View Poll Results: Which Map would you choose? Refer to Post #564

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Map A)

15 53.57%
  • Map b)

13 46.43%
Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: End of Antiquity Campaign: The First Crusade (612 - 710)

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: End of Antiquity: The First Crusade (612 - 710)

Quote Originally Posted by Caudillo87 View Post
    Final Proof of the Boucellarius Units

Credit must be given to Leif_Erikson who has donated his Late Roman Shields and can be seen, as well as Absinthia and Rusichi for their Primary Material.

What???? My entire team works for you now???
    Exelent work my friend!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Caudillo87's Avatar Semisalis

Unique Roman Units

Greetings all, as you may or may not know, this mod well have a slightly different recruitment system. Whether its historically accurate or not I do not know, it is based primarily on balance to give players more of a challenge as well as the diversity present in Late Roman/Early Byzantine armies. In "End of Antiquity" there will be five "Power Centers" for Persian and Roman factions of which the fully professional units will be recruited. There will be a total of 5 for each "urbanized" civilizations, capitals included, which will force the player to do what ever it takes to maintain those centers at the loss of the lesser provinces around them. In addition to recruiting the standard professional units, for the Romans there will also be two other "unique" units of which their recruitment will be completely limited. The Persians have no such thing yet, since my knowledge of their armies are limited to what is available to read but Sassanian fans rest assured that they will have something. The Good thing about having fewer factions is that I am able to stretch the 500 unit limit around to my content!

Here are the five "Power Centers" in order of precedence as well as the units that they will be able to recruit:

CONSTANTINOPLE: {Praefectus Urbis Constantinopolitanae}
    (Excubitores): Elite bodyguard unit of the Roman Emperors, the "Real" Palace Guards. [Best Melee]
    (Protectores Domestici Palatinae): One of the other existing Palace Guard units, [phalanx forming unit, best lancers].
    (Obsequium Protectores Domestici): The elite Palace Guard unit, [Best Spearmen]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Two Unique Units:
    (Numerus Primiscutarii Palatina) 1 Recruitable
    (Auxillia Prima Flavia Gemina Palatina) 1 or 2

ANTIOCH: {Comites Orientis}
    (Numerus Quarta Parthica) 1 Recruitable
    (Auxillia Felicium Theodosianis) 1 or 2

ALEXANDRIA: {Praefectus Augustalis}
    (Numerus Quinta Macedonica) 1 Recruitable
    (Auxillia Secunda Felix Valentis Thebaeorum) 1 or 2

CARTHAGE: {Exarchus Carthaginis}
    Obsequium Protectores Exarchae: [Imperial bodyguard unit of the Exarch, as he was the living embodiment of Imperial Authority and ruling for the Emperor in proxy, he deserves a bodyguard of imperial standing.]
    ---------------------------------------
    (Bandon Primi Felices Iustiniani) 1 Recruitable
    (Bandon Libyi Iustiniani) 1 or 2

RAVENNA: {Exarchus Ravennam}
    Obsequium Protectores Exarchae
    ---------------------------------------
    (Numerus Invictorum) 1 Recruitable
    (Auxillia Primi Theodosiani) 1 or 2

So there's the list, now before anyone tries to lynch me on historical accuracy I found these units based on the Notitia Dignatium as well as search all other for unit names that continued to exist till the beginning of the 7th century. The names are not set in stone and if anybody has any knowledge please let me know, if not then this is what I am going for and this is what I am going to be working on and thanks to Lief_Erikson's donation of Late Roman Shields It has made my work so much easier. So please stay tuned for the Previews of these units in order. Cheers!
    Last edited by Caudillo87; March 06, 2013 at 03:55 AM.

Gondolin's Avatar Tiro

I can't wait to see this mod out, everything has been well done. I'll check regularly. (Rome shall not fall again)

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

hi all.since a week i ve been working in 2 jobs.i mean full time day and night.thats why i could not look at modding issues.it seems it ll countinue like that for some time.

Thank you, the past couple of days I have been blue printing the Numerus and Auxillia units and will now start putting them on pc so stay tuned, I should have all of the palatina units finished by tomorrow.

Will we see the ridge helmet on any of these units?

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Quote Originally Posted by romano britones View Post
    Will we see the ridge helmet on any of these units?
    It was out of date this period...

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Every Numerus will have a different kind of Spangenhelm like the ones I made for the Boucellarii as well as the Auxillia.

