View Poll Results: Which Map would you choose? Refer to Post #564

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Map A)

15 53.57%
  • Map b)

13 46.43%
Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 520212223242526272829303132333435363738394055 ... LastLast

Thread: End of Antiquity Campaign: The First Crusade (612 - 710)

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

Default Re: End of Antiquity: The First Crusade (612 - 710)

Good job guys, this mod has really nice pace

In some of the Roman previews, I see the ridge helmet. I thought they were replaced at the end of the fifth century.

Caudillo87's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by romano britones View Post
    In some of the Roman previews, I see the ridge helmet. I thought they were replaced at the end of the fifth century.
    Its debatable, depends on who you ask, though I might replace them all with my new spangenhelms but again it's tough to say that the roman government replaced them all as there is not enough info regarding the matter.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

You are certainty enjoying modding the Gokturks, it shows in the level of detail, keep it up E!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Caudillo87 View Post
    New Boucellarii Unit

(Close up of new and improved Spangenhelm)

There will be three armor and tunic variations with two more spangenhelm designs as well as petruges colors in addition to one more chap color. Since the Boucellarii made up the core of Early Byzantine armies there will be two units of the same: Heavy Lancer and the other Heavy Horse Archer. They will be the bridge between the Clibanarii and the regular Cavallarii.

An exelent work...
    I would sugest to remove the bags and the water can...
    Or atleast half of them. The model has enough and exelent detail even without them. No need to make the models heavier with no reasson.
    Add those accesories in units that look "naked" from equipments.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

The spangenhelm helmets look great.

*Official Poll is now available*

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

I voted map A, simply because I know that redoing an entire map is a lot of extra work, and that in itself is frustrating.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

i second that,
    map A looks very fine. the focus is clear and the main subject is well portrait.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

New Boucellarii Unit

(Close up of new and improved Spangenhelm)

There will be three armor and tunic variations with two more spangenhelm designs as well as petruges colors in addition to one more chap color. Since the Boucellarii made up the core of Early Byzantine armies there will be two units of the same: Heavy Lancer and the other Heavy Horse Archer. They will be the bridge between the Clibanarii and the regular Cavallarii.

Overall your Romans keep improving. Good job. The "spangen" of the spangenhelmet look very detailed.
    However, the make-up of your unit kind of confuses me. It's wearing lamellar armour over chainmail, which is possible. However the pteryges are on top of the chainmail, which isn't how it should be. I'd either get rid of the chainmail or the pteryges (or just delete the pteruges on the shoulder/arms). The pteryges are part of the undergarment which is worn underneath the armour and the chainmail would cover at least the pteryges on the arms and shoulders.
    And - from a purely aesthetic point of view - I would add more polygons to the lamellar collar of your unit because it's looking pretty rectangular. No need to go overboard with high amounts of polygons for things that visually don't need it, but in this case I would say it needs a couple more polygons make it a bit more smooth. See the red dots in attachment.
    Also, what's up with the texture on the lower legs? Does it represent boots?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    I voted map A, simply because I know that redoing an entire map is a lot of extra work, and that in itself is frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    i second that,
    map A looks very fine. the focus is clear and the main subject is well portrait.
    I don't know. Italy and especially North Africa were very important to the Roman empire. But personally I don't like the projection of map B which makes the map "curl" upwards at the west and eastern parts of the map...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boucellarii02 poly.jpg  

Regarding the map's range - I would leave it as it is now. The A variant would improv Gokturks position only slightly and therefore I don't think it is worth all the effort. The B variant would be good for second version of your mod - taking that map right now could kill your mod's development. So I realy suggest you should leave the current map and focus on the rest part of the mod as fast release is the best thing for mod's development. And You can alwyas make a script that would send reinforcments for Gokturk from outside territory anytime they are in trouble. Also Gokturk empire didn't last long but quickle fragmented into separated states - I would rather focus on these if you want give the steppic area more attention.

PS. your latest units look more then fine

Well Razor to answer your questions first I want to say that it's still a WIP. The petruges is one of the variations so you will see one with lamellar sleeves and another with just chain mail. Also the things that you are referring to on the legs are chaps, used by riders for extra protection. They were worn heavily by the Persians and thus by the Empire as well. I'm using a certain image as reference.

And thanks about the helmet, put a lot of effort into it.

This is what I am using as a reference for the Boucellarii, cool right?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

What we all have to remember. Those scales of lammelar or scale cuirasses were attached on a leather suit that ended up to what we see as pteryges.
    Pteryges were the extentions of that leather suit.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Well Razor to answer your questions first I want to say that it's still a WIP. The petruges is one of the variations so you will see one with lamellar sleeves and another with just chain mail. Also the things that you are referring to on the legs are chaps, used by riders for extra protection. They were worn heavily by the Persians and thus by the Empire as well. I'm using a certain image as reference.

And thanks about the helmet, put a lot of effort into it.

This is what I am using as a reference for the Boucellarii, cool right?

Ah, I see. That clears things up quite a bit. And yes, it does look pretty neat!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    What we all have to remember. Those scales of lammelar or scale cuirasses were attached on a leather suit that ended up to what we see as pteryges.
    Pteryges were the extentions of that leather suit.
    "Attached to a leather suit" or "worn over a leather suit"? As far as I know it's the latter.

Final Proof of the Boucellarius Units

Credit must be given to Leif_Erikson who has donated his Late Roman Shields and can be seen, as well as Absinthia and Rusichi for their Primary Material.

Wonderful work Caudillo! They are really unique and so nice for watching

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Indeed Briliant!

Wow, they actually look really good! Aesthetically very pleasant to the eye.

One thing I'll be nitpicking about: the model in the middle has the lamellar armour go all around the upper arm, which is very impractical if not impossible. I would suggest to make them like you did the pteryges on the upper arms of the other one (covering only the top side).

Oh, and the tunics look great, but also need decorative roundels/images on the back.