Ostrogothic Roster can be fixed with units from Invasio Barbarorum II. Do you need any kind of help? By the wy where did you find all those units? In which file of EoR, I cannot find them anywhere at least to play a battle.
    Okay, thanks for the information. I also got a request from another modder to merge efforts or cooperate with their mod. They have a mod set in the time-period of notitia/Justinian to Heraclian/Thematic. I don't remember the name of their mod but they said we could share units between the mods.

What EoR-version do you have? They aren't in the Danube Limes-beta. I got access to the full mod but unfortunately an earlier version i think.

I haven't spent any more time modding for the last one and a half weeks. I was going to but Facebook and news of Trump have taken up all my time lol. I need to stop following the news and get back to modding, as i have like three mods i want to finish plus this one that i want to shape up.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 01, 2017 at 09:42 AM.

- The Havamal

I have the EoR version that I downloaded from moddb.com. How you came in possesison of those units?

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Katakalon View Post
    I have the EoR version that I downloaded from moddb.com. How you came in possesison of those units?
    Got access to a code from Darius .

- The Havamal

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

You're doing some great work Mr_Nygren. I'm glad to see that there's hope for East of Rome. Well done!
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    You're doing some great work Mr_Nygren. I'm glad to see that there's hope for East of Rome. Well done!
    Thanks m8, i decided to postpone my work of restoring the EoR-factions in favor of finishing projects i have already done great progress on.

Soon i will release my TLK-submod, then after that i will finish up the next version of GoT:TW and then i'll decide if i want to finish my Beginning of the End Times-submod or focus totally on making progress on WotN:Grand Campaign. As long as i don't meet a CTD-problem which i can't solve myself - i will finish WotN before attempting to finish the EoR-setup. I can state though that Wrath of the Norsemen: Grand Campaign will use some of the assets of EoR Danube Limes among other things so those units will be put in good use.

When all that is done i continue the EoR-project in the hopes of making all factions work in custom battles and then finally fix the great Justinian Campaign. I am in need of suitable rosters for the Ostrogoths as they had lost all their model-files though - but at least the text-stuff and names are done.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 13, 2017 at 10:43 AM.

- The Havamal

Caudillo87's Avatar Semisalis

Unfortunately these are not the units I was making. The files that are used in this mod were the Beta units. The units that were lost were actually quite impressive. So sad, but keep up the good work Mr_Nygren. I'm glad that these old files are being looked after. Take Care.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudillo87 View Post
    Unfortunately these are not the units I was making. The files that are used in this mod were the Beta units. The units that were lost were actually quite impressive. So sad, but keep up the good work Mr_Nygren. I'm glad that these old files are being looked after. Take Care.
    Are you sure that the Sassanid and Heraclian units weren't the official ones? Because they ARE very impressive compared to most other rosters. I agree that the other ones weren't as good quality though.

Edit: If those units were only in the beta-stage (Heraclian and Sassanids), then the final products must have been truly epic to look at - must have been hard on you to loose it all..

I still think those units look great even if they are only in their beta-stage. Did you also create the Thematic roster of the Romans? They had one truly epic Varangian Guard-unit - as well as some other cool units, but they were not as epic as the Heraclian-era ones we can see in this thread. Maybe they weren't finished at that point.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 27, 2017 at 02:19 PM.

- The Havamal

Caudillo87's Avatar Semisalis

Well the problem was when I gave the East of Rome team my units, they edited them with what they had already. The units that you were showing were hold offs from the very, very, very beginning stages of their mod. I was working on a whole new generation of models that were spectacular - they would have been the most anatomically beautiful models in MTWII. I was going away from the Rusichi base models. I thought that they were too wide the more I continued working on them, which was why i began working on a completely different base model. I mean damn, it makes me cry just thinking of how beautiful they would have been. Sorry if it makes you feel more anxious, but i'm afraid those files are lost forever. The newer models never even made it to my version of End of Antiquity. When I finally decide to take my old desktop to Bestbuy and see what they could do as far as transfering/backing up my old hard drive, I'll let you all know.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudillo87 View Post
    Well the problem was when I gave the East of Rome team my units, they edited them with what they had already. The units that you were showing were hold offs from the very, very, very beginning stages of their mod. I was working on a whole new generation of models that were spectacular - they would have been the most anatomically beautiful models in MTWII. I was going away from the Rusichi base models. I thought that they were too wide the more I continued working on them, which was why i began working on a completely different base model. I mean damn, it makes me cry just thinking of how beautiful they would have been. Sorry if it makes you feel more anxious, but i'm afraid those files are lost forever. The newer models never even made it to my version of End of Antiquity. When I finally decide to take my old desktop to Bestbuy and see what they could do as far as transfering/backing up my old hard drive, I'll let you all know.
    Okay, then i understand the situation.

Yes, i think you should do that - you may possibly be able to restore your version of EoA. But if the units weren't implemented that won't restore the units - but hopefully they may be on the harddrive also. The more time you wait the less likely it will be to restore the broken harddrive.

I need myself to move my hardrive from my broken down gaming computer - i only lost a day of work on my Warhammer-submod though - but i think it's not really lost. I just can't access the harddrive because of the processor not working properly. I also can't access alot of files which i would want to access.

But too loose many years of work is a real shame. I know how tiresome it is to have to start over after just one day. Cheers man

- The Havamal