View Poll Results: Which Map would you choose? Refer to Post #564

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Map A)

15 53.57%
  • Map b)

13 46.43%
Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: End of Antiquity Campaign: The First Crusade (612 - 710)

Caudillo87's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: End of Antiquity: The First Crusade (612 - 710)

Quote Originally Posted by romano britones View Post
    Will the regular Scutati infantry, as seen on page 19, still appear with the variation in helmet?
    Yes it will only be the elite units that have the same helmet as members of an actual regiment I think that they should wear exactly the same thing only different faces because I think it makes more sense with trying to uphold and maintain the ancient traditions of their ancient roman past as proud members of their Numerus, descendants of the old legions.

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

I do hope it'll work

At Dragonborn we had to lower verts, in order to be played normally

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    Don't worry mate. I have a pretty low-end computer and I have no troubles with TGC battles. Even zoomed in
    Exactly...We have tested 4 full armies with huge units in the same battlefield without any problem in 3-4 years old pcs and even older.
    But we must not forget that moddeling is not a compatition of the bigest detail. Is a matter to allow the player to enjoy the battles visualy.
    There lies the thin line between huge details and smooth play game.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Exactly...We have tested 4 full armies with huge units in the same battlefield without any problem in 3-4 years old pcs and even older.
    But we must not forget that moddeling is not a compatition of the bigest detail. Is a matter to allow the player to enjoy the battles visualy.
    There lies the thin line between huge details and smooth play game.
    This ^

Auxillia Secunda Flavia Gemina Palatina

The Secunda Flavia Gemina Palatina will be the other unit that will only be recruitable in Constantinople. Their unit name comes from the Notitia Dignatium as being under the command of the Magister Militum Thraces. They will be the spearmen that will help the Primiscutari in defending the capital and fighting the Emperor's enemy.

Credits:
    Rusichi and Absinthia for primary material
    Lief_Erikson for his shields
    and a special thanks for Sandy for his faces.

Last edited by Caudillo87; March 11, 2013 at 03:04 AM.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Amazing update!

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

WOW !

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Amazing yet again!

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

İ liked best the neckless.i ll need to make a wolf headed neckless for the göktürks.

p.s. i am still too busy with the real life.

The Sassanid levy infantrymen seems to use flat wicker shield instead of curved wicker shield, why? Can anyone explain why? thank you.

Will the Scutati and the elite Scutati appear before or after the 'theme' reforms made by Heraclius?
    Also, I recognised that some of the scutati men were wearing ridge helmets or similar type helmets.
    Last edited by romano britones; March 11, 2013 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crooked Philosopher View Post
    The Sassanid levy infantrymen seems to use flat wicker shield instead of curved wicker shield, why? Can anyone explain why? thank you.
    The Sassanids saw themselves as the heirs to the ancient Achaemenid Empire and firmly upheld the old traditions of the Great Army of the Great Persian Kings. This was greatly displayed in the uniforms and armor of the Sassanid Army. It was more evident in the beginning of the Empire but dwindled as the empire evolved to counter its foes. The large wicker shields were one of the enduring items held from ancient times, why the were not curved I do not know - but I do know that they were intended to be used like a pavise shield and implanted in the ground to give cover to the archers as they wasted away enemy ranks, and flat shields gave more protection.

Also, to the ancient Eranians the infantry was not given any consideration in training or protectional concern, therefore there was no need to offer the Phaigan that curve for extra protection.

I hope this is close and good enough to answer your question if you have any more please let me know.

Will the Scutati and the elite Scutati appear before or after the 'theme' reforms made by Heraclius?
    Also, I recognised that some of the scutati men were wearing ridge helmets or similar type helmets.
    Before. If I do add an event like the themes as a Marius Event they will be completely different.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spangenhelm.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	270820
    Will this type of helmet appear in this mod?

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spangenhelm.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	270820
    Will this type of helmet appear in this mod?
    Don't know about the Heraklian era, but it fits perfect i think for the Justinian period.

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Oh man, you have to be kidding, those are excellent models for a great RPG. What a magnificent quality. State-of-the-art work.

Unique Units of the Orient

Numerus Quarta Parthica

*This is my interpretation of the David Plate's presentation of the Helmet caps.

The Quarta Parthica were one of the last remaining units that bore a direct descent of their Legionary predecessors and are therefore extremely proud of their unit and will fight the enemies of the Emperor until death. Attesting to existing till the early phases of the 7th century, it is most likely that this unit was completely wiped out defending Antioch during the Great Sassanid-Roman War of 602.
    (Note: Shield tuxture will probably change since the legion's design is not in the Notitia Dignatium.)

Auxillia Felicium Theodosianis

The Felicium Theodosianis is the Comitis Orientis' auxilia and will support the Numerus Quarta Parthica with stout spears and great morale. I don't know if they were in Antioch at this time, I just like the name, it might change.

Credits:
    Lief_Erikson: Shields
    ​Absinthia: Primary textures
    Sandy: Face textures

Last edited by Caudillo87; March 11, 2013 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    Oh man, you have to be kidding, those are excellent models for a great RPG. What a magnificent quality. State-of-the-art work.
    Thank you, I thank God that Lief_Erikson was kind enough to share his shields, without them my units will look like nothing. As for the body textures, they did take a quite of bit of work but it will all be worth it.

Hmm, that's a logical answer but what about the description from Sassanid historian that describe curved oblong shaped shield covered with raw hide. Is it still used by the Sassanids during this period?

Sorry, it should be Roman historian.