Numerus Primiscutarii Palatina

The Primiscutarii Palatina were one of the existing palace units in Constantinople as mentioned in the 6th century. They will be recruitable only in Constantinople and only one can be mustered to fight for the emperor.

Credits:
    *Leif_Erikson for his Late Roman Shields
    *Rusicihi and Absinthia for their primary material

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

I am blown away!+rep

Sorry guys I had just finished putting the finishing touches of the other unit the Auxillia Prima Secunda Gemina but there was a problem with the ms3d file and it won't let me open it again so ill have to start from scratch after 4 hours of work. I still have the file so if anyone knows how to fix a file let me know other than that you'll all have to wait until another time. So sad...

P.s. I was experimenting with a high polygon model that Karaislam gave me, the model you see has a whopping 80000+ vertices and I may have to go back to the Rusichi head model if there is too much lag.
    Last edited by Caudillo87; March 07, 2013 at 04:13 AM.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

I thought its not too advisable that a whole unit has more than 10 000 vertices, and great work btw! +rep

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Numerus Primiscutarii Palatina

The Primiscutarii Palatina were one of the existing palace units in Constantinople as mentioned in the 6th century. They will be recruitable only in Constantinople and only one can be mustered to fight for the emperor.

Credits:
    *Leif_Erikson for his Late Roman Shields
    *Rusicihi and Absinthia for their primary material

NICE!!! I really like it. Though the shield now has two handles (one horizontal - leifs textures - and one verical which you made in 3D). And I see some UV mapping issues on the lower part on the back of the shield.

Sorry guys I had just finished putting the finishing touches of the other unit the Auxillia Prima Secunda Gemina but there was a problem with the ms3d file and it won't let me open it again so ill have to start from scratch after 4 hours of work. I still have the file so if anyone knows how to fix a file let me know other than that you'll all have to wait until another time. So sad...
    We've all been there...! Just keep in mind that whatever you'll be redoing it will be even better than the first one. I always tell that to myself and often it's true.

P.s. I was experimenting with a high polygon model that Karaislam gave me, the model you see has a whopping 80000+ vertices and I may have to go back to the Rusichi head model if there is too much lag.
    80000+ vertices??!! That's like 110000 polygons! Including all variations in body, faces, equipment etc.? Geesh... And the head appears to be too big compared to the body. I'd recommend trying to run a 20 vs 20 battle with only these units and also a siege battle. For comparison: my units have around 20.000 polygons, but that includes all variations (8 helmets, 8 heads, 8 bodies, 4 legs, 2 greaves, 4 belts & scabbards, 4 pouches, 3 shields, 4 swords, 2 spears, 4 scarfs).
    In all fairness - I've said it to Karaislam as well - having such a high-detail head is - to put it bluntly - pretty ridiculous. And, from a designer's perspective, i would be inconsistent if you don't make use of the same detail for the rest of the model. And ingame it could make the head stand out in a bad way due to lighting (for example eyes lighting up because it's in 3D and I believe disconnected from the rest of the face model).
    I'm just saying: don't. Adding only a handful of extra polygons to that collar to make it look more round like I suggested a page earlier is one thing, going overboard with this is another...
    Again, just saying...
    Last edited by Razor; March 07, 2013 at 05:33 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

TGC has many 25-27000 vertiges models.
    They are heavy for most of pcs to hundle..Imagine what will happen with 80000 vertices models in game.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

relax guys.

my notebook i3 3 gb ram ati 5650.

i was making games with my full arabs.i did not realize a performance issue.

i can also reduce the polgyon with just a click in maya if necessary.

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

My PC can't handle so many verts. So its all map play for me

And those TGC verts are bad news for me... And for most of the players I know.
    Last edited by NekoGenijalan; March 07, 2013 at 08:33 AM.

Well I think the head itself has like 20000 vertices I probably will change it because I think it will cause the game to run like a slideshow.

and as for the unit I don't think so, it was pretty good the way it was but thanks I appreciate your boast to my morale. The uv mapping ill fix.

@nekogenijalan: don't worry there will only be a few of these units in such a high caliber as I only have a Nvidia gts 450 1024mb...for now any way.

Will the regular Scutati infantry, as seen on page 19, still appear with the variation in helmet?

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by NekoGenijalan View Post
    My PC can't handle so many verts. So its all map play for me

And those TGC verts are bad news for me... And for most of the players I know.
    Don't worry mate. I have a pretty low-end computer and I have no troubles with TGC battles. Even zoomed in

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War